Expired Hot Deals

[Virgin Mobile] YMMV - Virgin Mobile 9GB for $55/month

  • Last Updated:
  • Feb 28th, 2020 11:31 am
[OP]
Newbie
User avatar
Oct 8, 2013
83 posts
73 upvotes
Toronto, ON

[Virgin Mobile] YMMV - Virgin Mobile 9GB for $55/month

Warm deal? I currently have the $40 6GB data plan from Virgin Mobile. I got an offer text from VM asking me if I wanted to add an additional 3GB for $15 bring my monthly plan to $55 for 9 GB of data. Did anyone else get this?
Last edited by sweetsimplistic on Feb 26th, 2020 1:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
26 replies
Newbie
Nov 22, 2019
31 posts
128 upvotes
I got an offer from them via text earlier for extra 2GB for $10 more a month. I won't be accepting since I barely go over 1GB of data per month
Deal Addict
May 24, 2011
1600 posts
450 upvotes
Canada
got a screenshot?
==
Telus iPhone 11 Pro
Member
Nov 3, 2018
266 posts
108 upvotes
sweetsimplistic wrote: Warm deal? I currently have the $40 6GB data plan from Virgin Mobile. I got an offer text from VM asking me if I wanted to add an additional 3GB for $15 bring my monthly plan to $55 for 9 GB of data. Did anyone else get this?
There was a plan in Ontario called BYOP 56 - $56 for 10gb in the early 2019.
Jr. Member
Jun 16, 2019
137 posts
284 upvotes
I'm currently on $55 for 6GB with $10 discount for 1yr so $45 for 6GB. I'm in BC. Got this exact offer as well bringing it up to $60 for 9GB. Im not gunna bite
Jr. Member
Dec 28, 2016
144 posts
70 upvotes
Grau18 wrote: There was a plan in Ontario called BYOP 56 - $56 for 10gb in the early 2019.
I have this plan. I heard this plan was a glitch and was accidentally given to Ontario customers but was actually meant for Ottawa customers. I was told this by an employee at a Virgin Mobile store.
Member
Nov 3, 2018
266 posts
108 upvotes
Mareenandy12 wrote: I have this plan. I heard this plan was a glitch and was accidentally given to Ontario customers but was actually meant for Ottawa customers. I was told this by an employee at a Virgin Mobile store.
Shit, because I have ended switching to the 2 year contract with the phone. Maybe should have kept it. Anyway, they could have made it $5-10 more expensive anytime.
Newbie
Nov 9, 2014
84 posts
152 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Grau18 wrote: Shit, because I have ended switching to the 2 year contract with the phone. Maybe should have kept it. Anyway, they could have made it $5-10 more expensive anytime.
They're increasing the price by 5 dollars
Newbie
Jan 6, 2010
5 posts
1 upvote
Kingsville
sweetsimplistic wrote: Warm deal? I currently have the $40 6GB data plan from Virgin Mobile. I got an offer text from VM asking me if I wanted to add an additional 3GB for $15 bring my monthly plan to $55 for 9 GB of data. Did anyone else get this?
I received a txt for additional 2GB for 10 bringing my plan to $60 for 8 GB. I've been with VM for about 10yrs. I don't recall ever getting an offer like this. Is this offer common?
Member
Nov 3, 2018
266 posts
108 upvotes
db0ss wrote: I received a txt for additional 2GB for 10 bringing my plan to $60 for 8 GB. I've been with VM for about 10yrs. I don't recall ever getting an offer like this. Is this offer common?

To be honest, I do not think it is worth it for $10. You could have get iPhone XR 128 gb with 8 gb of data for $65 a month on Blackfriday (technically there was $190 downpayment, but they refunded you $140 out of it on the next bill, so like around 50$ downpayment).
Newbie
Feb 25, 2020
1 posts
Ummm *jaw drops to floor* what!?
sweetsimplistic wrote: I currently have the $40 6GB data plan from Virgin Mobile. I got an offer text from VM asking me if I wanted to add an additional 3GB for $15 bring my monthly plan to $55 for 9 GB of data. Did anyone else get this?
How on earth did you guys get this plan?? Hah I've been stuck on $55 for only 4gb!!

I tried calling in a few times to try to price match other plans or warn of leaving since I'm BYOD with no contract. They insist there's no better plan. Best I got is $10credit a month for 12 months still with no contract.

I've seen better virgin plans promoted on rfd but they always say (win-back) so it never applies Crying Face

How can I get the plan you guys have? Any secret code words one must say?? If so feel free to DM!! Hah
[OP]
Newbie
User avatar
Oct 8, 2013
83 posts
73 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Grau18 wrote: To be honest, I do not think it is worth it for $10. You could have get iPhone XR 128 gb with 8 gb of data for $65 a month on Blackfriday (technically there was $190 downpayment, but they refunded you $140 out of it on the next bill, so like around 50$ downpayment).
When I contacted CS via chat they gave me a better offer: 8 GB for 45$/month ....I'm an Android user :P ....dislike iPhones
[OP]
Newbie
User avatar
Oct 8, 2013
83 posts
73 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Mikeekski wrote: Ummm *jaw drops to floor* what!?



How on earth did you guys get this plan?? Hah I've been stuck on $55 for only 4gb!!

I tried calling in a few times to try to price match other plans or warn of leaving since I'm BYOD with no contract. They insist there's no better plan. Best I got is $10credit a month for 12 months still with no contract.

I've seen better virgin plans promoted on rfd but they always say (win-back) so it never applies Crying Face

How can I get the plan you guys have? Any secret code words one must say?? If so feel free to DM!! Hah
I was just nice the the CS guy via chat..he ended up giving me a better offer so I'm now on 8 GB for 45$/month.
Member
User avatar
Dec 13, 2016
367 posts
213 upvotes
GTA
sweetsimplistic wrote: Warm deal? I currently have the $40 6GB data plan from Virgin Mobile. I got an offer text from VM asking me if I wanted to add an additional 3GB for $15 bring my monthly plan to $55 for 9 GB of data. Did anyone else get this?
Are you on BYOP? I also got text 2gb for $10, but I'm still on a contract with them.
FreedomMobile
DakilangMangingibig
[OP]
Newbie
User avatar
Oct 8, 2013
83 posts
73 upvotes
Toronto, ON
smgksa wrote: Are you on BYOP? I also got text 2gb for $10, but I'm still on a contract with them.
yes I'm on BYOP....you might be able to negotiate 2 GB for $5 instead. That's what I ended up doing instead.
Member
May 22, 2018
217 posts
421 upvotes
I called in and got $50 for 8 GB but after 12 months it increases to $60. I keep getting told patronizingly that my $40 for 4 GB is the best and I should be very grateful for it when in fact clearly others are getting better deals ($45 for 8 GB). I'm just so frustrated by Virgin right now. I've been with them since 2012 and all I get is rude sarcastic remarks from their loyalty team.
Member
Nov 3, 2018
266 posts
108 upvotes
sweetsimplistic wrote: When I contacted CS via chat they gave me a better offer: 8 GB for 45$/month ....I'm an Android user :P ....dislike iPhones
Example with the iPhone XR 128 gb was to ilustrate that they gave ~$1000 phone financed for 24 month :-)

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)