Hot Deals

Virgin Plus

Home Internet - Up to $40/month bill credit for mobility customers for 12 months (100/10 for $40/month) + $50 gc - YMMV

[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2010
1999 posts
1787 upvotes
Ottawa

Home Internet - Up to $40/month bill credit for mobility customers for 12 months (100/10 for $40/month) + $50 gc - YMMV

Price:
$40
Savings:
$40
Retailer:
Virgin Plus
I logged in to my Virgin Plus yesterday and noticed an offer for up to $40/month bill credit for 12 months on a Virgin Plus home internet plan.

I called today for a few of the details:
- For existing or new mobility customers.
- Up to $40/month bill credit for 12 months.
- Month to month. No contract.
- 100/10 is currently $80/month. This makes the 100/10 plan $40/month +tax. I didn't look into other plan costs.
- They can increase the base rate at any time, so there is a small risk this goes up a bit during the 12 months.

Note:
- Virgin is owned by Bell. If you subscribe to Virgin, you'll be on the Bell network.
- If your house already has a FTTH drop, you'll receive a HomeHub 3000 and can do a self install.
- If your neighbourhood has FTTH infrastructure, Virgin will schedule a Bell tech to install a fibre drop. You'll receive a HomeHub 3000. You'll be FTTH at 100/10.
- If your neighbourhood is FTTN, you'll receive a HomeHub 2000. You may be able to do a self install, but may need a tech to do the install if you aren't wired for bonded twisted pairs. You'll receive VDSL2 service.
- In some less developed areas, you might only be able to receive 50/10 as the top plan.

You can schedule for a date in the future. The 12 month clock starts ticking on the date of installation.

Schedule to align with your current deal ending, schedule a cancellation of your existing, and wait for a win back call from your current provider; or maximize your current promotion by scheduling to align with it ending; or give yourself time to wait for those Black Friday deals to roll in.

We scheduled our install for the first week of November, a week before our Fido deal expires.

Edit: A day after ordering, received an email stating we qualify for a $50 prepaid Visa card if we install within 30 days of ordering and maintain the account in good standing for at least 60 days. I'll be pulling the install forward a month.

This is a little bit different from the $25/month bill credit in this posted deal.

Because the credit showed up as an offer in our account, I'm not sure how widespread the offer is. YMMV. We're also in Ontario, so I'm not sure if this is available in other Bell service territories.
Last edited by Dynatos on Sep 11th, 2021 7:53 pm, edited 4 times in total.
33 replies
Nov 22, 2004
634 posts
2274 upvotes
Interesting. My Fido deal expires mid-December...is Virgin willing to wait that long though?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2010
1999 posts
1787 upvotes
Ottawa
mwatcher wrote: Interesting. My Fido deal expires mid-December...is Virgin willing to wait that long though?
Might have to call and ask.

When I asked if I could post-date the install, they didn't state any limits. I'm scheduled for November 4th, and they indicated that's when the 12 month clock starts.
Apr 6, 2017
908 posts
1387 upvotes
I have new service. I went into my benefits app. Under the other section. There was a coupon for 50 credit on internet. I clicked it and it emailed me a code. Now I am on the phone trying to get it applied to my account.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2010
1999 posts
1787 upvotes
Ottawa
tfong010 wrote: I have new service. I went into my benefits app. Under the other section. There was a coupon for 50 credit on internet. I clicked it and it emailed me a code. Now I am on the phone trying to get it applied to my account.
One time, or monthly?

Because if it's a monthly credit, $30/month for a 100/10 plan would be phenomenal.
Feb 3, 2012
338 posts
196 upvotes
T.O.
tfong010 wrote: I have new service. I went into my benefits app. Under the other section. There was a coupon for 50 credit on internet. I clicked it and it emailed me a code. Now I am on the phone trying to get it applied to my account.
wow. That's a really good offer. If you don't mind me asking, where are you located? I suspect the difference between your offer and OPs may be due to different regions?
Apr 6, 2017
908 posts
1387 upvotes
I am in Markham on. Mine is a one time. Agent had to call the back office to manually adjust. Initially she said I wasn’t entitled. But the terms of the code clearly include me.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2010
1999 posts
1787 upvotes
Ottawa
tfong010 wrote: I am in Markham on. Mine is a one time. Agent had to call the back office to manually adjust. Initially she said I wasn’t entitled. But the terms of the code clearly include me.
Gotcha, so a bit different but worth it for those with Virgin to check for an offer.

Mine didn't have a coupon code. It showed up in offers, but said it was available only by calling.
Apr 6, 2017
908 posts
1387 upvotes
Mine is the same. See the pic
Images
  • 3B6020F9-CD5F-4813-92EB-AE0E613935F5.png
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
1270 posts
1053 upvotes
Toronto
Note: 10 mbps upload is NOT enough for security cameras. Ie blink, ring, alarm, etc.
The Golden Rule: those who have the gold, make the rules
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
15520 posts
3423 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
pererac wrote: Note: 10 mbps upload is NOT enough for security cameras. Ie blink, ring, alarm, etc.
What are you talking about? Cameras take barely 1MB..
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
15520 posts
3423 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
sputnik99112 wrote: wow. That's a really good offer. If you don't mind me asking, where are you located? I suspect the difference between your offer and OPs may be due to different regions?
Offer is for NEW activations, not existing.
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
1270 posts
1053 upvotes
Toronto
weedb0y wrote: What are you talking about? Cameras take barely 1MB..
I am with Bell and their 50/10 speeds. I have one outdoor blink, a door bell, and a driveway camera. All in take turns losing connections.

Bell and alarm techs all confirmed to me that the upload speed was inadequate for the cameras.

Just trying to share my experience with this upload speed in case anyone reading this is also trying to couple this with security cameras.
The Golden Rule: those who have the gold, make the rules
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2010
1999 posts
1787 upvotes
Ottawa
One day after signing up and scheduling the install, I got an email saying we are eligible for a prepaid Visa provided we install within 30 days of order and maintain the account in good standing for 60 days.

The email doesn't state an amount, but I'm guessing $50. It seems like I'll be pulling the install date forward a bit to qualify.
Dec 14, 2010
78 posts
106 upvotes
Ottawa
pererac wrote: Note: 10 mbps upload is NOT enough for security cameras. Ie blink, ring, alarm, etc.
I have 50/10 from a third party and I have never had any issues with any/all and even additional devices and services. I also share files from my network for external access and still don't have any issues. Are you able to get a full/clean 10 up when your line is not saturated?

curious,
I like stuff
Dec 10, 2012
427 posts
201 upvotes
GTA
I just signed up for fido 150u for 42.50, but would this be more stable, given i have ftth?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2010
1999 posts
1787 upvotes
Ottawa
hkhorace wrote: I just signed up for fido 150u for 42.50, but would this be more stable, given i have ftth?
Yes.
Mar 1, 2018
68 posts
20 upvotes
Was told I am ineligible since I already have virgin internet, even though I dont have a virgin mobile account
Feb 10, 2015
72 posts
129 upvotes
Toronto, ON
FWIW I grabbed this a few months ago when they had this promo and the tech was super chill and overprovisioned by line. My kids are both watching netflix on their tablets ATM and my wife is watching the news on CTV online and I still get amazing speeds ->

https://www.speedtest.net/result/12021124486

Feb 3, 2012
338 posts
196 upvotes
T.O.
hkhorace wrote: I just signed up for fido 150u for 42.50, but would this be more stable, given i have ftth?
FTTH will be more reliable. By how much depends on the condition of your copper cable connection and likelihood of throttling by your cable internet provider. My experience with Virgin/Bell FTTH is it has never been down (joined in July) and speeds are consistent with no throttling at 120/12 for the 100/10 service.