Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
VirginMobile.ca

YMMV: Virgin Mobile $40 - 6G + Unlimited Calls

  • Last Updated:
  • Aug 29th, 2019 10:06 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 9, 2012
2938 posts
797 upvotes
Toronto
cbrunett wrote: I’m in Ontario with one line. Got the deal through loyalty. They had to get managers approval.
same here, got in touch with outbound loyalty and they had to get their managers approval. seems to stack with data addons too.
Jr. Member
May 2, 2013
139 posts
319 upvotes
St. John's
Got it in NL. Did not need to escalate or have the plan's name. I've been on a Silver BYOP plan for forever (no prepaid, Lucky, etc.) Nice when something finally goes smoothly!
Newbie
Feb 13, 2018
82 posts
78 upvotes
Just talked to the rep. Took 2min to change to 6gb - 40$ (was paying 50$ for 6gb before). I am in ON. Can't possibly understand why they don't just make it available online for everyone.
Capture.JPG
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2008
1756 posts
488 upvotes
GTA
oliv3r wrote: Just talked to the rep. Took 2min to change to 6gb - 40$ (was paying 50$ for 6gb before). I am in ON. Can't possibly understand why they don't just make it available online for everyone.
Capture.JPG
Did you talk to a regular CSR or loyalty? I spoke to both yesterday and they both told me that no such plan exists.
Jr. Member
Feb 14, 2010
155 posts
61 upvotes
Beaumont
Success in Alberta! I was on BYOP $55 for 4GB.

I started a chat this morning with an agent who found the plan, but told me I'd have to call customer service and request loyalty department. I did so. The loyalty department claimed there was no such plan offered by Virgin.

I went back into online chat and the agent was able to quickly find it and add it to my plan. I didn't have to call loyalty.

The name of the plan is:
BYOP 40 - 6GB - unlimited call and text for $40

It seems persistence is the key here!
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 9, 2012
2938 posts
797 upvotes
Toronto
therollin wrote: same here, got in touch with outbound loyalty and they had to get their managers approval. seems to stack with data addons too.
Called back in and got switched to the 45$ 6gb silver plan.
Member
Mar 15, 2004
420 posts
16 upvotes
Trying as I write this, have been on ThunderBay plan rolled out about a decade ago, $50 0 6gb and unlimited calls plus 10% off for bring in device. Recently they increased rate by $5 to $50plus taxes. call is being escalated, lets see what happens.
Newbie
Aug 19, 2019
9 posts
9 upvotes
Was able to get this in ON. I asked to be transferred to Loyalty since the regular CSR couldn't find the offer. Loyalty had a long wait line, I hung up and called again. CSR next time was able to find the offer and apply to my account. I am a BYOD customer with Virgin mobile for less than 2 months. Thanks OP.
Newbie
Feb 13, 2018
82 posts
78 upvotes
dieselboy27 wrote: Did you talk to a regular CSR or loyalty? I spoke to both yesterday and they both told me that no such plan exists.
regular rep through the chats website. Honestly, I was surprised when she said “yeah this plan is available on my end”, I just never get those plans.
Member
Mar 24, 2008
245 posts
88 upvotes
Halifax
Tried through chat, rep couldn't find he plan. Called in and got loyalty, rep said no such plan existed and implied I was smoking something to even think that there was.

Will call again tomorrow!
Deal Addict
Aug 26, 2004
3386 posts
636 upvotes
Toronto
kavatski wrote: Tried through chat, rep couldn't find he plan. Called in and got loyalty, rep said no such plan existed and implied I was smoking something to even think that there was.

Will call again tomorrow!
Yep, same old Virgin Mobile that I'm familiar with after so many years on being on the TB plan. Attitude and useless with solving any problems you may encounter.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
44577 posts
7786 upvotes
Any chances of downgrading to this plan with a higher data tier?
Blanka
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 18, 2004
2057 posts
295 upvotes
Toronto
kavatski wrote: Tried through chat, rep couldn't find he plan. Called in and got loyalty, rep said no such plan existed and implied I was smoking something to even think that there was.

Will call again tomorrow!
Any luck?
I got routed to loyalty and they were useless.
Jr. Member
Dec 8, 2007
105 posts
59 upvotes
Called in, CSR transferred me straight to loyalty when I brought up the plan but loyalty shut me down really quick. She claimed it is only for getting prepaid people to switch to monthly plans.

Went on chat shortly after and referenced the "byop 40 - 6gb" promotional rate and got it. I am on another byop plan currently and have been with virgin for a few years now.
Member
Mar 24, 2008
245 posts
88 upvotes
Halifax
rockthecasbah wrote: Any luck?
I got routed to loyalty and they were useless.
Nope, I'm zero for three attempts so far. Just got off chat again and this rep admitted the plan exists but said it wasn't available to him and suggested I go to a store. I'm willing to put a little more effort into it so will try again, but the dent in my forehead from banging it against the wall is getting deeper.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Aug 27, 2014
7516 posts
3693 upvotes
Canuckland
Phewl81 wrote: Success in Alberta! I was on BYOP $55 for 4GB.

I started a chat this morning with an agent who found the plan, but told me I'd have to call customer service and request loyalty department. I did so. The loyalty department claimed there was no such plan offered by Virgin.

I went back into online chat and the agent was able to quickly find it and add it to my plan. I didn't have to call loyalty.

The name of the plan is:
BYOP 40 - 6GB - unlimited call and text for $40

It seems persistence is the key here!
still no dice, from ON
Newbie
Jul 16, 2019
30 posts
32 upvotes
This should be a migration deal. I am having the same deal from Bell when I ported from Lucky. I chose BYOD at that time, and I believe the phone deal they offered then was Huawei P20 Pro $55 for 6GB
Mobile: Bell - $40 - 6GB + unlimited mins & texts
Internet: Rogers - $25 - 75M unlimited
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Aug 27, 2014
7516 posts
3693 upvotes
Canuckland
Called for the 5th time, finally got it
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 6, 2009
2103 posts
565 upvotes
Toronto
Can new customer get this plan? Anyone successful with that?
Member
Dec 22, 2001
449 posts
205 upvotes
Tried chat, no luck, was told to try loyalty. Called in and wasn't offered at first, but CSR said he'd check with a specialty adviser(?) or something, managed to get it applied after one phone call about 20 minutes. Thanks OP!

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)