Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Virgin Mobile

Virgin Mobile Winback $45/25GB + $400 device credit (Ontario) YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 27th, 2024 11:19 am
Mar 2, 2011
728 posts
410 upvotes
West
NavieM wrote: Offer is still there.

They offered me both the $10 1GB and $45 25GB plan today (in AB)
Thanks. I'm gonna try tomorrow again. My contract just ended. I had 6 GB for $45. They gave me 5 GB extra for $1. So $46 for 11 GB. No contract
Aug 11, 2006
919 posts
173 upvotes
Toronto
I ported my number from Virgin to Rogers, and then Virgin called me back for a winback offer. It wasn't as good as the Freedom Win-Back, but it was decent, plus had $400 credit towards a phone.

I got an iphone which was defective, so i returned it within the 14 days. Now a month later and severals calls from me, they still haven't called me back for a new phone. They keep saying "Loyalty team has to call you" and they can only "email" the loyalty team to call me. I've reached out to their executive team also for help and nothing. "Oh we will email them and ask them to call you". Each time it's 7-10 business days they quote. They just seem to be avoiding it.

It's been such a nightmare. Absolutely the worst experience!!

They have also changed my plan to a $60/10GB plan without actually asking me.
Feb 24, 2010
142 posts
72 upvotes
Vancouver
What phones did you guys end up getting? can the $400 credit be used to reduce my monthly tab if I buy a $0 upfront phone with $15/mo tab?
Jan 20, 2010
546 posts
306 upvotes
toronto
Pranman wrote: I ported my number from Virgin to Rogers, and then Virgin called me back for a winback offer. It wasn't as good as the Freedom Win-Back, but it was decent, plus had $400 credit towards a phone.

I got an iphone which was defective, so i returned it within the 14 days. Now a month later and severals calls from me, they still haven't called me back for a new phone. They keep saying "Loyalty team has to call you" and they can only "email" the loyalty team to call me. I've reached out to their executive team also for help and nothing. "Oh we will email them and ask them to call you". Each time it's 7-10 business days they quote. They just seem to be avoiding it.

It's been such a nightmare. Absolutely the worst experience!!

They have also changed my plan to a $60/10GB plan without actually asking me.
You should report this to CCTS. It will draw their attention much faster.
Jan 25, 2014
232 posts
146 upvotes
Toronto
Would anyone know the cost of iPhone 12 128GB with the device credit? Would it just be the down payment minus 400? Thanks in advance.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2013
6084 posts
1868 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
ji2o0k wrote: got this in the mail on Friday - was a long time VM customer many years ago - doesn't seem as good as the winback posted in OP but it is something I guess. This is targeted so YMMV

$50 / 12GB:

With free phone may be i will be going back to virgin.
FreedomMobile 35% Friends & Family
Apr 5, 2018
70 posts
18 upvotes
Also got somewhat similar mail-in SIM after being with Bell some time ago.

$200 towards new iphone and $45/10GB + fee waived.
Since 10GB it's enough for me - decided to take it.
Jun 13, 2017
124 posts
300 upvotes
What freedom plan did you port to? I've been on the 6GB/$40 plan for years
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2013
6084 posts
1868 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
tsmswifty wrote: What freedom plan did you port to? I've been on the 6GB/$40 plan for years
It shows on my signature.
FreedomMobile 35% Friends & Family
Aug 11, 2006
919 posts
173 upvotes
Toronto
gamebird wrote: You should report this to CCTS. It will draw their attention much faster.
It's funny, i reported it to CCTS and like not even an hour later, we got the call from Virgin mobile.
I don't think it's connected. I just think it's a coincidence that it happened like that.
Glad it was taken care of now, but was definitely frustrating.
Sep 14, 2003
723 posts
452 upvotes
Toronto
NEW WINBACK:

$400 off any device and
$5 off plans <$50, $10 off plans >$50 for 2 years. So the $45 6GB becomes $40, and the $55 13GB becomes $45 - discount will drop off after 24 months.
Mar 2, 2014
930 posts
559 upvotes
Ontario
Just received a virgin sim card in mail with an offer of BYOD $50/12GB with unique looking promo code. Left virgin in August of last year.
Feb 15, 2021
244 posts
276 upvotes
MB-Formerly GTA
Ported out Sunday, left me message to call on Monday, finally returned call today. Offered me 25 GB, unlimited cross Canada calling, and $400 device credit. Did not take it as I am a low usage user, and I do not need a phone right now. Said I have 3 months to change my mind. Probably should not believe him, but it’s unlikely I would change my mind anyway.
Jun 30, 2020
47 posts
13 upvotes
CheapRuss wrote: Ported out Sunday, left me message to call on Monday, finally returned call today. Offered me 25 GB, unlimited cross Canada calling, and $400 device credit. Did not take it as I am a low usage user, and I do not need a phone right now. Said I have 3 months to change my mind. Probably should not believe him, but it’s unlikely I would change my mind anyway.
There is $10/1GB with unlimited plan you could get this $10 plan
Dec 7, 2020
824 posts
864 upvotes
ji2o0k wrote: got this in the mail on Friday - was a long time VM customer many years ago - doesn't seem as good as the winback posted in OP but it is something I guess. This is targeted so YMMV

$50 / 12GB:

I also got this offer in mail. Anyone needs the offer code can inbox me. I'm not interested because I already have 25gb $45 plan with Rogers
Jun 13, 2017
124 posts
300 upvotes
Ported to freedom, within 24h a virgin rep called me back. Offered me the $45/25GB plan + $400 device credit. Stacks with the discount for monthly plan phones, so I applied it on a Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G for $200+tax all in ($8.33+tax/mo).
May 8, 2013
82 posts
47 upvotes
Ported out on March 12 from Virgin to Zoomer after they increased the price by $5. Got callback today, $55 13gb with $10 off for 2 years and $400 off new device.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)