• Last Updated:
  • Aug 29th, 2019 10:06 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
2536 posts
2950 upvotes
Activate lucky mobile $15 plan and wait 35 days. Temporary number is fine.
This just means you may have to pay a $35 port fee after migrating the temp number to Virgin. Gift cards will make up for it anyway

SIM is always free with activation at Walmart.

Migrate to Lucky and get silver plan with GC (back to school offers will be done by then though, so better off waiting till Black Friday or Boxing Day)
only need to top up once. Offers will still load if the account is suspended (max 6 months)
Last edited by NavieM on Aug 17th, 2019 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Koodo, Fido, Telus, Public Mobile, Virgin customer.
Jan 18, 2015
10 posts
4 upvotes
Etobicoke, ON
I actually was switching from Freedom to Virgin yesterday and this is what they offered me

iPhone XR $249 down
$65 a month (6GB)
$10 off my plan for the first year.
2 year contract.

Im pretty happy.
- The rich get richer
[OP]
Sep 16, 2017
21 posts
48 upvotes
DealCanuck wrote: No dice, “it doesn’t exist”

Clearly this is only a migration plan that can be gotten by porting from prepaid
No really. My family was upgraded from BYOD plan as well, has been with Virgin for few years. Guess it depends on who you deal with.
Nov 23, 2013
88 posts
272 upvotes
cjfnba wrote:
Aug 17th, 2019 11:04 am
No really. My family was upgraded from BYOD plan as well, has been with Virgin for few years. Guess it depends on who you deal with.
Got it. I have a Virgin BYOP Plan. Called got $40 - 6gb plan. Very happy. Thanks OP
Jan 30, 2019
4 posts
Thanks OP. Messaged customer support chat for existing mobile clients. Asked for this plan and one out of two of my lines were eligible. I had to mention it was a promotional rate and they were able to find it.
Oct 17, 2017
62 posts
76 upvotes
Ottawa
I was able to get Virgin 50$ plan with a 10$ discount for 12 months by chatting. 4GB with 500mins talktime. New customer.
Deal Addict
Jan 15, 2017
2536 posts
1856 upvotes
Just got off chat with Virgin. I have a long time customer with 2 lines and asked for this deal for both lines. Neither line was eligible. Strike out for me :-)
Jun 11, 2012
115 posts
19 upvotes
Toronto
kevinthestan wrote:
Aug 17th, 2019 11:03 am
I actually was switching from Freedom to Virgin yesterday and this is what they offered me

iPhone XR $249 down
$65 a month (6GB)
$10 off my plan for the first year.
2 year contract.

Im pretty happy.
Would you share where and how you got this deal? Thanks.
Jul 8, 2019
36 posts
12 upvotes
What do you guys tell them on chat to change your plans?
Dec 23, 2001
652 posts
36 upvotes
Thanks OP! Been hesitant to give up my 10GB $56 plan but my usage dictated I was paying for nothing. Got my wife and I on this plan; I'll be fine with less data and she actually gets more + off her current 500min plan for the same amount of money. Sweet deal!

I tried chat first, was told that it was a promotional offer that only the loyalty team could give. So I called, mentioned that and she referenced the chat. She said it was a deal only a manager could give, so she put me on hold for a bit. While I was on hold was when I clued in to asking about my wife's line so she went back to check eligibility and thankfully, was able to add it too.
Heat: 159-0-0
Dec 20, 2008
67 posts
76 upvotes
I'm on hold right now and they seem clueless on this deal. Any advice to make this go smoothly?
May 22, 2018
135 posts
209 upvotes
Been with Virgin since 2011 now and after talking to both live chat + loyalty over the phone, both said they can't see the offer and can't match it at all. I'm on $40 for 4 GB but the extra 2 GB would have been nice. Kinda sucks that they never approve my account for these kinds of plans once they see the plan I'm already on. All I ever get is "The plan you're on is already our best"...no, the 6GB for $40 plan is the best Angry Face
Nov 19, 2015
1 posts
Kanata, ON
NavieM wrote:
Aug 17th, 2019 11:02 am
Activate lucky mobile $15 plan and wait 35 days. Temporary number is fine.
This just means you may have to pay a $35 port fee after migrating the temp number to Virgin. Gift cards will make up for it anyway

SIM is always free with activation at Walmart.

Migrate to Lucky and get silver plan with GC (back to school offers will be done by then though, so better off waiting till Black Friday or Boxing Day)
only need to top up once. Offers will still load if the account is suspended (max 6 months)
Hi,
Do you mean the GC when migrating temp number to Virgin only happen in back to school season or Black Friday or Boxing Day?
And would migrating from Virgin Prepaid to Virgin Plan still get the GC? Does this migrating have to be done in Walmart or Virgin store or any other phone store in order to get the GC?

Many thanks
Aug 23, 2017
42 posts
34 upvotes
Got transferred to loyalty and no one had any idea what I was referring to. They could only offer me $75 for 15 GB.

I am currently on a $65 plan with 10gb and don;'t even use all of it. Can anyone provide some more info? What province?