Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
VirginMobile.ca

Virgin Mobile - $56 10GB offer YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 27th, 2019 4:06 pm
Jan 1, 2018
101 posts
45 upvotes
Merseilles wrote: Got the offer from Koodo :

10GB DATA
Unlimited Canada wide calling
Unlimited text
1000 mins international calling

For $55
I have the same plan but without 1000 International minutes. Thinking Face BC
Aug 17, 2018
916 posts
664 upvotes
ShaneBeach wrote: No! It’s just a plain BYOP plan but she had to put it under a ‘silver’ plan in order to give me the deal.
Yea thats the work around. But since its catagorized as Silver you can basically pick any phone to your liking and just pay the upfront cost, which is basically what I did, especially if you plan on keeping the plan anyways you may just sell the phone off. e.g A50 pay the upfront $120, get the $100 giftcard for activating a line and sell the phone, keep the plan.
Dec 28, 2016
236 posts
134 upvotes
I just called in and after several times of being on hold and getting a call back, they were able to switch me from the $65/10GB plan to the $56/10GB plan. But it won’t take effect until my next bill cycle. I was told that I would be charged a $10 fee to make the changes now midway through my cycle (sounds a bit weird to me). The rep also seemed to be having a lot of issues with his computer so I’m hoping everything goes through properly.
Apr 30, 2007
963 posts
127 upvotes
Toronto
SirKen wrote: No, I asked for it specifically.
Seems like you got lucky. I was told that wasn't an option
Deal Expert
Feb 13, 2012
15156 posts
4968 upvotes
VANCOUVER
95thRiflesOCI wrote: Yea thats the work around. But since its catagorized as Silver you can basically pick any phone to your liking and just pay the upfront cost, which is basically what I did, especially if you plan on keeping the plan anyways you may just sell the phone off. e.g A50 pay the upfront $120, get the $100 giftcard for activating a line and sell the phone, keep the plan.
the plan charge wouldn't be the same...usually goes up $5 per month, and it doesn't fall off after 24 months.
Dec 13, 2017
261 posts
183 upvotes
Acewidpace wrote: I have the same plan but without 1000 International minutes. Thinking Face BC
How did u swing that? Anyone have that plan in ON?
Nov 3, 2018
333 posts
154 upvotes
Rogido wrote: the plan charge wouldn't be the same...usually goes up $5 per month, and it doesn't fall off after 24 months.
What do you mean 'usually goes up $5 per month'? Do you speak about possibility of the price increase when on the BYOP plan or about the price increase when under the contract? I thought that when contract is signed the price is fixed for 24 month...
Deal Expert
Feb 13, 2012
15156 posts
4968 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Grau18 wrote: What do you mean 'usually goes up $5 per month'? Do you speak about possibility of the price increase when on the BYOP plan or about the price increase when under the contract? I thought that when contract is signed the price is fixed for 24 month...
No, I mean why you take a device, the plan price goes up 5 bucks per month. Also, it's true, if you didn't take a device, and it's a BYOP plan, they can jack the price up anytime they want.
Aug 8, 2018
15 posts
19 upvotes
I called in and was told this is only available to Ontario residents
Aug 17, 2018
916 posts
664 upvotes
Rogido wrote: the plan charge wouldn't be the same...usually goes up $5 per month, and it doesn't fall off after 24 months.
Rogido wrote: No, I mean why you take a device, the plan price goes up 5 bucks per month. Also, it's true, if you didn't take a device, and it's a BYOP plan, they can jack the price up anytime they want.
Nope plan price doesn't go up when taking a new phone if your already on a silver plan. I have one line on a Silver 25 migration plan for a month then called in for an upgrade but asked to kept my same plan as it says I could get a new device on a silver plan at 25/month. So now my plan is locked in for 2 years and I have a phone for free.

Dec 13, 2011
2 posts
So would I have to pay off my current devices to get this plan or is it just a loyalty plan?
Aug 17, 2018
916 posts
664 upvotes
elc8612 wrote: So would I have to pay off my current devices to get this plan or is it just a loyalty plan?
If your already on a contract, most likely u have to pay off your device balance as this is a BYOD, unless loyalty can do something like give you some more value for whatever your paying now.
Nov 4, 2017
12 posts
8 upvotes
Called and was told that this is only for ppl with BYOD account. If you still have contact with them, they won't change unless you pay the balance. Disappointed But Relieved Face.
Deal Expert
Feb 13, 2012
15156 posts
4968 upvotes
VANCOUVER
95thRiflesOCI wrote: Nope plan price doesn't go up when taking a new phone if your already on a silver plan. I have one line on a Silver 25 migration plan for a month then called in for an upgrade but asked to kept my same plan as it says I could get a new device on a silver plan at 25/month. So now my plan is locked in for 2 years and I have a phone for free.

Looks like $45/month.
Aug 17, 2018
916 posts
664 upvotes
Rogido wrote: Looks like $45/month.
If you look in two different spots of the picture, it says get plans starting from $25. But the self serve option only lets you see plans market plans on the website. You have to call or go to store to get the upgrade.

Feb 18, 2012
905 posts
542 upvotes
Victoria
95thRiflesOCI wrote: Nope plan price doesn't go up when taking a new phone if your already on a silver plan. I have one line on a Silver 25 migration plan for a month then called in for an upgrade but asked to kept my same plan as it says I could get a new device on a silver plan at 25/month. So now my plan is locked in for 2 years and I have a phone for free.

You’re not “locked in” to anything, all contracts have a clause where they can raise your price at any time.
Feb 18, 2012
905 posts
542 upvotes
Victoria
hvwozq wrote: Read the Wireless Code.
I have. They are allowed to change the contract with 30 days notice, if you dont agree your only recourse is to cancel the contract so youve lost the rate either way.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)