Hot Deals

[VirginMobile.ca] Home Internet 100MBPS Unlimited $45/month for 12 months - Ontario only!

  • Last Updated:
  • Apr 5th, 2021 5:48 pm
[OP]
Penalty Box
Jul 6, 2018
607 posts
1057 upvotes

[VirginMobile.ca] Home Internet 100MBPS Unlimited $45/month for 12 months - Ontario only!

Couldn't find any other active home internet deal, so I went hunting and found this. Hope this helps someone out. Not much available these days for new customers at $<50/month.
Up to
100 MBPS
Download speed
Up to
10 MBPS
Upload speed
MONTHLY USAGE
UNLIMITED
GET A $25 CREDIT FOR 12 MONTHS
NOW $45/MO
Current Price: $70/month
Modem & installation included
Price may increase during subscription
CALL 1-888-810-4217
Last edited by poopooplatter on Feb 28th, 2021 1:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
60 replies
Sr. Member
User avatar
Aug 28, 2013
714 posts
445 upvotes
Richmond Hill
poopooplatter wrote: Couldn't find any other active home internet deal, so I went hunting and found this. Hope this helps someone out. Not much available these days for new customers at $<50/month.
Price may increase during subscription? What?
[OP]
Penalty Box
Jul 6, 2018
607 posts
1057 upvotes
RoyF482 wrote: Price may increase during subscription? What?
Meh. It's not on contract. I'll just cancel if they increase prices.
Newbie
Aug 14, 2019
78 posts
64 upvotes
i got fido 75u plan for 40 plus tax for 12 months. search fido internet promotions on google.
Newbie
Jan 26, 2007
58 posts
63 upvotes
FWIW, Virgin was offering 100 mbps during Boxing Day for $35 with a $150 credit. Agreed that this current deal is the best available for now but there are better deals to be had at certain times of the year.
[OP]
Penalty Box
Jul 6, 2018
607 posts
1057 upvotes
Savemorelivebetter wrote: i got fido 75u plan for 40 plus tax for 12 months. search fido internet promotions on google.
That was the plan initially, but expired now. Spent half the day looking just to find this.
Jr. Member
May 15, 2008
108 posts
45 upvotes
Mississauga
Do you think exisiting users can have this deal? Just sign up again?
Newbie
User avatar
Apr 2, 2020
19 posts
19 upvotes
Montreal
I tried to speak with them (already a virgin internet costumer) and went for this promotion today. Suddenly the system was down and the only promotion available was 5$ off. I told them I would cancel and apply as a new costumer. will try again in a hour or tomorrow.
Newbie
Apr 20, 2020
39 posts
23 upvotes
red_flag_deal wrote: For which province?
I called because it didn't say ANYWHERE on the website i could find... But Ontario & Quebec only.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 20, 2015
1014 posts
633 upvotes
Southern Ontario
jason.chan07 wrote: Do you think exisiting users can have this deal? Just sign up again?
My friend signed up a month ago (then he suggested I switch over) and after I told him I got this deal he called up and got the discount, $25 off for the next 12 months. Call up and ask, threaten to leave maybe... if you have to.

It was an easy and free professional install, glad I dumped Teksavvy. Someone bought my old cable modem on Kijiji as well.
Newbie
Feb 23, 2008
99 posts
282 upvotes
Montreal
Franky9998 wrote: I called because it didn't say ANYWHERE on the website i could find... But Ontario & Quebec only.
I'm currently paying 40$+Taxes = 45.99$ for 25mbps/10mbps. Not really a deal here but i'm working from home so cant afford the downtime with others provider. Using it since 24 months. And due for 5th March. Located in Quebec.

Just called and this promo not
apply to Quebec.
Last edited by red_flag_deal on Feb 27th, 2021 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Newbie
User avatar
Apr 2, 2020
19 posts
19 upvotes
Montreal
Gibsons wrote: My friend signed up a month ago (then he suggested I switch over) and after I told him I got this deal he called up and got the discount, $25 off for the next 12 months. Call up and ask, threaten to leave maybe... if you have to.

It was an easy and free professional install, glad I dumped Teksavvy. Someone bought my old cable modem on Kijiji as well.

Just got off the phone with them. Threaten to cancel but they didn't budge. Looks like they dont need my business =)
Newbie
Feb 23, 2008
99 posts
282 upvotes
Montreal
JeanCarlosO38777 wrote: Just got off the phone with them. Threaten to cancel but they didn't budge. Looks like they dont need my business =)
Same here, they dont care. I even told them that i got better offer else where.
Member
Oct 20, 2014
257 posts
151 upvotes
Trenton, on
It seems the pro viders either

1. Like was said above, do not care as work from home has drummed up a lot of business for them
2. Caught on to most of us threatning to cancel and only a small percentage actually moving away, basically calling our bluff, as they know we probably won't risk it or dont want to deal with the hassle :-)

I suggest actually moving away, and chances are you would get a call from rention/loyalty and score a better deal. Worst case scenario, you possible save some money moving elsewhere.
Newbie
User avatar
Feb 27, 2008
16 posts
6 upvotes
Ottawa
JeanCarlosO38777 wrote: Just got off the phone with them. Threaten to cancel but they didn't budge. Looks like they dont need my business =)
How is the service delivered with Virgin is it through cable?, or via cellular data?, lots of people gripe about the different isp providers with slow downs, throttling, outages etc.
Rural Ottawa here and Bell has me on the LTE- 25/1 plan, so basic Bell - satTV + internet runs monthly $128 all in.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 19, 2005
2267 posts
461 upvotes
York
Fast1fly wrote: How is the service delivered with Virgin is it through cable?, or via cellular data?, lots of people gripe about the different isp providers with slow downs, throttling, outages etc.
Rural Ottawa here and Bell has me on the LTE- 25/1 plan, so basic Bell - satTV + internet runs monthly $128 all in.
It's through DSL or fibre depending on what you house/condo has for wiring. Uses same lines as Bell Fibe.
"It's how you deal with failure that determines how you achieve success."
Newbie
Oct 17, 2020
20 posts
35 upvotes
red_flag_deal wrote: Same here, they dont care. I even told them that i got better offer else where.
My experience is virgin is that they don't give a shit on the first call, but if you "cancel" customer retention almost always calls back with a better deal one or two days later.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)