Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Virgin Mobile

[YMMV] [ON] [QC] 8GB @ $45/mo BYOD plan with Virgin home internet

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 29th, 2020 12:30 pm
Nov 17, 2019
36 posts
27 upvotes
I was with virgin for 8GB ($55) , called them if I can get 5 6 GB for $45 - they said no .
Disconnected and ported to Fido

2 months later - ( yesterday ) got an email - they want me back for $45 - GB.

I don’t have Virgin Home Internet.

So you gotta disconnect and porting every year to get some better price. That’s what I do - keep juggling between - Fido, Koodo and Virgin . Lol . Freedom is good but network sucks .
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2006
1951 posts
388 upvotes
got the email for this offer, wondering how you guys sign up? on-line or call in? Thx
5 lines Telus Unlimited 75 CAN-US $30/line, 3 x tablet lines $0. 4 x Visual Voicemail $0. 2 x Samsung Watch5 Pro $0 with $10/m watch plan
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
15560 posts
14184 upvotes
Going to the Moon
i too got the port-out offer. currently on fido $56/tab small 8 or 10GB can't remember. got a sammy a70 on subsidy so won't be jumping on this deal. i miss the churning days. would need a virgin silver tier offer like this for me to switch. was with virgin when we could stack 10%+$10 off :lol:
Premium Life: CDC [Icey Private Status]/SwissBorg Genesis/InLock/Netflix UHD [100% off]/Amazon [Prime 100% off]/Instacart [Express]
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2007
4391 posts
1505 upvotes
QC
Can anyone confirm that you can use someone else code?
Mar 6, 2018
217 posts
152 upvotes
Called Koodo few days ago about this offer, they said they might have a similar plan to offer and call them back next week, I’m definitely switching to Virgin if Koodo cant offer anything.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2015
4501 posts
2892 upvotes
Toronto, ON
robelus wrote: Called Koodo few days ago about this offer, they said they might have a similar plan to offer and call them back next week, I’m definitely switching to Virgin if Koodo cant offer anything.
Koodo offered same plan as winback offer.
If you like the post or the comment, then don't forget to SMASH that LIKE BUTTON!
Nov 17, 2019
36 posts
27 upvotes
I live in Stoney creek and work in downtown Hamilton. I was with Virgin for 1 year , and their signal sucks, never have I gotten full4 bars in house or at work. Only time I got full signal was on highway or on my way to work. Fido in other hand has a really good reception, 3 to 4 bars all the time. Talk about customer service - Virgin has a very good customer service. Best customer service so far is Koodo - no one can beat them. They don’t have a mobile app - so I switched.
Nov 17, 2019
36 posts
27 upvotes
Never leave Koodo if you are getting 6GB for $40. Koodo has the best network and customer service . I hated myself for leaving my $40 /6GB back in 2017. Everyone jack up prices but Koodo.
Trust me Koodo is they best . I have been with Koodo, fido, Virgin, Telus, Rogers. I am trying to find Koodo like service but can’t get it. Switched 4 times in 2 years
Oct 8, 2013
99 posts
118 upvotes
Toronto, ON
It may possible to get this plan without having their internet, as I have that plan, and no Internet service with them.
umopapisdnwei wrote: You need to be an existing Virgin home internet customer to get the $45 price on the mobile plan.
Feb 8, 2020
541 posts
309 upvotes
Jimboski wrote: Be careful with Virgin and data overage fees, I think I read somewhere its $150/gb..
I know Koodo and Fido pause data once all your plan data is used up. So Virgin Mobile still doesn't offer this?
Aug 16, 2014
50 posts
47 upvotes
Toronto, ON
lamboman wrote: Koodo offered same plan as winback offer.
Do you have the koodo details to call? trying to get in touch with them for this offer - but the phone lines are shut down.
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2006
1951 posts
388 upvotes
can anyone tell me that if i have a new prepay sim card. can i use it activate monthly plan ?
5 lines Telus Unlimited 75 CAN-US $30/line, 3 x tablet lines $0. 4 x Visual Voicemail $0. 2 x Samsung Watch5 Pro $0 with $10/m watch plan
Oct 31, 2009
50 posts
77 upvotes
Toronto
BigDog6Three wrote: Never leave Koodo if you are getting 6GB for $40. Koodo has the best network and customer service . I hated myself for leaving my $40 /6GB back in 2017. Everyone jack up prices but Koodo.
Trust me Koodo is they best . I have been with Koodo, fido, Virgin, Telus, Rogers. I am trying to find Koodo like service but can’t get it. Switched 4 times in 2 years
No, Koodo's service have been getting worse and worse over the last few years. It's now impossible to get a hold of them, I've scheduled a call back and after 2 hours, nothing, scheduled it again and still nothing. I've spent 4 hours trying to reach them. The self serve is also broken and I can't adjust my plans at all. At least you can reach virgin mobile's support over the phone.
Jan 19, 2017
95 posts
54 upvotes
Does this include canada wide calling? Details are not available.
Nov 30, 2005
263 posts
374 upvotes
jaguar20100 wrote: Does this include canada wide calling? Details are not available.
Canada wide calling is included. Full plan details below.

They also added 1000 International LD minutes for free when I switched over the other day.
Images
  • EB3932C0-CE51-4138-B659-85A6E8B15D8E.jpeg
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2007
4391 posts
1505 upvotes
QC
sweetsimplistic wrote: It may possible to get this plan without having their internet, as I have that plan, and no Internet service with them.
You just joined them?
Aug 31, 2009
819 posts
582 upvotes
Toronto
i gave rogers a call to see if they will match it, they said no LOL
Oct 18, 2019
274 posts
162 upvotes
GTA West
I just got this deal from Virgin to but I have to use the number I ported over when I left Virgin. I can't get a new number. And, Fido just offer me 7gb for $40 but I don't find Fido reception all that good