Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
VirginMobile.ca

YMMV: Virgin Mobile $40 - 6G + Unlimited Calls

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 29th, 2019 10:06 am
Tags:
None
Mar 15, 2004
420 posts
16 upvotes
I'm being denied for the second time, the first time was call in and for the second I started with web chat then escalation and ended up with a tier about escalation.
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2006
1443 posts
1935 upvotes
can you please give more detail ? thanks
Darkstar1987 wrote: It never went away... You just need to buy a virgin prepaid SIM and activate it. The offer is loaded onto the account immediately. I did it a few days ago and they gave me a iPhone 8 instead of a j3 for $0 down. The plan was $45 for 6gb though.
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2013
1009 posts
1753 upvotes
Kingston, ON
ben2003 wrote: can you please give more detail ? thanks
I have this 45$/6gb + j3 offer on my prepaid virgin too....i've heard the j3 is interchangeable with iphone 6s or 7 but no way they gave you the iphone 8 $0 down. You got this iPhone 8 at virgin kiosk or walmart or bestbuy or The Mobile Shop??
Feb 4, 2009
362 posts
107 upvotes
Calgary
We currently have 2 lines with Virgin for my wife and daughter. I have a work phone, but am quitting as we are moving away. I need a new phone/plan. I wonder if I should just buy an unlocked phone off ebay and get a sim card for the new area code. Then try this? Or will it be too late by then lol.
Jul 10, 2019
2 posts
Man I have no clue how some of you get these plans. TBH, I'm surprised virgin is offering this, normally all I see are PM and Koodo offering these crazy deals. About time they have more aggressive offers. I did online chat and all I got was "Upon checking here, the $40 BYOP plan we currently has consist only of 1GB of data and to be honest, we don't have that kind of offer yet via chat". I am in QC, currently a $40 BYOP for 3gb, 6 year customer.
Nov 26, 2003
464 posts
49 upvotes
Toronto
Three tries and no luck. Have a PM sim in hand, will be porting over to their $40 5GB plan.
No more lodgers - more trouble than they're worth!
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
13790 posts
2933 upvotes
Vancouver
Former customer. Chatted online. No deal. I’ll call loyalty and see if they can offer a better deal than I have. With any luck a deal like the OP posted.
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
13790 posts
2933 upvotes
Vancouver
Such a game lol luckily I’m spending my time at work trying to get a better deal than I have with a different provider.

Second chat gave me a slightly better deal than the first agent. Kinda entertaining at this point.

I guess they all have some leeway because every offer is a bit different.

Third time I’ll call loyalty and see.
Jan 25, 2017
4 posts
4 upvotes
I tried so many times too and got tired, then eventually switched to PM when they had $50 for 8.5 gb and $10 off for 6 months promotion yesterday.
Speed is surprisingly fast and have no regrets!
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
13790 posts
2933 upvotes
Vancouver
I’m trying to have fun with this and getting a good deal of course but third time I called. Asked for loyalty. Passed onto loyalty. Agent came back and referred me to another department. Very business like gentleman on the line. I thought maybe this guy was higher up in the chain. Wrong lol. He offered me the same deal as the online agent lol.

I have a feeling the loyalty agent brushed me off because I wasn’t an existing customer. I am an old customer back in 2017.

Oh well . My day will continue.

Good luck everyone .
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2018
1445 posts
1627 upvotes
QC, Canada
For a moment the title had me confused: 6G! :D (5G is just coming in!)
Last edited by sid8tive on Aug 22nd, 2019 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 18, 2007
10 posts
I was able to get this plan as an Alberta customer.

Tried on Chat first and was directed to call in. It took maybe 10 min.
Dec 20, 2008
73 posts
77 upvotes
I tried numerous times and the best I could get the online agent to give me was BYOD $55 for 6 gigs/unlimited calling. He did offer me $50 for 6gigs and 500 mins. Which is ridiculous because online they have 7 gigs/500mins for $60 or 7gigs/unlimited calling $65. Very weird pricing structure and very confusing.
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
13790 posts
2933 upvotes
Vancouver
Ya best I got was $65 I think for 7gb minus $10 for 12 months.
Mar 15, 2004
420 posts
16 upvotes
After 3 attempts I was told his promo is for new customers only. Were I to get a new line activated, completely separate from my current virgin account, I guess I can port over my current number to the new account later on?
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
13790 posts
2933 upvotes
Vancouver
Tik wrote: After 3 attempts I was told his promo is for new customers only. Were I to get a new line activated, completely separate from my current virgin account, I guess I can port over my current number to the new account later on?
They tell everyone something different. I wouldn’t believed them lol
Jul 10, 2019
144 posts
73 upvotes
Markham
northernale1 wrote: actually Im a new VM customer,and I got this deal,

how I got it was with phone rep, escalated to a manager after there was a screw up with my original contract they offered me 40 for 6gb for 2 lines,

was crap house luck for me,
Sorry, which number did you call?
Ask not the penguin how the falcon soars!