Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Virgin Mobile

Virgin Mobile - BYOP - $45 for 20GB - Unlimited Calling & Text

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 4th, 2022 6:46 pm
Deal Addict
May 13, 2005
4033 posts
4066 upvotes
Montreal
cayla66 wrote: I'm from Nova Scotia and just tried to see what would happen. Talked to an agent on chat. Not available for existing customers, unless you add a line or new customers only. They were aware of the $45 for 20GB plan.
icemasta wrote: Tried getting this as an existing customer for a family member, even went to Virgin retentions and they gave me some abysmal offers (ex $47 for 10GB). Retentions didn't even know about this deal which is mind boggling when sales did but couldn't offer it to existing. Going to switch to any other carrier with this promo.
If the $45 20GB plan is allowed to add as a new line then just do it (add a new line) instead of begging Virgin retentions.
At the same time, port the old number to different carrier. If you have an un-activated SIM card from other carrier then you could port right away (people saying you could go to BestBuy store and buy Telus sim card for $0).
Now, port your old number from other carrier back to your new number at Virgin Mobile.
The extra cost is you have to pay for number of days you have a new line with other carrier. The faster you port back your old number, the less number of day you have to pay.

However, we don't have to do this kind of extreme as many people posting picture of Fido, Koodo going to offer the similar plan $45 20GB. Look like it is the Back to School plan. Just port to other carrier offer this plan.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2006
2584 posts
114 upvotes
Assuming this offer comes back as a back to school promotion and they other two providers are also offering it, what are the advantages and disadvantages of getting this with Virgin versus koodo and fido? For example apparently telus doesnt let you use wifi calling outside of canada but rogers does. Thanks!
Apr 28, 2019
231 posts
173 upvotes
I was able to get this deal earlier via chat around 4:00 PM. Received an email confirmation confirming the order.

Will be switching from Telus $50/20GB to Virgin's $45/20GB. Maybe I'll get a winback deal with Telus but not sure because they both use Bell network I believe.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
1634 posts
2200 upvotes
Mississauga
If anyone needs this promo badly, please DM me I have the code for it. It is a unique one time use code. I also have a separate code for 20gb/50$ if anyone is interested. These are winback BYOD plans based on the wording in the email.
Telus $30/25gb x 3 lines, $10/Talk& Text line - 24 mths
300 LD Can/US minutes, 2000 LD minutes to India, Unlimited CAN-Int'l Text ($0), 0$ smartwatch plan
Rogers $44.99 /24 mths, Ignite internet
CIBC, Tang and EQ
Aug 13, 2008
3 posts
Calgary
Hello, i am going to switch from existing koodos to another provider, this plan is really tampelling, how can i get this plan 45/20g
Apr 20, 2021
498 posts
697 upvotes
mariokarter wrote: Assuming this offer comes back as a back to school promotion and they other two providers are also offering it, what are the advantages and disadvantages of getting this with Virgin versus koodo and fido? For example apparently telus doesnt let you use wifi calling outside of canada but rogers does. Thanks!
Virgin and Fido have perks.

Fido and Koodo have deals on devices. Koodo used to be king, but Fido is definitely catching up.

Fido has an automated system through which your account will be offered an opportunity to pay a bit more for more data after two or three months.
Jan 13, 2019
311 posts
626 upvotes
Qndydsb wrote: virgin will increase your fee anyways. you only get this price for a little time period, trust me. no more than 1 year
SizzleChest wrote: I had this experience as well. I was with Lucky and got a text offer to switch to Virgin which I decided to go for. I think it was less than 6 months when Virgin raised the price so back to Lucky I went.
Poutinesauce wrote: Virgin indeed loves these bait and switch tactics. I would stay away from them if you have other options.
bam136 wrote: Thinking about switching, but reading comments on Reddit and here about virgin increasing prices. Might just lock-in with Rogers 50epp 20gb to save any hassle.

Any friends here??
Just to throw in my $0.02, have been worth virgin for 18 years, probably 12 of which I would say have been on a pretty wicked deal. Have had 1 increase of $5 over that time. Left when my contract was up and came back a week later to an even better deal.

You have to be prepared to leave when your device is paid off, but I haven't seen better winback deals from any other provider. Have been on $45 for 20gb for a year ish now
Dec 13, 2020
521 posts
1017 upvotes
Markham, ON
Just noticed this is definitely being offered in store, at least at the 4300 Steeles Ave E #35A, Markham, ON L3R 0Y5 location in GTA

Is there any way for an existing customer to switch out from Virgin and then get on the $40 10GB plan, while retaining the phone number ? I find this better for me than the $45 25GB win back offer
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2016
5042 posts
6227 upvotes
Poutinesauce wrote: You're talking complete nonsense. It's because of the presence of Freedom Mobile and because they have a special deal that the big 3 are matching. Freedom Mobile is not present in Quebec. That's why.
I wasn't serious... :facepalm:
Jun 11, 2018
88 posts
49 upvotes
Anyone have their order completed and sent the processed plan contract?

I had to validate my information after being sent an email to reach out to customer relations, but nothing since.
Dec 21, 2015
35 posts
82 upvotes
Toronto, ON
All 3 sub-brands are offering similar deals.

Fido
Koodo
Virgin Plus

~$45 for 20GB
Base Plan $60, $15 bill credit for 12 months

$50 Activation Fee
Fido rep say maybe able to reduce the activation fee if porting over multiple lines.

Fido's plan appears to include 1000 Long Distance minutes to select countries.

Virgin Plus - available in ON and BC
https://www.virginplus.ca/en/hot-offers/summer2022-promo.html
https://www.virginplus.ca/en/hot-offers/summer2022-promo-tc.html

Fido, Koodo Photos from Markville Mall, Markham ON
PXL_20220731_204629532.jpg
PXL_20220801_205225044.jpg
PXL_20220801_204837236.jpg
VirginPlus.jpg
Jun 4, 2018
22 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
For the people that got this deal before taken down, I got the "Membership Agreement" email but doesn't say anything about this plan/promotion is limited to only "12 months of $45 20GB/bill credit difference". We will have a $50 connection charge. Created an account to check the plan, also doesn't say the price is limited to 12 months/bill credit difference.

First time with Virgin, but reading previous comments we probably could expect a price increase in a year.. (but fingers crossed we don't/even if we do so we could switch providers, and see if we are able to get the "win back offer" or there will be even better plans in the future)
Images
  • chrome_TsHG9NhWmX.png
  • chrome_PwSKEEwdbU.png
$50 TELUS Unlimited 30GB 5G Winback (Aug 2022)
Jun 11, 2018
88 posts
49 upvotes
99LIES wrote: For the people that got this deal before taken down, I got the "Membership Agreement" email but doesn't say anything about this plan/promotion is limited to only "12 months of $45 20GB/bill credit difference". We will have a $50 connection charge. Created an account to check the plan, also doesn't say the price is limited to 12 months/bill credit difference.

First time with Virgin, but reading previous comments we probably could expect a price increase in a year.. (but fingers crossed we don't/even if we do so we could switch providers, and see if we are able to get the "win back offer" or there will be even better plans in the future)
$50 connection fee should be waived if ordered online. I saw that fee in my contract but I will escalate if I am charged. Glad to hear that there isn't anything super awry that would indicate that this plan is 'temporary'. Again, would not be surprised by price increases - 30-day notice at the minimum is required per agreement.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2005
1694 posts
198 upvotes
Vancouver
Got an offer from Fido Loyalty for $45 4+5GB+5GB (bonus for 6 months). The pros is I don't have to chase and the credit -$5 and 5GB stays indefinitely. I don't use a lot of data, and if I take her word at face value, -$5 with no expiry seems better than -$15 in 12 months and researching for another deal...
Don't want/need a phone/contract... can I do better than this without hassle?