Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
VirginMobile.ca

Virgin Mobile free tablet with 4GB/$10/month plan/data only

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 28th, 2019 6:22 pm
Dec 18, 2007
598 posts
988 upvotes
Richmond Hill
So this is not a standalone plan? Need to have voice and data plan with Virgin first?
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2005
3167 posts
1209 upvotes
Montreal
kunamvahees wrote: Man, I go the Fido plan and used it with VoIP. Ms.
However now they are only connect using IPv6 and Voip.MS does not work with IPv6.
Need to fine alternative way to make Fido data works with VoIP.MS.
I thought this would be helpful but i need it on a Phone.
I thought voipms works with ipv6 ?
Client at: Tangerine, VoIP.ms, Virgin Mobile
Dec 26, 2019
21 posts
8 upvotes
SKYhigh75f wrote: I confirmed with rep you have to be existing customer for the rate of 4gb.
That is sadFace With Tears Of Joy
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2007
2917 posts
3111 upvotes
Markham
marc_t wrote: I thought voipms works with ipv6 ?
I set up Pixel 2 with Voip.MS SIP client built on Android. I am not using an app.
And recently VOIP calls when I am on LTE and works OK at home wifi.
My research showed IPv6 is the culprit. Talked to VOIP.MS support and they told its not supported.
I am looking for a work around.
-------
Thank you
Jan 30, 2008
55 posts
230 upvotes
Montreal
kunamvahees wrote: I am looking for a work around.
You can try to change the the apn protocol to ipv4, in the apn settings.
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2010
2241 posts
4462 upvotes
kunamvahees wrote: I set up Pixel 2 with Voip.MS SIP client built on Android. I am not using an app.
And recently VOIP calls when I am on LTE and works OK at home wifi.
My research showed IPv6 is the culprit. Talked to VOIP.MS support and they told its not supported.
I am looking for a work around.
Try what is suggested here: fido-lte-data-plan-tech-discussion-2142 ... #p30928097
On vacation
Aug 12, 2018
81 posts
71 upvotes
I am doing same. for about a year now. voip.ms with fido data only plan LTE. No problem with that . I use groundwire to run as my app.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
4016 posts
2516 upvotes
Halifax
decee wrote: I was looking for a wireless hotspot and I stumbled on this deal. Virgin will GIVE you a Samsung Galaxy TabA for free on a two year term if you sign up for a data only plan. They offer 4 GB/month for $10/ month. I signed up for one before Christmas and they dinged me a $40 activation fee. I went back for another one today and the nice lady said no activation fee waived until Dec 31.
The deal comes with a SIM card but it's married to the tablet but I just set up a wifi bridge next to it and I have good wifi at my remote location for dirt cheap.

I know it says $20 in the link but go to the Virgin store and just ask for the $10 deal. They will probably offer it first

So you get 24 months of wifi and a Samsung Tablet A for $240 plus tax

Take That Fido!!
I have a 1 GB, $5 plan from a previous promo with Virgin, with a much worse tablet. There are things to be aware of.

On my Virgin plan, the SIM card was locked to the tablet, and the tablet could not do any tethering after the first month. I am not sure if this is the same issue with this tablet, but it is something to consider. I was able to get a Virgin CSR to lock the SIM card to another tablet I got from Fido, and that works fine. Probably YMMV to get that done though.

I also have the Fido plan, and in comparison, the Virgin plan feels to be on the better network, and using it to the fullest. The Fido plan can use the Bell network also, but it seems to be treated as a 3rd tier carrier.

I find the SIM lock to be a royal pain, so much so I would prefer the Fido plan. I can work around with the tablet though, and I do.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2006
2499 posts
991 upvotes
Both Fido and Rogers have free tablet + Free monthly fee ($15 but credited)
However, downside is they jacked up the device price so you pay almost 2 times the actual device fee if you port out or cancel.
Oct 17, 2010
838 posts
592 upvotes
Terrace
What if you tablet is "broken" can you call them and have them switch (locked) to another device?

Does anyone know if the sim is locked to the hardware's IMEI?
Mar 26, 2019
170 posts
57 upvotes
If anyone is interested in purchasing virgin tablet with the 10$ 4gb , there is also the promo of 2gb data extra on the 2nd line .
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
4016 posts
2516 upvotes
Halifax
Tobsterboi wrote: What if you tablet is "broken" can you call them and have them switch (locked) to another device?

Does anyone know if the sim is locked to the hardware's IMEI?
The SIM card is locked to the Tablet's IMEI, and you need to talk to a Virgin CSR to get the SIM card unlocked, or locked to another tablet. Virgin will not unlock your SIM card until you pay off your tablet. I had Virgin lock my SIM card to another tablet. Virgin knew the new device was a tablet by the IMEI. I do not think you will get away with getting it locked to device that is not a tablet. I told Virgin, the headphone jack, bluetooth, and wifi were not working well on the device Virgin supplied, which was true, but that was mostly because it was low grade crap from ZTE.
Jan 7, 2013
128 posts
19 upvotes
so on this tablet deal do we have to be with virgin mobile for cell service or can i just get the mobile data plan for 10 dollars with the free tablet?
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2017
1536 posts
981 upvotes
GTA
bridonca wrote: The SIM card is locked to the Tablet's IMEI, and you need to talk to a Virgin CSR to get the SIM card unlocked, or locked to another tablet. Virgin will not unlock your SIM card until you pay off your tablet. I had Virgin lock my SIM card to another tablet. Virgin knew the new device was a tablet by the IMEI. I do not think you will get away with getting it locked to device that is not a tablet. I told Virgin, the headphone jack, bluetooth, and wifi were not working well on the device Virgin supplied, which was true, but that was mostly because it was low grade crap from ZTE.
I waited until my 2 years expired with virgin since they had a better network. Called in to unlock it, they said they can't do it as it was the terms of the plan and not contract. Cancelled instead of doing a bunch of YMMV phone calls to get that changed. Waste of a two year wait.
Sep 20, 2008
93 posts
25 upvotes
St. John's, NL
Spoke to rep at Virgin store this morning. The HUAWEI MEDIAPAD is also available on this offer.

They will waive the connection fee.
Banned
Jun 17, 2010
153 posts
281 upvotes
Toronto
FSUBall23 wrote: so on this tablet deal do we have to be with virgin mobile for cell service or can i just get the mobile data plan for 10 dollars with the free tablet?
I am a Virgin customer and got the $10 plan. On the website, it says $20 for 4 gb with no mention of being an existing Virgin customer. Click on the Virgin chat button and ask them
Dec 27, 2019
4 posts
If you go to Pacific Mall they'll put it in your phone no problem. I just had it it done yesterday for my and my mom's phones
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2013
1332 posts
662 upvotes
Chambly, QC
unclesamxu wrote: I am doing same. for about a year now. voip.ms with fido data only plan LTE. No problem with that . I use groundwire to run as my app.
I tried that, but sound quality was really meh!
I end up buying a PublicMobile 13$ for the voice.
But I will keep the Voip.ms as my home phone on WIFI.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)