Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Virgin Mobile

Virgin Mobile Winback $45/25GB + $400 device credit (Ontario) YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 27th, 2024 11:19 am
Feb 26, 2022
40 posts
102 upvotes
Thanks all for the information, I was able to do schedule cancellation and switch to the 45$/25GB plan under few hours.

1. call in to make a schedule to cancel the line
2. called winback team number from the post and switched to 45$/25GB
3. the plan retained the discount I was on before (-15$ per month) making the plan 30$/25GB (YMMV)
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2014
6089 posts
4352 upvotes
talvinder85 wrote: I always had Fido and recently moved to virgin and had to travel US for a day. In Fido they charge around 10$ for US roaming if u use it but I got charged over 100$ for using around 200mb data across border . But it’s all my mistake but Fido was more reasonable than virgin
You need to enable Roam Sweet Roam.
Mar 9, 2016
253 posts
122 upvotes
Is anyone up-to-date with the current phone deals being offered? I was told I have to use the $400 within 15-20 days or it will disappear from my account
Aug 22, 2018
386 posts
153 upvotes
Mississauga
Guest8372412 wrote: Is anyone up-to-date with the current phone deals being offered? I was told I have to use the $400 within 15-20 days or it will disappear from my account
I was told I need to use it in 30 days
Nov 17, 2015
236 posts
104 upvotes
Toronto, ON
zxc20033 wrote: Thanks all for the information, I was able to do schedule cancellation and switch to the 45$/25GB plan under few hours.

3. the plan retained the discount I was on before (-15$ per month) making the plan 30$/25GB (YMMV)
Were you with Virgin for more than 90 days?
Nov 16, 2019
28 posts
10 upvotes
zxc20033 wrote: Thanks all for the information, I was able to do schedule cancellation and switch to the 45$/25GB plan under few hours.

Were you able to get the 400$ device credit without actually canceling?
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2013
2924 posts
1908 upvotes
Moon
Has anyone got the call with $30/4GB migration plan? I have been with Virgin with some time now but not sure I want to do it if the plan is not eligible. thanks.
Koodo, Public Mobile, Lucky Mobile Customer
Feb 26, 2022
40 posts
102 upvotes
KelZ99204 wrote: Were you able to get the 400$ device credit without actually canceling?
Nope they said it would be only available if you select the 55$ plan
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2012
3497 posts
2144 upvotes
Etobicoke
kangarooz wrote: Has anyone got the call with $30/4GB migration plan? I have been with Virgin with some time now but not sure I want to do it if the plan is not eligible. thanks.
From what I Remeber, that plan was available for lucky to virgin Plus migration.

If you are already with Virgin plus then I guess only. Winback option is available which is either $10/1GB or $45/25Gb.
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2013
2924 posts
1908 upvotes
Moon
specialoffers wrote: From what I Remeber, that plan was available for lucky to virgin Plus migration.

If you are already with Virgin plus then I guess only. Winback option is available which is either $10/1GB or $45/25Gb.
Sorry what i mean is, i am currently on that plan, will i get the $45/25gb offer? Also would we be able to get an extra $10/1GB plan?
Koodo, Public Mobile, Lucky Mobile Customer
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2012
3497 posts
2144 upvotes
Etobicoke
kangarooz wrote: Sorry what i mean is, i am currently on that plan, will i get the $45/25gb offer? Also would we be able to get an extra $10/1GB plan?
Ohh sorry.

Try to cancel with future date or port out to Freedom and you should get winback offer.

As other mentioned, you may have to call multiple times to get a right person to offer this plan.

You can only get this plan for your current line. If you need a winback plan for additional line then you have to get a new line with current in market plan, keep it active for 90 days and then do the same trick.
Dec 13, 2020
809 posts
1958 upvotes
Markham, ON
specialoffers wrote: You can only get this plan for your current line. If you need a winback plan for additional line then you have to get a new line with current in market plan, keep it active for 90 days and then do the same trick.
I'm a bit confused by this. I have two lines on my Virgin account. If I port out both lines to Freedom, will I not be able to avail the $45 plan + $400 device credit per line ?
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2012
3497 posts
2144 upvotes
Etobicoke
pkamto wrote: I'm a bit confused by this. I have two lines on my Virgin account. If I port out both lines to Freedom, will I not be able to avail the $45 plan + $400 device credit per line ?
If you have two lines with Virgin plus for more than 90 days then both lines are eligible.

I think other user was asking if he can get additional line.

I may have mis read that.
Dec 13, 2020
809 posts
1958 upvotes
Markham, ON
specialoffers wrote: If you have two lines with Virgin plus for more than 90 days then both lines are eligible.

I think other user was asking if he can get additional line.

I may have mis read that.
Ok fantastic, thank you! We've both been with Virgin for a year, so hoping we can both avail this winback offer
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2012
3497 posts
2144 upvotes
Etobicoke
pkamto wrote: Ok fantastic, thank you! We've both been with Virgin for a year, so hoping we can both avail this winback offer
Good luck 👍🏾

And keep trying till you find the right agent as other mentioned in the thread, not all winback agents are offering this deal

And best option is to port out to Freedom.
Jun 4, 2019
130 posts
126 upvotes
specialoffers wrote: 1. Is that plan still available?
It was working couple of months ago. Its hard to tell if its working. You can give it a try calling Winback number and ask them you ported your number to Freedom and what offer they have. I doubt they would share without actually giving your number.

2. Is it possible to add the 1000 mins add-on with that plan?
i have two lines on $10/1Gb and both have 1000 mins add-on. So, its possible as long as Virgin plus is still offering this.

3. Can someone walk me through the process of porting to freedom? Like how long it takes to port to freedom? Initial charges? How long till the new sim arrives? When should I call the winback team?
If you are in Ontario, then go to Walmart or any place you can get freedom line.

you got two option Postpaid(Soft credit check, If there is no activation charge then it will cost you $1-$2 depends on how long you keep plan active). 2nd option is Prepaid plan - get cheapest one - May cost $15-20 depends on the plan they have available.

once port is complete and your number is with Freedom, Call Virgin plus winback number or wait for them to call you back. If Agent doesnt give you the plan you are looking for then please call again till you get the right agent.

while accepting the offer, tell them about activation charge and most of the time they give you up to $50 Credit to cover the cost you pay to Freedom when you ported your number.
Hello, Just a few questions for you. sorry if it was covered previously.
I saw that people were saying to schedule a cancellation with virgin and the win-back team will call you.. How accurate is that? From most posts i have seen, usually people just port over.

After i port out to freedom, I saw that people say to call 18667569519. Is it faster for me to call them or should i wait.

Have you heard of anyone not being able to get this deal? Would suck to get stuck with Freedom.
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2012
3497 posts
2144 upvotes
Etobicoke
Malicium wrote: Hello, Just a few questions for you. sorry if it was covered previously.
I saw that people were saying to schedule a cancellation with virgin and the win-back team will call you.. How accurate is that? From most posts i have seen, usually people just port over.

After i port out to freedom, I saw that people say to call 18667569519. Is it faster for me to call them or should i wait.

Have you heard of anyone not being able to get this deal? Would suck to get stuck with Freedom.
Schedule a cancellation is the safest option. But I haven't tried it myself. So, cannot comment much on it. It also depends on how angent has done it.

There is always a risk porting out. But it depends on your current situation. Most carriers have good plans during back to school, black Friday or boxing day.

So, if You don't get winback plan, you can always move to different carrier when there is a good in market deal.

I haven't heard anyone didn't get the winback plan.

What I have seen is not every agents are offering this plan and you may have to call few times to get the right agent. If someone doesn't offer the plan then simply say thank you and disconnect.

Calling them would give you the flexibility to talk to them at your convenience. Just tell them I received a text or email or just say I moved to freedom but wanted to see if you guys have any good deal.

Hope I answered all your questions.

Good luck 👍🏾
Dec 10, 2012
602 posts
280 upvotes
GTA
I was calling in and chatting with an agent who could only offerred the 45 plan without the credits and i think the outbound team tried to call during my call but I didn't pick up the outbound call. Do they call again or I missed my chance with the outbound agent to possibly get the credit as well.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)