Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Virgin Mobile Black Friday

Virgin Mobile Home Internet 100Mbps for $35/m with mobile plan, $40 without mobile plan + $50 Visa GC - YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 5th, 2022 11:48 am
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2005
1135 posts
736 upvotes
Cambridge,Ontario
RxMills wrote: That can't be true, unless you're just a monthly customer without any agreement or 1-year contract.

With a one year agreement contract, I can't believe signing one allows the supplier to increase their price anytime. What would be the purpose of a contract/agreement then?
They re providing you a credit/discount.That allows them to raise the price but still give you the credit/discount you were getting.It's pretty common .
Oct 20, 2012
403 posts
117 upvotes
So you guys are getting 100m for $35 or $37.5 without wireless?
imadghani wrote: Do you have Wireless with them too? I tried again and they gave me $37.50 (thanks for the tip @flyboy320).

Probably won't call in again for the $2.50/month but just curious :)
Deal Addict
Jun 13, 2008
1745 posts
806 upvotes
Up in the air
verybo wrote: So you guys are getting 100m for $35 or $37.5 without wireless?
For me it was described as a discount/credit of $35/month off the regular price.
Freedom Mobile $99/yr.
Fido 3GB data only plan
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2006
1861 posts
297 upvotes
I just got 100/10 for $37.50 without wireless for next 12 month with discount credit.
Anyone able to get $50 bill credit
POCO F3 8GB 256GB. Rogers Unlimited talk & text $15. 3 x Telus unlimited 25.$35 each. 3 x tablet lines $0. 3 x 200mins CAN-US L&R $0. 3 x Unlimited CAN-Int'l Text $0. 3 x Visual Voicemail $0. 2 x Samsung Watch5 Pro $0 with $10/m watch plan
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2002
1941 posts
2817 upvotes
Mississauga
verybo wrote: So you guys are getting 100m for $35 or $37.5 without wireless?
correct.

$35 monthly credit. no contract.
Oct 20, 2012
403 posts
117 upvotes
dgr81 wrote: correct.

$35 monthly credit. no contract.
oh well, I only can get $40.
Oct 20, 2012
403 posts
117 upvotes
flyboy320 wrote: For me it was described as a discount/credit of $35/month off the regular price.
That is $80 - $35?
Those SPs are so confusion.
Deal Addict
Jun 13, 2008
1745 posts
806 upvotes
Up in the air
verybo wrote: That is $80 - $35?
Those SPs are so confusion.
I believe it is $70-$35=$35/month
Freedom Mobile $99/yr.
Fido 3GB data only plan
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
3467 posts
3978 upvotes
Canada
yyz64 wrote: They re providing you a credit/discount.That allows them to raise the price but still give you the credit/discount you were getting.It's pretty common .
That's crazy. Can one imagine a car company doing that: Get a Honda/Toyota for $199 per month which includes monthly discounts, on a 48 month lease. Two months later, they raise your price and charge you $279 per month (or biweekly, whatever) and they tell you not to worry because you're getting the same credits.

That's bizarre that they're allowed to get away with that - when it's a contract agreement. People should fight that with the CRTC to get some consumer protections. A contract should be a contract for both parties -- yes, I know, it's written into the fine print likely.
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2005
1135 posts
736 upvotes
Cambridge,Ontario
RxMills wrote: That's crazy. Can one imagine a car company doing that: Get a Honda/Toyota for $199 per month which includes monthly discounts, on a 48 month lease. Two months later, they raise your price and charge you $279 per month (or biweekly, whatever) and they tell you not to worry because you're getting the same credits.

That's bizarre that they're allowed to get away with that - when it's a contract agreement. People should fight that with the CRTC to get some consumer protections. A contract should be a contract for both parties -- yes, I know, it's written into the fine print likely.
Virgin has no contract, it's a month to month plan.You can walk away.
Apr 22, 2018
81 posts
61 upvotes
Toronto
Had a $50 Virgin GC from last year's promotion in 'waiting approval' limbo for three months. Called the 3rd party number on the verso, they instructed me to tell Virgin CS them old GCs are not in effect anymore.

Virgin CSR then credited my Virgin account with the fitty.
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2003
1892 posts
793 upvotes
Ottawa
Wondering if there will be similar Boxing Week promos where there's a GC incentive for sign up. I think last year Wireless Wave had the best offer (store/kiosk credit for accessories, $150 GC, and 50% off service). Definitely an extra hassle of canceling and hooking it back up though.
Jun 22, 2011
377 posts
69 upvotes
Toronto
Was on this plan this past yr ($35/month for 100), contacted them and the rep offered to extend my promos for another year. pretty hassle free. Good experience.
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2006
1861 posts
297 upvotes
nevetsgnow wrote: Was on this plan this past yr ($35/month for 100), contacted them and the rep offered to extend my promos for another year. pretty hassle free. Good experience.
Are you a mobile phone customer with them?
POCO F3 8GB 256GB. Rogers Unlimited talk & text $15. 3 x Telus unlimited 25.$35 each. 3 x tablet lines $0. 3 x 200mins CAN-US L&R $0. 3 x Unlimited CAN-Int'l Text $0. 3 x Visual Voicemail $0. 2 x Samsung Watch5 Pro $0 with $10/m watch plan
Jun 10, 2018
114 posts
82 upvotes
It certainly doesn't work for Quebec customers. I tried yesterday and the best they offered was 100 at $55 (which is already on their website).
Feb 16, 2009
953 posts
171 upvotes
RxMills wrote: That's crazy. Can one imagine a car company doing that: Get a Honda/Toyota for $199 per month which includes monthly discounts, on a 48 month lease. Two months later, they raise your price and charge you $279 per month (or biweekly, whatever) and they tell you not to worry because you're getting the same credits.

It's a clever way to market a discount price while leaving room for increases. Completely legal.

Remember the actual deal is on the monthly credit they give you (ie. $30 off the base price for 12-months). The deal is not on the final price you pay each month. In the agreement you sign, they guarantee the monthly credit for 12 months do not change, which is true. However, your final monthly price can increase if they increase the base price.

The promotion does not guarantee the base or final price although it certainly sounds like it if you don't pay close enough attention!

If you're talking to a sales rep they'll say "promotional price is guaranteed for 12 months" which makes you think the final price won't change but if you press them for clarification they'll then tell you the final price isn't really guaranteed, it's really just the monthly promotional credit that's guaranteed.
Dec 13, 2021
1 posts
1 upvote
I got my $35 credit extended for another year by calling in. I logged into my account to see if the credit had gone through, and they seem to have raised my base Internet price from $70/month to $72.50/month so now I'll be paying $37.50/month instead of $35/month. I am fine with this (like, it is $2.50, I will live) but of course the CSR never mentioned this on the phone haha ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Oct 20, 2019
202 posts
95 upvotes
moonparade wrote: I got my $35 credit extended for another year by calling in. I logged into my account to see if the credit had gone through, and they seem to have raised my base Internet price from $70/month to $72.50/month so now I'll be paying $37.50/month instead of $35/month. I am fine with this (like, it is $2.50, I will live) but of course the CSR never mentioned this on the phone haha ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Just called in and same thing happened to me
First she tried to sell me on $80-35 credit.
But in the end I got my original deal so I thought. $70-35
Logged into account and it's gone up $2.50 without mentioning it
100mbps for $37.50
I'll take it for another year
Saves me the hassle of switching to fido because they'd have to lay a new cable and install etc.
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2018
3057 posts
3443 upvotes
GTA
Also got the same 12 month extension at $37.50 a month for 100mbps. Seems to be Virgin's best offer for those renewing.