Expired Hot Deals

[Virgin Mobile] Virgin Mobile home internet 50mbps plan (unlimited usage) 30 CAD

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 21st, 2019 12:05 am
[OP]
Jun 19, 2019
4 posts
6 upvotes

[Virgin Mobile] Virgin Mobile home internet 50mbps plan (unlimited usage) 30 CAD

Noted this on Virginmobile webpage. Not sure if it has been posted before:

GET A $30 CREDIT FOR 12 MO. ON UNLIMITED INTERNET NOW: $30/MO
Discount eligible on 50mbps plan. Current price: $60/mo. Prices may increase during subscription. Offer ends June 27.

Seems like a pretty good deal for home internet; I used this to negotiate my Fido home internet plan ($32 CAD) that was supposed to increase to $64 CAD next month. They accepted to keep it at $32 (36 tax in) for an additional year.

My Fido plan: 75gbs unlimited
Images
  • 2019_06_20_09_58_06_Hassle_free_Home_Internet_Virgin_Mobile_Canada.png
Last edited by TomRFD on Jun 20th, 2019 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added retailer
18 replies
Feb 7, 2012
663 posts
1386 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP! i was on this plan last year and it expired, i was only able to get a $20 discount back April.
I will call back and try to switch to this promotion ... will update after i try!

[edit]
@HyperTech you're right... chat couldn't do anything since it was for new customers she said to call in. i dont have time today, i'll try calling in tomorrow
Last edited by frugette on Jun 20th, 2019 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Apr 8, 2018
5 posts
I am on this plan until next month. Tried to extend it but they only offered $10 off. Fido is offering 75 mbps for $32.50 so I am switching to that now.
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2007
3814 posts
1473 upvotes
Quebec
frugette wrote: Thanks OP! i was on this plan last year and it expired, i was only able to get a $20 discount back April.
I will call back and try to switch to this promotion ... will update after i try!
Good luck, usually these promo are only for "new customers"
May 20, 2019
2 posts
I am using this plan and speed seems pretty good. They uses BELL connection.
[OP]
Jun 19, 2019
4 posts
6 upvotes
I received an email from Fido honoring 20$ discount for the 2nd year but did not seem good enough :)
Sep 12, 2018
117 posts
55 upvotes
Montreal
Anyone is able to get this discount in Quebec?
Last edited by IshfaqueR4678 on Jun 20th, 2019 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 22, 2004
295 posts
29 upvotes
Vancouver
I just tried two addresses in BC and they have no service. Is this Ontario only?
Sep 24, 2004
644 posts
264 upvotes
Scarborough
frugette wrote: Thanks OP! i was on this plan last year and it expired, i was only able to get a $20 discount back April.

[edit]
@HyperTech you're right... chat couldn't do anything since it was for new customers she said to call in. i dont have time today, i'll try calling in tomorrow
For whatever it's worth...my experience
I am a 1st time Virgin customer since Mar 2019. At that time they were offering a discount of $20. I called last week and they spoke to loyalty and offered to give me the $30 discount. Although they said it may take a month or two to do the switch. I got an email the same night about the changes to my plan. I was really patient and polite on the phone and I guess it worked.
Dec 24, 2017
507 posts
351 upvotes
London
If you're looking for a plan for cheap and willing to do a 12mo discount deal, Rogers has offered me $39.99/mo for 300U plan or $49.99 for 500U (which I'm on now). Deal isn't too hot if faster speeds are available in your area, IMO.
Apr 5, 2010
389 posts
112 upvotes
Mississauga
For those trying to jump on the plan. I have had this for 6 months or more. I switched from bell on 25mbps to 50 with virgin.

First of all the cost no doubt is lower and plus you get perks. However, during certain times, it takes up to a minute for websites to open. It gets painfully slow. I log in to the router to do a speed test which behold shows 50mbps performance. I usually switch to my cell data plan during such times for browsing which is blazing fast in comparison.
May 23, 2011
746 posts
206 upvotes
dealixious wrote: For those trying to jump on the plan. I have had this for 6 months or more. I switched from bell on 25mbps to 50 with virgin.

First of all the cost no doubt is lower and plus you get perks. However, during certain times, it takes up to a minute for websites to open. It gets painfully slow. I log in to the router to do a speed test which behold shows 50mbps performance. I usually switch to my cell data plan during such times for browsing which is blazing fast in comparison.
Plug a laptop or computer in with a wired connection and run a speed test at http://speedtest.net

It's more than likely an issue with your home network.