• Aug 29th, 2019 10:06 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Sep 16, 2017
20 posts
46 upvotes

[VirginMobile.ca] YMMV: Virgin Mobile $40 - 6G + Unlimited Calls

Just got online chat with Virgin yesterday and they offered this plan to old customers, not sure about new customers. Maybe anyone else is interested in .....
Last edited by cjfnba on Aug 17th, 2019 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
115 replies
Jul 5, 2004
73 posts
61 upvotes
Toronto
Would add a YMMV since this isn't open to the public.
Dec 22, 2001
417 posts
181 upvotes
cjfnba wrote:
Aug 17th, 2019 8:02 am
Just got online chat with Virgin yesterday and they offered this plan to old customers, not sure about new customers. Maybe anyone else is interested in .....
What Province?
Feb 28, 2002
557 posts
5 upvotes
GTA
Just tried this and works (NL), I was on BYOP40 4GB and online chat rep upgraded to BYOP40 6GB
Nov 21, 2018
4 posts
5 upvotes
It never went away... You just need to buy a virgin prepaid SIM and activate it. The offer is loaded onto the account immediately. I did it a few days ago and they gave me a iPhone 8 instead of a j3 for $0 down. The plan was $45 for 6gb though.
Nov 13, 2013
809 posts
1425 upvotes
Kingston, ON
Darkstar1987 wrote:
Aug 17th, 2019 9:35 am
It never went away... You just need to buy a virgin prepaid SIM and activate it. The offer is loaded onto the account immediately. I did it a few days ago and they gave me a iPhone 8 instead of a j3 for $0 down. The plan was $45 for 6gb though.
OP is correct this is a migration deal which was offered to me after signing up for prepaid VM. But you need to wait 1 month minimum before actual being able to get it. and I did hear that the J3 is interchangeable with the iPhone 6s maybe even the 7 but I have trouble believing they offered you the 8 with this deal as that is not a "Silver" level phone. This deal pretty much gets you any Silver level device with Virgin with this offer. Pretty hot offer in my opinion.
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2014
4855 posts
1576 upvotes
Canuckland
No dice, “it doesn’t exist”

Clearly this is only a migration plan that can be gotten by porting from prepaid
Last edited by DealCanuck on Aug 17th, 2019 10:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Nov 13, 2013
809 posts
1425 upvotes
Kingston, ON
Darkstar1987 wrote:
Aug 17th, 2019 9:35 am
so to clarify there are two offers I am aware of when you sign up for virgin prepaid and wait a month (Lucky mobile too I think):

they offer you to migrate to Virgin post paid for either:

$40/month 6gb data with unlimited calling texting voicemail caller ID call waiting etc

or

$45/month 6gb data with unlimited calling texting voicemail caller ID call waiting etc AND the Samsung J3 or pretty much any other Silver plan level device. iPhone 7 is now on Silver level as of this week. iPhone 8 is still on Gold level though.
Nov 13, 2013
809 posts
1425 upvotes
Kingston, ON
DealCanuck wrote:
Aug 17th, 2019 10:18 am
No dice, “it doesn’t exist”

Clearly this is only a migration plan that can be gotten by porting from prepaid
yes but it can exist for you if you just grab a Virgin or Lucky sim at the store or even Dollarama I think for even cheaper. Activate a cheap prepaid plan and wait 30+ days for the offer to be loaded to your account. I recommend migrating at Walmart or Mobile Shop as they may even throw you a gift card as incentive. @NavieM knows the deal he can confirm what I'm saying.
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2014
4855 posts
1576 upvotes
Canuckland
ips1177 wrote:
Aug 17th, 2019 10:31 am
yes but it can exist for you if you just grab a Virgin or Lucky sim at the store or even Dollarama I think for even cheaper. Activate a cheap prepaid plan and wait 30+ days for the offer to be loaded to your account. I recommend migrating at Walmart or Mobile Shop as they may even throw you a gift card as incentive. @NavieM knows the deal he can confirm what I'm saying.
But You’d have to spend a month paying pay as you go, port out of your current line and port in.

Each porting is $35
Feb 10, 2018
100 posts
176 upvotes
actually Im a new VM customer,and I got this deal,

how I got it was with phone rep, escalated to a manager after there was a screw up with my original contract they offered me 40 for 6gb for 2 lines,

was crap house luck for me,
Nov 13, 2013
809 posts
1425 upvotes
Kingston, ON
DealCanuck wrote:
Aug 17th, 2019 10:36 am
But You’d have to spend a month paying pay as you go, port out of your current line and port in.

Each porting is $35
Lucky SIM is like $4 @ dollarama Virgin sim possible as well. Sign up for cheap $15 plan....so you've spent $20 or so. Then twiddle your thumbs for a month and wait for the offer to be loaded to your prepaid account. The $35 activation fee is said to be waived for this pre to post port.

I just don't understand why people bite for these telecom carriers on these inflated prices. Like $75/10gb BYOD is a rip off with Rogers Bell Telus. $45/6gb and a device is so much better and you're getting a device with it. With a little patience you can have $45/6gb going forward for the foreseeable future....this is a hot deal for the current market.