Hot Deals

Virgin Mobile

Virgin Mobile Winback $45/25GB + $400 device credit (Ontario) YMMV

  • Last Updated:
  • May 30th, 2023 10:48 pm
[OP]
Jr. Member
Nov 10, 2019
171 posts
266 upvotes

[Virgin Mobile] Virgin Mobile Winback $45/25GB + $400 device credit (Ontario) YMMV

Updating the thread based on latest comments-

The current winback offer is
*$55 - ($10) = $45 for 20GB + $400 phone credit.
*$45/$40 for 25GB BYOD (no phone credits) [YMMV]

A lot of people were able to do this without actually porting out, by just setting up a cancellation for a future date. They call you back typically in 1 to 2 days. When they call, what provider are you moving to and what's the offer. To get device credit, think about the phone and the provider plan being offered (search the forum for the current updates)

Some people said that agents are surprised with the incoming call volume for winback, so if you can wait, refrain from calling, they usually call back within 1 to 2 days.

With Black Friday offers from different retailers, you can combine the $400 benefit with Gift Cards being offered.
E.g.
iPhone 13 128GB is currently $30/month with 250 bonus gift card (and $50 back pocket offer if you are lucky).
When you sign up for this at any retailer, you basically get a the bonus gift card and apply the $400 credit against your monthly phone payment. If my math is right, it should be $13.33/month for an iPhone 13 after the $400 credits.
When you speak to the win-back rep, just tell them that you would like to go into the store and order after having a look a the phones. You can then go to any retailer (WOW, Costco, Bestbuy, TMS, Walmart, etc.) to get the phone with additional bonus gift cards. These credits are put on your account and are typically valid for 14 to 30 days (different info received from different people).

Note 1: The $10 discount applied may not be visible to the 3rd aprty kiosk rep (Costco, BestBuy, Walmart, etc.) and they might suggest you switch plans. The reps will not be aware of this and you will not see it on the agreement. Do not do that, just tell them you want to keep your plan. The $10 discount is valid for 24 months and will show up on your bill.

Note 2: Bonus Gift cards are not available at the company's official store, so the Virgin store will not be able to give you a bonus gift card.

Note 3: $400 device credit does not apply to plan. So for any phones that do not cost $400 in 24 months, it would go to waste.

Note 4: You have to be with Virgin for 90 days for this to work. If you were, and ported out to another carrier within the last 6 months, should work as well.

Note 5: ***ONLY CALL THESE WINBACK NUMBERS IF CANCELLED OR PUT CANCELLATION ON YOUR ACCOUNT****
Virgin Mobile win-back deal -
1- 8667569519
1-877-239-3158
1- 8669239072

In Ontario, I ported from Virgin over to Freedom on Friday and got a winback call today. Was offered the following
-$45 Monthly
-25GB LTE Data
-Unlimited Call/text
-1000 LD minutes
-$400 Device credit
[Update] - Was also offered $40 credit to cover activation with Freedom and $45 credit for device upgrade fee that would be charged.

I was with Virgin for over 13 months before porting out. Was on a $40 - 6GB (unlimited minutes and 1000LD minutes) loyalty plan with $10 credit that expired last month which forced me to make this change. THe loyalty was not offering me anything better - ($50-8GB) before porting out.

Additional Info: The rep talked about 3 plans that are available under the winback. The other two were a $10 - 1GB plan and a $35 - 2GB plan (couldn't capture what he said exactly but I can confirm when he calls back confirmed)




Edit: Update thread from latest posts
Last edited by creativerbl on Nov 19th, 2022 8:22 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Carpe Diem!
Thread Summary
Winback only applies if you’ve been with virgin for 90d.
Current offer - $55 - ($10) = $45 for 20GB + $400 phone credit.
Combine this with retailer offers to get Bonus Gift cards.

Read the thread for more details.

Update May 25th, 2023

Winback plans available.

BYOD
$150/15GB with 80% discount =$30/15GB
$50/1GB with 80% discount =$10/1GB


Starter paln - $35 3G plan is eligible for winback
2680 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2007
1243 posts
298 upvotes
I would get the iPhone 12 128GB probably the most popular model this year so easiest to sell. As long as you didn’t take a device with Freedom, they should only charge you the pro rated amount.

What province are you in?
[OP]
Jr. Member
Nov 10, 2019
171 posts
266 upvotes
kuzi wrote: I would get the iPhone 12 128GB probably the most popular model this year so easiest to sell. As long as you didn’t take a device with Freedom, they should only charge you the pro rated amount.

What province are you in?
That is what made sense to me as well. I am in Ontario. Do you think there is a colour that sells more easily than others (I personally like the blue one Smiling Face With Open Mouth)?
Carpe Diem!
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2007
1243 posts
298 upvotes
creativerbl wrote: That is what made sense to me as well. I am in Ontario. Do you think there is a colour that sells more easily than others (I personally like the blue one Smiling Face With Open Mouth)?

Blue is nice but black might sell easier

Do you have to use the $400 right away?
[OP]
Jr. Member
Nov 10, 2019
171 posts
266 upvotes
kuzi wrote: Blue is nice but black might sell easier

Do you have to use the $400 right away?
I asked the rep if I have to use the $400 right away and he said the phone has to be ordered with the plan activation right now. I can try asking and pushing for it when he calls back
Carpe Diem!
Newbie
Oct 31, 2020
1 posts
19 upvotes
If you’re thinking of reselling it immediately, I think to get your full $400 back you’re better off getting a different option. Apple products have amazing value retention but if you’re buying a locked $1200 phone just to sell it at $1200 I don’t think you’ll be getting anywhere close to that, especially when they can buy it from apple unlocked.

You are best off getting something closer to the $400 price point that has released very recently such that the value is retained. I think google just released a new budget phone if I’m not mistaken, and those arguably have a better resale value opposed to other competitors aside from Apple. That way you don’t risk losing any of your own money on selling back a free device and you have a higher potential of getting back the full $400.
[OP]
Jr. Member
Nov 10, 2019
171 posts
266 upvotes
canvas100 wrote: If you’re thinking of reselling it immediately, I think to get your full $400 back you’re better off getting a different option. Apple products have amazing value retention but if you’re buying a locked $1200 phone just to sell it at $1200 I don’t think you’ll be getting anywhere close to that, especially when they can buy it from apple unlocked.

You are best off getting something closer to the $400 price point that has released very recently such that the value is retained. I think google just released a new budget phone if I’m not mistaken, and those arguably have a better resale value opposed to other competitors aside from Apple. That way you don’t risk losing any of your own money on selling back a free device and you have a higher potential of getting back the full $400.
Why would you say it is a locked phone? As far as I know, phones that you get here in Canada are all carrier unlocked.

Ref: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cell_Phone_Freedom_Act
Carpe Diem!
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
1436 posts
1262 upvotes
Toronto
I ported from virgin to fido in September....no calls yet! Thats an absolutely amazing offer! $45 for 25 GB might be the best plan (lowest price with most amount of data on a proper non-aws network)!!!
Last edited by pererac on Nov 2nd, 2020 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Golden Rule: those who have the gold, make the rules
Deal Addict
May 7, 2006
1842 posts
2139 upvotes
Locked phones died in 2017 in Canada
canvas100 wrote: If you’re thinking of reselling it immediately, I think to get your full $400 back you’re better off getting a different option. Apple products have amazing value retention but if you’re buying a locked $1200 phone just to sell it at $1200 I don’t think you’ll be getting anywhere close to that, especially when they can buy it from apple unlocked.

You are best off getting something closer to the $400 price point that has released very recently such that the value is retained. I think google just released a new budget phone if I’m not mistaken, and those arguably have a better resale value opposed to other competitors aside from Apple. That way you don’t risk losing any of your own money on selling back a free device and you have a higher potential of getting back the full $400.
[OP]
Jr. Member
Nov 10, 2019
171 posts
266 upvotes
pererac wrote: I ported from virgin to fido in September....no calls yet! Thats an absolutely amazing offer! $45 for 25 GB might be the best plan (lowest price with most about of data on a proper non-aws network)!!!
Same thoughts. I do not need this much data but thought this would help in the longer run. It is an absolute beast of an offer. Last year when we first got the plan, it was $55 for 4GB.
Carpe Diem!
[OP]
Jr. Member
Nov 10, 2019
171 posts
266 upvotes
Also, it might have to do something with targeted Freedom offers since I was in Costco yesterday and asked them for offers, and they offer $39 - 9 GB plan for both Freedom to Fido or Virgin. Saw this old post when Bell offered something similar in August. bell-hot-45-25gb-can-wide-call-text-pla ... s-2399196/
Carpe Diem!
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
1436 posts
1262 upvotes
Toronto
creativerbl wrote: Same thoughts. I do not need this much data but thought this would help in the longer run. It is an absolute beast of an offer. Last year when we first got the plan, it was $55 for 4GB.
$60 for 6 gb with caller ID and VM was the og best plan.

Then, $60 for 10 GB

Then this Summer's $55 for 13 GB

EPP from Bell/Rogers/telus is next up with $50 for 20 GB......but need a hook up and not for self employed.

Now this! A beast for sure! And I'd like to add that the member benefits from virgin are superior to fido xtra crap - and the signal with virgin/bell - is it far superior to fido....in Mississauga/Toronto.

Customer service? You can squeeze fido! With virgin/bell, only if you're able to get direct local numbers of Canadian based service reps.

I'm jealous I haven't received this offer yet.
The Golden Rule: those who have the gold, make the rules
Newbie
Dec 28, 2019
74 posts
391 upvotes
Hmmm, OP do you have the winback number?

I'm with virgin right now, so wondering if I should switch over to freedom then port back to virgin?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 10, 2012
2757 posts
564 upvotes
Ottawa
I switched from Virgin to Rogers for the $50/20GB EPP plan on Friday. Got called from Virgin winback today and they could only offer $75/20GB with $400 device credit.
[OP]
Jr. Member
Nov 10, 2019
171 posts
266 upvotes
XavierS31426 wrote: Hmmm, OP do you have the winback number?

I'm with virgin right now, so wondering if I should switch over to freedom then port back to virgin?
They sent me an email to callback on +18772393158. Try switching over to Freedom on BYOP and wait for it. Black friday is around the corner so
Carpe Diem!
Newbie
Oct 20, 2020
16 posts
32 upvotes
Toronto
Did anyone who is already with Virgin tried asking for this promo?
[OP]
Jr. Member
Nov 10, 2019
171 posts
266 upvotes
leadeal5 wrote: Did anyone who is already with Virgin tried asking for this promo?
While I was with Virgin and looking to port out, I had 2 conversations with them and the best they could offer was $50-8GB
Carpe Diem!
Newbie
Aug 27, 2019
50 posts
62 upvotes
Does the $10 - 1gb plan Include unlimited talk and text?
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2019
1156 posts
2074 upvotes
YXE, Sask.
I wonder if I could get this plan when transferring from Lucky Mobile. Going to chat with them.
Koodo $30 75 GB
Samsung Galaxy A53 / Galaxy Watch 5 owner.

Top

Thread Information

There are currently 4 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 2 guests)

lilguy, deity_of_death