Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Virgin Mobile Black Friday

Virgin Mobile Home Internet 100Mbps for $35/m with mobile plan, $40 without mobile plan + $50 Visa GC - YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 5th, 2022 11:48 am
Dec 3, 2007
910 posts
766 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
I spoke to loyalty and they lowered my 55/mo down to 45 for 100 mbps
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
17024 posts
4813 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
codex wrote: More likely the promotion expired. In the same boat and deciding next steps.
Why were you waiting
Deal Addict
Jun 13, 2008
1745 posts
806 upvotes
Up in the air
enemyboss wrote: I called in today and retentions wouldn't extend my 100/10 for $37.50. So I decided to go a head with the cancellation. I guess others were just lucky.
That's what happened to me last year, they wouldn't extend, so I canceled. I then called back the next day and asked what promos they had for new customers and they gave me $35 off for 1 year, so I signed up. Someone called back about a week before the "install" was supposed to happen, and said they would just roll the new promo over to my existing account and not send anyone over to my house for the installation, so it may be worth your while to give that a shot.
Freedom Mobile $99/yr.
Fido 3GB data only plan
May 5, 2016
503 posts
642 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
flyboy320 wrote: That's what happened to me last year, they wouldn't extend, so I canceled. I then called back the next day and asked what promos they had for new customers and they gave me $35 off for 1 year, so I signed up. Someone called back about a week before the "install" was supposed to happen, and said they would just roll the new promo over to my existing account and not send anyone over to my house for the installation, so it may be worth your while to give that a shot.
thank you for your testimonial! i just got the Virgin 50/10 for $35 for 12 months not too long ago. sounds like i'll need to do something like this in a years' time!
Let's get rich together on RFD. Stay positive, stay frugal. 😃
Jan 18, 2015
29 posts
37 upvotes
Toronto, ON
enemyboss wrote: I called in today and retentions wouldn't extend my 100/10 for $37.50. So I decided to go a head with the cancellation. I guess others were just lucky.
Why don't you call once more time? You may talk to different agents cuz the deal will expire today.
Oct 1, 2009
143 posts
153 upvotes
Toronto
Maxkuku wrote: Why don't you call once more time? You may talk to different agents cuz the deal will expire today.
I got an email saying they have a special offer for me and to call back. But when I called back their lines already closed. Oh well.
Jun 18, 2013
721 posts
830 upvotes
Toronto
Received my Valerie modem today for the 100bmps plan, I had a fiber cable from bell FTTH that got installed a few years ago when I had service with bell.
Error code 1000 and I am not happy about that, tech support said will send technician to come after doing troubleshooting with me for 20mins.

I don’t see red light coming from the incoming fiber socket so I guess the signal was not turned on outside. Will have to wait for the technician to come tmr.
Sep 27, 2004
897 posts
214 upvotes
flyboy320 wrote: That's what happened to me last year, they wouldn't extend, so I canceled. I then called back the next day and asked what promos they had for new customers and they gave me $35 off for 1 year, so I signed up. Someone called back about a week before the "install" was supposed to happen, and said they would just roll the new promo over to my existing account and not send anyone over to my house for the installation, so it may be worth your while to give that a shot.
This is how I got my promotion extended last year.

When they wouldn't offer me the promotion last week I did the same, placed an order for a new install at same address at the promotional rate. Neither this year or last did I actually request to cancel the existing service.

Received calls yesterday which I didn't answer. Today they called again offering the promo on my existing account, which I accepted. They applied the promo right away and cancelled the new install request. Good outcome despite the hoops to jump through.
Jun 18, 2013
721 posts
830 upvotes
Toronto
technian came today and fixed the issue.
speed is insame, I signed up for 100/10 and got 140/50, lol

Screenshot 2022-01-06 17.06.18.png
Oct 1, 2009
143 posts
153 upvotes
Toronto
I called virgin plus back today, this time they offered me the 100/10 for $40/m + $50GC. I called once before, but the best I was offered was $60/m for $12 months.
Sep 27, 2004
897 posts
214 upvotes
enemyboss wrote: I called virgin plus back today, this time they offered me the 100/10 for $40/m + $50GC. I called once before, but the best I was offered was $60/m for $12 months.
Nice; I should've asked for a $50 GC but didn't bother as it wasn't the offer on the website. They probably would've given it to me. Oh well.
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
17024 posts
4813 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
DealCanuck wrote: Can they do FTTH?
If you are hooked up with FTTH at home, this would be the only way. It's essentially Bell FTTH.
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
17024 posts
4813 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
codex wrote: Nice; I should've asked for a $50 GC but didn't bother as it wasn't the offer on the website. They probably would've given it to me. Oh well.
Actually, the offer is listed on their portal, for rentention (when you do get that email). It's more of a retention value / LTV model at play.
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
17024 posts
4813 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
FatSheep wrote: technian came today and fixed the issue.
speed is insame, I signed up for 100/10 and got 140/50, lol

Screenshot 2022-01-06 17.06.18.png
Yess!!!

Please keep us on posted if it goes down or so, when network profiles get refreshed.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2014
7518 posts
3693 upvotes
Canuckland
weedb0y wrote: If you are hooked up with FTTH at home, this would be the only way. It's essentially Bell FTTH.
I thought they'd pull VDSL, is this the same Bhell HH4000 modem?
Jun 18, 2013
721 posts
830 upvotes
Toronto
weedb0y wrote: Yess!!!

Please keep us on posted if it goes down or so, when network profiles get refreshed.
When I speed test on my home hub 3000(Valerie), I got 950/150, which is insane. I think the profile on my modem is not correct :)
I ditched the home hub 3000 and used a fiber to Ethernet adapter to let my router do PPPoE directly.
The speed is as shown 500/120.

Rogers ambassador team just called 2 hours after I put in cancellations request, well too late, bye bye rogers
Images
  • 7FA9D381-0606-406E-9323-7CC4AF376F13.png
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
17024 posts
4813 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
FatSheep wrote: When I speed test on my home hub 3000(Valerie), I got 950/150, which is insane. I think the profile on my modem is not correct :)
I ditched the home hub 3000 and used a fiber to Ethernet adapter to let my router do PPPoE directly.
The speed is as shown 500/120.

Rogers ambassador team just called 2 hours after I put in cancellations request, well too late, bye bye rogers
This is amazing. I think they messed up and just provisioned you on the Bell profile vs Virgin profile. Or perhaps it was needed due to some network error (although fibre is fibre, it either works or not).
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
17024 posts
4813 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
DealCanuck wrote: I thought they'd pull VDSL, is this the same Bhell HH4000 modem?
Why would they do that when newer installs are only FTTH. :)

Modems are exact same. I think default is HH3000 as they aren’t doing 1GB installs.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2014
7518 posts
3693 upvotes
Canuckland
weedb0y wrote: Why would they do that when newer installs are only FTTH. :)

Modems are exact same. I think default is HH3000 as they aren’t doing 1GB installs.
Because I got it and they’re Bhell but if people are getting FTTH then sure be a good bet it’s FTTH

Kinda sucks we’d need a SFP for it