Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
VirginMobile.ca

Online Only: Google Pixel 5 $480 + $100 Bill Credit

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 27th, 2020 7:37 am
[OP]
May 22, 2007
107 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto

[VirginMobile.ca] Online Only: Google Pixel 5 $480 + $100 Bill Credit

This is pretty much the same deal as Fido except with a one extra perk. They give you an option to pay up to $420 of the phone upfront. It is a good option if you wanted the Koodo or Fido deal but you're already a customer.

Only for new customers and you have to pick from one of their $45 and up plans which they give you an extra 2GB of data on top. Activation fee is waived.

Bestbuy is also offering a $175 Gift Card if you want to do that route as well:
https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/vi ... g/14981246
4 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2013
3094 posts
3464 upvotes
Montreal
colezy9 wrote: Is the Best buy $175 Gift Card in store only?
Yes

Walmarr, Costco are in that deal as well
<no self promotion>
[OP]
May 22, 2007
107 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto
colezy9 wrote: How much would it cost just to sign up to get phone and leave Virgin? Just 1 month pro rated plus cost of phone or is there extra fees to consider?
This is what I got off their website:
You will be required to pay your remaining device payments immediately plus applicable tax and any outstanding service charges that you have incurred. In addition, you may be subject to an early cancellation fee for your Membership agreement. If you received an agreement credit at the time of activation, you will be charged a prorated amount of the credit for the remaining months left in your Membership agreement.
[OP]
May 22, 2007
107 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto
colezy9 wrote: Wonder if this applies and how much "you may be subject to an early cancellation fee for your Membership agreement."
Although I have no clue how much or if they would actually charge you on a cancellation fee I believe the below line is more important for your original question.

"If you received an agreement credit at the time of activation, you will be charged a prorated amount of the credit for the remaining months left in your Membership agreement."

Pretty sure this means they'll charge you back any discount they gave subtracted by the months you spent with them. So that would nullify all the savings if you plan to just cancel. My best bet would be that all the carriers have smartened up and are doing this now since this isn't their first rodeo.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2007
2584 posts
2393 upvotes
Markham
There are no carrier out there you could cancel contract early and escape from the higher phone credit/tab anymore
-------
Thank you