807 upvotes
Toronto

Credit of up to $25/mo. for 12 months on Unlimited Internet. Ontario only

Deal Link:
Savings:
$15-25/mo.
Retailer:
Virgin Plus
Get your promo code below for this offer and redeem it online or by calling in. Available in Ontario only.

1) Downvote this post if this promotion does not meet your needs and your budget cannot afford it.
2) Contact your current provider to resolve your specific concerns. The CRTC does not intervene in the retail rates that are charged to customers. The CRTC is also not directly involved in their billing and marketing practices, quality of service issues, and customer relations.
3) Comparison shop on RFD:
[Bell] Enjoy a credit of $25/mo. for 2 years on pure fibre Internet technology [YMMV]
[Bell] Internet Student Promotion
[Fido] Save $25-$35/mo for 12 months on 75u or 150u Unlimited Internet. New customers in Ontario only.
Last edited by Quid Pro Quo on Aug 8th, 2021 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
66 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2012
4440 posts
7634 upvotes
Toronto
was looking for a new promo at virgin to switch from bell cuz my 2yr promo is about to run out and I don't feel like calling and negotiating lol Thanks!
Mar 26, 2020
36 posts
35 upvotes
My current deal is 50mbps $60/mth - $20 = $40 expiring in a month. Guess the Virgin Plus is $5 plus.
Jun 12, 2015
735 posts
348 upvotes
Mississauga
Wow these prices have gone up so much from last fall for 100 mbps $35 》$55
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2012
4440 posts
7634 upvotes
Toronto
Also I love their $35/month tv option... its just simple every channel lol
Oct 17, 2020
79 posts
436 upvotes
Nexzen wrote: Also I love their $35/month tv option... its just simple every channel lol
Holy, didn't even know this existed. I am on a 100mbps unlimited plan for $50 and looks like it's available in my area. Even AMC is part of the base channel package!

Any complaints?

Also, is the app (assuming it's an app since there's no box) compatible with every TV brand? I have a TCL and a Samsung TV.
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2012
4440 posts
7634 upvotes
Toronto
Leafsfan34 wrote: Holy, didn't even know this existed. I am on a 100mbps unlimited plan for $50 and looks like it's available in my area. Even AMC is part of the base channel package!

Any complaints?

Also, is the app (assuming it's an app since there's no box) compatible with every TV brand? I have a TCL and a Samsung TV.
ya it looks like they just rebranded the bell tv app which I've been using for a couple of years now and it's really good. The app is in the App Store for apple and google, I'm not sure about tcl, it's prob in the Samsung store. I don't have any complaints, I haven't used a a standard bell tv box ever since that app became available lol you can even pause and rewind on the app now which wasn't available at launch a few years back. I'm assuming virgin tv app has all the same features... just red instead of blue lol I use it on the Apple TV and another on my Sony TV in the bedroom which has google tv built in. it's an android tv.
Last edited by Guest2274885 on Aug 6th, 2021 6:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Expert
Jun 20, 2020
16248 posts
21225 upvotes
Toronto
Leafsfan34 wrote: Also, is the app (assuming it's an app since there's no box) compatible with every TV brand? I have a TCL and a Samsung TV.
Compatible with Sony Android TV

from https://www.virginplus.ca/en/support/tv ... ments.html

Virgin TV is supported on any of the following devices:
  • Android smartphones and tablets (OS 5.0+)
  • Apple smartphones and tablets (OS 10.0+)
  • All versions of Chromecast™
  • Computer: Safari, Chrome, Firefox or Microsoft Edge browsers
  • Apple TV, 4th generation or higher
  • All AirPlay-enabled devices
  • Android TV: Sony Android TV, nVIDIA Shield, Xiaomi Mi Box
  • Amazon Fire TV Stick Basic Edition or higher
Destiny is all
May 22, 2016
738 posts
977 upvotes
100mbps is just not enough for me
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2012
4440 posts
7634 upvotes
Toronto
I got the virgin internet and tv... then called bell to cancel... then they gave me a deal I couldn't refuse.... so ya... that switch didn't happen lol
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2007
1076 posts
128 upvotes
Sorry I am confused if Virgin Plus is an ADSL or Cable line. These Steve and Valerie modem connections and videos shown are also confusing.

Can someone please shed some light? My Fido 1 year promo is over and need internet urgently. TIA
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
3079 posts
3039 upvotes
innacana wrote: Sorry I am confused if Virgin Plus is an ADSL or Cable line. These Steve and Valerie modem connections and videos shown are also confusing.

Can someone please shed some light? My Fido 1 year promo is over and need internet urgently. TIA
virgin is bell, so whatever bell supports in your area i.e dsl, adsl, fiber
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2004
4681 posts
2092 upvotes
Durham Region
innacana wrote: Sorry I am confused if Virgin Plus is an ADSL or Cable line. These Steve and Valerie modem connections and videos shown are also confusing.

DSL or FTTH depending on what serves your location
Jul 21, 2021
89 posts
80 upvotes
Tigre1215 wrote: Wow these prices have gone up so much from last fall for 100 mbps $35 》$55
Yup, I currently have the Virgin 100 mbs for $35, gonna be real sad when I have to renew it. They even threw in a $150 prepaid visa lol.
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
23432 posts
5442 upvotes
Toronto
I recently switched from Fido internet to Virgin on the previous promo - 100/10Mbps for $45 ($80-$35 credit for 1 yr).................

I have FTTH and dang, such an improvement on my WFH Teams video calls.............used to get so much lag & jitter on Fido but now smooth as butter on Virgin.

Will be sad when the 1yr is up - so hopefully there will be more dealios in the future.....thx for posting OP!!!

FS: Nothing at the moment
Heatware: 63-0-0
Deal Fanatic
Feb 27, 2015
6334 posts
4196 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Hmm after yesterday's blackout on Fido/Rogers, I am interested.

But at the same time, I get 190mbs right now with Fido...
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2012
4440 posts
7634 upvotes
Toronto
ji2o0k wrote: I recently switched from Fido internet to Virgin on the previous promo - 100/10Mbps for $45 ($80-$35 credit for 1 yr).................

I have FTTH and dang, such an improvement on my WFH Teams video calls.............used to get so much lag & jitter on Fido but now smooth as butter on Virgin.

Will be sad when the 1yr is up - so hopefully there will be more dealios in the future.....thx for posting OP!!!
I was with rogers and switched to bell a few years ago... diff is major with internet and tv. FTTH and tv experience with the app and browser tv feels like it's years ahead. I will keep switching between virgin and bell... never going to rogers or fido.
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2006
1259 posts
1027 upvotes
Tigre1215 wrote: Wow these prices have gone up so much from last fall for 100 mbps $35 》$55
Hopefully by Black Friday its $35 or $40.
Mar 29, 2019
113 posts
89 upvotes
I called virgin...I was able to get 100/10 Mbps internet for $40+ tax. .. $40 discount for 12 months.

I was also offered $75 for 100/10 internet + virgin Tv+ free installation+$50 Visa card+Chrome cast+ 2 Months of subscription ( not sure which one..)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)