Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
VirginMobile.ca

Samsung S21 on Contract 20/Month

  • Last Updated:
  • Jun 2nd, 2021 4:24 pm
[OP]
Sr. Member
Sep 12, 2018
724 posts
684 upvotes
Edmonton

[VirginMobile.ca] Samsung S21 on Contract 20/Month

Image
Virgin is offering me to upgrade my phone to S21 for $20/Month and S21+ for $30/Month, plus additional cost of plan. Given that, they will charge me 169.12 for breaking the previous contract, I am not too interested. But might be a good deal for people who are not in a contract right now.
Last edited by IshfaqueR4678 on May 4th, 2021 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
18 replies
Sr. Member
User avatar
Oct 24, 2019
952 posts
1812 upvotes
Edmonton
When did they change to 30 month???

Same as $25/month for 24 months
Newbie
Nov 21, 2016
66 posts
112 upvotes
The next day I ported to Shaw last month, Virgin called in and offered a winback of $400 phone credit on any phone for the $45/25GB plan. If anyone doesn't care about the hassle, feel free to give it a try.
[OP]
Sr. Member
Sep 12, 2018
724 posts
684 upvotes
Edmonton
MahlerMusic wrote: When did they change to 30 month???

Same as $25/month for 24 months
If I remember correctly, $25/Month was for S20FE. For S21 it was $30/Month before as well.
Jr. Member
Jun 6, 2017
134 posts
210 upvotes
If any one eligible for EPP program, telus and rogers have it for $5 a month on bring it back program.

samsung.ca is offering $250 bonus discount on any iphone trade-in. You can stack it with perkopolis, studentbeans, spc, unidays etc. Came up to $680 -(trade-in value of your phone). Trade-in value for my iphone xr was $230. Includes free galaxy buds live.
Newbie
Nov 8, 2011
44 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto
Logged into VM and was offered the S21 for $25/ month and S21+ for $30/ month for 24 months.

Took the S21+ offer, at the end of the 24 months, total cost of phone is $720+tax

Seems like a solid deal since the regular price is $600+ more if you buy outright

In terms of the plan, was on the 12gb $55 plan but since I had to upgrade, the closest plan was $55 plan for 11gb, don't need so many data nowadays since the pandemic
Member
Oct 13, 2018
232 posts
260 upvotes
Some Bell stores are offering S21 for ~$4 lease / $13 finance. I got an S21 Ultra just today for a bit more than $10 a month for 24 months.
Member
User avatar
Mar 3, 2020
239 posts
444 upvotes
buizel10 wrote: Some Bell stores are offering S21 for ~$4 lease / $13 finance. I got an S21 Ultra just today for a bit more than $10 a month for 24 months.
What province? I know that they all change their deals based on competition in the area.
Member
Oct 13, 2018
232 posts
260 upvotes
skrateboard wrote: What province? I know that they all change their deals based on competition in the area.
BC, Vancouver area. Rogers also offered me an S21 for $4.99/month lease, and TELUS was willing to give me the 30GB plan for only $65 a month if I got their $10/month S21 lease. Pretty good deals all and all.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Oct 29, 2007
641 posts
88 upvotes
buizel10 wrote: BC, Vancouver area. Rogers also offered me an S21 for $4.99/month lease, and TELUS was willing to give me the 30GB plan for only $65 a month if I got their $10/month S21 lease. Pretty good deals all and all.
for lease, how to define the acceptable return status, is minor dent acceptable?
Member
Oct 13, 2018
232 posts
260 upvotes
andyhejob wrote: for lease, how to define the acceptable return status, is minor dent acceptable?
I was told normal wear and tear was fine. Device has to turn on, no cracks, no severe damage. Guy said minor dents and scratches were fine.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Oct 29, 2007
641 posts
88 upvotes
buizel10 wrote: I was told normal wear and tear was fine. Device has to turn on, no cracks, no severe damage. Guy said minor dents and scratches were fine.
thanks, if the device has more dents and scratches than acceptable, how to calculate the penalty? how about cracks?
Member
Oct 13, 2018
232 posts
260 upvotes
andyhejob wrote: thanks, if the device has more dents and scratches than acceptable, how to calculate the penalty? how about cracks?
scratches all fine, dents are (mostly) fine, cracks and severe dents, you must buy out the whole phone. So in my case, I would have to pay $770+tax after paying ~$240 for 24 months. Still decent for an S21 Ultra in my case, but it might vary.
Member
User avatar
Mar 3, 2020
239 posts
444 upvotes
buizel10 wrote: scratches all fine, dents are (mostly) fine, cracks and severe dents, you must buy out the whole phone. So in my case, I would have to pay $770+tax after paying ~$240 for 24 months. Still decent for an S21 Ultra in my case, but it might vary.
Yep, Just went to Bell, got my S21 Ultra 256 GB for 12.50 a month, the 128GB would be 10.32. The buyout after 24 months is 770 for the 128GB, 780 for the 256GB after all is said and done.

So the inflation is deferred to 2 years, and if you invest that 770 in a GIC at minimum, you make that money you would have paid upfront do work.

It's a pretty nice program.
Member
Oct 13, 2018
232 posts
260 upvotes
skrateboard wrote: Yep, Just went to Bell, got my S21 Ultra 256 GB for 12.50 a month, the 128GB would be 10.32. The buyout after 24 months is 770 for the 128GB, 780 for the 256GB after all is said and done.

So the inflation is deferred to 2 years, and if you invest that 770 in a GIC at minimum, you make that money you would have paid upfront do work.

It's a pretty nice program.
May I ask which Bell store you got it at? Or, which city?
Mine was in the Lansdowne Centre location in Richmond, BC. I've checked with them a couple times over the last bit, they seem to have lower rates than anywhere else. So, it's worth checking around with several stores for phones.
Jr. Member
User avatar
Dec 27, 2010
183 posts
115 upvotes
Toronto
skrateboard wrote: Yep, Just went to Bell, got my S21 Ultra 256 GB for 12.50 a month, the 128GB would be 10.32. The buyout after 24 months is 770 for the 128GB, 780 for the 256GB after all is said and done.

So the inflation is deferred to 2 years, and if you invest that 770 in a GIC at minimum, you make that money you would have paid upfront do work.


It's a pretty nice program.
Which Bell store is this?
Member
User avatar
Mar 3, 2020
239 posts
444 upvotes
buizel10 wrote: May I ask which Bell store you got it at? Or, which city?
Mine was in the Lansdowne Centre location in Richmond, BC. I've checked with them a couple times over the last bit, they seem to have lower rates than anywhere else. So, it's worth checking around with several stores for phones.
superbad wrote: Which Bell store is this?
Yeah I'm up in Calgary, so our rates for the whole of Alberta usually blow in comparison to places like Ontario where there seem to be wicked deals posted all the time about them.

Basically, the store was in The Core downtown store, and the guy was able to get "managers discretion" pricing on a $65 15GB plan (which is in line with their 30GB plans being 80GB), and then also have that less expensive plan be the one helping pay the phone down. Apparently, this came from the "Regional Sales Managers" that the guy called up, but it could just be him BS'ing something to take the price down farther to entice me. But with the cheaper plan, the manager was able to knock off $5 dollars a month (and then another $5 when I asked nicely) on the $20.32/month rate on the phone with taxes at a rate of $10.32 a month for 24 months and a 770 buyout. The 256GB phone went from $22.54 a month to $12.54 with a $780 buyout on the same $65 plan. Which then comes out to ~75-77 dollars a month for a new phone, and the buyout at the end of you wanna keep it.

However, they only said they were offering it for the weekend, but it wasn't really something they were advertising at the time, and the guy bent a little bit for me to switch from Freedom to Bell. However, hopefully that gives you a bit of insight on how Bell operates their discounts and what to ask for (i.e. a discounted plan to pay the phone off, and a manager's discount on the phone)
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2011
1029 posts
167 upvotes
According to Rogers website I can get a galaxy s20 ultra for 20$/month for 24 months (no buyout), comes out to 480$ over 2 years for a phone that is roughly 1600$ now...

Something doesn't ad up, am I missing something? It seems to good to be true

Top