Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
VirginMobile.ca

Home Internet 100MBPS Unlimited $45/month for 12 months - Ontario only!

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 5th, 2021 5:48 pm
Apr 2, 2020
78 posts
161 upvotes
Montreal
Just for new ones, that's why I suggested to cancel and reapply as a new costumer. The person told me it would be a hustle doing the procedure. I told him I had other options and he didnt back down. I will try cancel it and order again my wife being the 'new costumer'. =) Jeez these companies don't understand that we'll get what's offered, one way or another.
Mar 16, 2008
258 posts
120 upvotes
Arviat
JeanCarlosO38777 wrote:
Just got off the phone with them. Threaten to cancel but they didn't budge. Looks like they dont need my business =)
Threatening to cancel doesn't work. You need to cancel then they will forward you the retentions and you should be able to get it.
Nov 25, 2013
50 posts
22 upvotes
I signed up with them under this deal! Poor decision! During this time, I don't want the tech to come in. The rep at virgin assured me they won't be coming in. The rep said they would drop off the modem and then call the person to help with the connection. First thing the tech does when he arrives is wanting to come into the home to connect some wire. The tech did not even drop off the modem! I immediately cancelled this! Causing me a headache as I work from home in this day and age!
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2012
1492 posts
2147 upvotes
Toronto
Virgin-the company that just doubled my pay as you go phone plan . No way will I sign up with this company.
Jan 3, 2012
204 posts
29 upvotes
Montreal, Quebec
I chat with them, they said offer available only for New Ontario Customers
Sep 6, 2011
524 posts
156 upvotes
Oakville
are they using coaxial cable or phone line or fiber?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 11, 2008
8755 posts
2388 upvotes
Ethanz wrote: are they using coaxial cable or phone line or fiber?
Phone line unless your in a new subdivision. Coax belongs to Rogers.
Mar 12, 2013
618 posts
304 upvotes
YEG
had an online chat. Not covered for Alberta
Mar 22, 2018
54 posts
21 upvotes
Anyone use their internet while working from home? Interested in their 100/10 plan but wondering how reliable it would be for doing quite a bit of zoom calls and what not.
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2004
1037 posts
710 upvotes
Scarborough
iklaatu wrote: Anyone use their internet while working from home? Interested in their 100/10 plan but wondering how reliable it would be for doing quite a bit of zoom calls and what not.
I've been using their 50Mbps for almost 2 years now. It was quite stable prior to March 2020 and I was still WFH about 50% of the time. Having said that in the last 1 year I've had issues about 3 times may be, that too for a max of like 10 mins. I don't know if it was my WiFi or the provider. But it self-resolved after that. Off course, if those 10 mins are in the middle of a zoom call, I'd be pulling hair.
Sep 5, 2020
28 posts
38 upvotes
RoyF482 wrote: Price may increase during subscription? What?
Bell language: We will increase the price 3 months in by including a small 5pt size disclaimer in your previous bill.
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2017
1302 posts
1477 upvotes
Toronto
iklaatu wrote: Anyone use their internet while working from home? Interested in their 100/10 plan but wondering how reliable it would be for doing quite a bit of zoom calls and what not.
I was with them for 9 months last year on 100/10 plan. It was rock stable with no downtime. I was using the fibre option so can't comment if you are using DSL
Oct 12, 2020
39 posts
31 upvotes
I am currently on Virgin's $40 50mbps plan going to try ask for this plan but seems like existing customers don't get it.
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2015
3800 posts
3186 upvotes
Southern Ontario
JeanCarlosO38777 wrote: Just got off the phone with them. Threaten to cancel but they didn't budge. Looks like they dont need my business =)
This was a week or so ago... maybe they got so many people to switch, they don't care at this point. YMMV.
I don't do Zoom calls but they installed Fiber for the Virgin 100/10 service.
SirDealer007 wrote: I signed up with them under this deal! Poor decision! During this time, I don't want the tech to come in. The rep at virgin assured me they won't be coming in. The rep said they would drop off the modem and then call the person to help with the connection. First thing the tech does when he arrives is wanting to come into the home to connect some wire. The tech did not even drop off the modem! I immediately cancelled this! Causing me a headache as I work from home in this day and age!
The installer wore a mask. Being afraid of your own shadow is on you, not the company. They had to run the line in the house, install the wall plate and connect it to set up the modem. Not every install is the same.
Nov 25, 2013
50 posts
22 upvotes
Gibsons wrote: This was a week or so ago... maybe they got so many people to switch, they don't care at this point. YMMV.

I don't do Zoom calls but they installed Fiber for the Virgin 100/10 service.

The installer wore a mask. Being afraid of your own shadow is on you, not the company. They had to run the line in the house, install the wall plate and connect it to set up the modem. Not every install is the same.
Just because the guy wore a mask does not mean a thing. This virus can still escape through the mask! Masks can protect the person but it is not the best solution! The rep never said this is fibe to home.. all I knew it is DSL.. which 100Mbps can be handled by the regular phone lines.
The sales person should ask more questions and help the consumer make inform decisions
Apr 9, 2016
115 posts
112 upvotes
Been with them almost 2 years. No price increases in term but they refused to extend the discount at the end of the first year. So I cancelled and went through another households member sign up. Retentions were really slow so the 2nd 'install' was done before retentions called. Total waste of their time and money, but I didn't set the stupid rules
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2015
3800 posts
3186 upvotes
Southern Ontario
SirDealer007 wrote: Just because the guy wore a mask does not mean a thing. This virus can still escape through the mask! Masks can protect the person but it is not the best solution! The rep never said this is fibe to home.. all I knew it is DSL.. which 100Mbps can be handled by the regular phone lines.
The sales person should ask more questions and help the consumer make inform decisions
They told me that the installer had to survey the situation before and let me know what was to be done. I had no problem with the guy coming in and wearing a mask. I go to the Grocery store and have no fear, there's tons of people in there with masks on.
comsym wrote: Been with them almost 2 years. No price increases in term but they refused to extend the discount at the end of the first year. So I cancelled and went through another households member sign up. Retentions were really slow so the 2nd 'install' was done before retentions called. Total waste of their time and money, but I didn't set the stupid rules
I'm assuming your desire to stay with them was also due to reliable service and speed? I'm getting speeds of 120-130mbps when I measure, depending on device.
Jun 8, 2017
52 posts
170 upvotes
poopooplatter wrote: That was the plan initially, but expired now. Spent half the day looking just to find this.
I used the chat with Fido yesterday. The rep was quick to offer the 75u plan at $37.50/mo. No hassles. So, perhaps YMMV or call in?
Sep 14, 2014
387 posts
302 upvotes
Barrie, ON
We had these guys for a couple of years. It's ridiculous that you need to cancel, drop off the modem and simultaneously sign back up as a "new account" to get the promo.

I got tired of the games, cancelled one property right off the bat and got some one else. Didn't get a chance to replace the other line, and they still wouldn't match it, just a $15 discount. Needless to say one modem was just dropped off at purolator on Friday, with a second to follow as soon as I get a better deal.

As for service, it was good, a issues where it would go down, and then be down for a few hours/days, and getting support could be a PITA.

We were limited to the "up to 50mps", but we firmly got in the low 20s all of the time. Wouldn't recommend unless you want to waste a bunch of time. Would probably have reconsidered if I didn't have to swap modems and reset all of my smart home devices to keep the promo going.
Nov 25, 2013
50 posts
22 upvotes
Gibsons wrote: They told me that the installer had to survey the situation before and let me know what was to be done. I had no problem with the guy coming in and wearing a mask. I go to the Grocery store and have no fear, there's tons of people in there with masks on.

I'm assuming your desire to stay with them was also due to reliable service and speed? I'm getting speeds of 120-130mbps when I measure, depending on device.
They never said that to me at all. They never even said it was fibe to home! Good for you that you have no problem with all that. I have a problem with the tech coming in! Sales rep keeps reassuring me that tech will not come in unless I can not connect to the internet! No modem was even dropped off!