Expired Hot Deals

[VirginMobile.ca] YMMV: Virgin Mobile $40 - 6G + Unlimited Calls

  • Last Updated:
  • Aug 29th, 2019 10:06 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Jr. Member
User avatar
Sep 16, 2017
176 posts
170 upvotes

[VirginMobile.ca] YMMV: Virgin Mobile $40 - 6G + Unlimited Calls

Just got online chat with Virgin yesterday and they offered this plan to old customers, not sure about new customers. Maybe anyone else is interested in .....
Last edited by cjfnba on Aug 17th, 2019 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
115 replies
Newbie
User avatar
Jul 5, 2004
92 posts
124 upvotes
Toronto
Would add a YMMV since this isn't open to the public.
Sr. Member
Apr 18, 2017
722 posts
1421 upvotes
You got any proof? YMMV should def be in title.
Member
Dec 22, 2001
444 posts
203 upvotes
cjfnba wrote: Just got online chat with Virgin yesterday and they offered this plan to old customers, not sure about new customers. Maybe anyone else is interested in .....
What Province?
Sr. Member
User avatar
Feb 28, 2002
557 posts
5 upvotes
GTA
Just tried this and works (NL), I was on BYOP40 4GB and online chat rep upgraded to BYOP40 6GB
Newbie
User avatar
Nov 21, 2018
12 posts
420 upvotes
It never went away... You just need to buy a virgin prepaid SIM and activate it. The offer is loaded onto the account immediately. I did it a few days ago and they gave me a iPhone 8 instead of a j3 for $0 down. The plan was $45 for 6gb though.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 13, 2013
1009 posts
1751 upvotes
Kingston, ON
Darkstar1987 wrote: It never went away... You just need to buy a virgin prepaid SIM and activate it. The offer is loaded onto the account immediately. I did it a few days ago and they gave me a iPhone 8 instead of a j3 for $0 down. The plan was $45 for 6gb though.
OP is correct this is a migration deal which was offered to me after signing up for prepaid VM. But you need to wait 1 month minimum before actual being able to get it. and I did hear that the J3 is interchangeable with the iPhone 6s maybe even the 7 but I have trouble believing they offered you the 8 with this deal as that is not a "Silver" level phone. This deal pretty much gets you any Silver level device with Virgin with this offer. Pretty hot offer in my opinion.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Aug 27, 2014
6231 posts
2511 upvotes
Canuckland
No dice, “it doesn’t exist”

Clearly this is only a migration plan that can be gotten by porting from prepaid
Last edited by DealCanuck on Aug 17th, 2019 10:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 13, 2013
1009 posts
1751 upvotes
Kingston, ON
Darkstar1987 wrote: It never went away... You just need to buy a virgin prepaid SIM and activate it. The offer is loaded onto the account immediately. I did it a few days ago and they gave me a iPhone 8 instead of a j3 for $0 down. The plan was $45 for 6gb though.
so to clarify there are two offers I am aware of when you sign up for virgin prepaid and wait a month (Lucky mobile too I think):

they offer you to migrate to Virgin post paid for either:

$40/month 6gb data with unlimited calling texting voicemail caller ID call waiting etc

or

$45/month 6gb data with unlimited calling texting voicemail caller ID call waiting etc AND the Samsung J3 or pretty much any other Silver plan level device. iPhone 7 is now on Silver level as of this week. iPhone 8 is still on Gold level though.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 13, 2013
1009 posts
1751 upvotes
Kingston, ON
DealCanuck wrote: No dice, “it doesn’t exist”

Clearly this is only a migration plan that can be gotten by porting from prepaid
yes but it can exist for you if you just grab a Virgin or Lucky sim at the store or even Dollarama I think for even cheaper. Activate a cheap prepaid plan and wait 30+ days for the offer to be loaded to your account. I recommend migrating at Walmart or Mobile Shop as they may even throw you a gift card as incentive. @NavieM knows the deal he can confirm what I'm saying.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Aug 27, 2014
6231 posts
2511 upvotes
Canuckland
ips1177 wrote: yes but it can exist for you if you just grab a Virgin or Lucky sim at the store or even Dollarama I think for even cheaper. Activate a cheap prepaid plan and wait 30+ days for the offer to be loaded to your account. I recommend migrating at Walmart or Mobile Shop as they may even throw you a gift card as incentive. @NavieM knows the deal he can confirm what I'm saying.
But You’d have to spend a month paying pay as you go, port out of your current line and port in.

Each porting is $35
Jr. Member
Feb 10, 2018
173 posts
269 upvotes
actually Im a new VM customer,and I got this deal,

how I got it was with phone rep, escalated to a manager after there was a screw up with my original contract they offered me 40 for 6gb for 2 lines,

was crap house luck for me,
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 13, 2013
1009 posts
1751 upvotes
Kingston, ON
DealCanuck wrote: But You’d have to spend a month paying pay as you go, port out of your current line and port in.

Each porting is $35
Lucky SIM is like $4 @ dollarama Virgin sim possible as well. Sign up for cheap $15 plan....so you've spent $20 or so. Then twiddle your thumbs for a month and wait for the offer to be loaded to your prepaid account. The $35 activation fee is said to be waived for this pre to post port.

I just don't understand why people bite for these telecom carriers on these inflated prices. Like $75/10gb BYOD is a rip off with Rogers Bell Telus. $45/6gb and a device is so much better and you're getting a device with it. With a little patience you can have $45/6gb going forward for the foreseeable future....this is a hot deal for the current market.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
3292 posts
5564 upvotes
Activate lucky mobile $15 plan and wait 35 days. Temporary number is fine.
This just means you may have to pay a $35 port fee after migrating the temp number to Virgin. Gift cards will make up for it anyway

SIM is always free with activation at Walmart.

Migrate to Lucky and get silver plan with GC (back to school offers will be done by then though, so better off waiting till Black Friday or Boxing Day)
only need to top up once. Offers will still load if the account is suspended (max 6 months)
Last edited by NavieM on Aug 17th, 2019 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Public Mobile customer
Newbie
User avatar
Jan 18, 2015
19 posts
5 upvotes
Etobicoke, ON
I actually was switching from Freedom to Virgin yesterday and this is what they offered me

iPhone XR $249 down
$65 a month (6GB)
$10 off my plan for the first year.
2 year contract.

Im pretty happy.
- The rich get richer
[OP]
Jr. Member
User avatar
Sep 16, 2017
176 posts
170 upvotes
DealCanuck wrote: No dice, “it doesn’t exist”

Clearly this is only a migration plan that can be gotten by porting from prepaid
No really. My family was upgraded from BYOD plan as well, has been with Virgin for few years. Guess it depends on who you deal with.
Jr. Member
Nov 23, 2013
124 posts
329 upvotes
cjfnba wrote: No really. My family was upgraded from BYOD plan as well, has been with Virgin for few years. Guess it depends on who you deal with.
Got it. I have a Virgin BYOP Plan. Called got $40 - 6gb plan. Very happy. Thanks OP

Top