Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
VirginMobile.ca

YMMV: Virgin Mobile $40 - 6G + Unlimited Calls

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 29th, 2019 10:06 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2013
1009 posts
1753 upvotes
Kingston, ON
any outsider who wants this plan or the $45/6gb plan with silver device (j3, iPhone 6s etc) just activate a virgin prepaid account with a cheap plan for one month.....log in to your online prepaid virgin profile and you might see an offer on there or wait a month + and call or go to virgin kiosk and they should be able to see these offers on there. YMMV of course but worth a shot for buying a sim and cheap $10 or $15 plan in hopes you'll get the migration offer from pre to post.
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
13790 posts
2933 upvotes
Vancouver
Mmm might try that for Fun.

Cost would be around $20? If nothing materializes I can cancel?
Nov 25, 2018
175 posts
104 upvotes
Technically yes. Pre pay plans means you chose to buy the next month. So u just stop buying it for the following month if it doednt work out
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
13790 posts
2933 upvotes
Vancouver
broogie wrote: Technically yes. Pre pay plans means you chose to buy the next month. So u just stop buying it for the following month if it doednt work out
Ok I might try it lol .
Aug 6, 2018
217 posts
52 upvotes
Wanted to try to get this plan, but, worried that at the end VM will be increasing the price every year. A few years ago, I was on $40 for 4GB, but VM increasing the price every year for $5 until it reach $50 for 4GB this year and I switch to Koodo $45 for 4GB.

Anyone here experiencing the same with VM where they increasing their price every year?
Sep 1, 2009
351 posts
289 upvotes
gta
Just went to virgin mobile location near me ( the source) and found out as a lucky customer We are eligible for 18 different pre to post promos.

What attract me was BYOP 30$-2gb and 40$ -6gb plans. They also had 35$ 2gb silver plan and 50$ -8gb BYOP plan as well.

I am so happy that lucky served it’s purpose while keeping my monthly cost down.

So far 4.52 for SIM card. 28.25 for 1gb data and 200 LD minutes and 28.25 for another month minus 20$ dollar Rama gift card = 41.02 for two months of usage + 2gb data + 400 LD minutes is what I have spend so far on lucky. And as soon as end of the billing comes I will jump to virgin 40$ plan :) or even 30$ 2gb plan if possible keeping my total monthly cellphone bill around 1$ a day :)
“I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.”-John Galt 😎
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
13790 posts
2933 upvotes
Vancouver
Huh lucky ? I’m confused.

How were you a “lucky customer” lol

Oh wait Lucky mobile? Which I really never heard of until a few weeks ago.
Mar 15, 2004
420 posts
16 upvotes
trellaine201 wrote: Huh lucky ? I’m confused.

How were you a “lucky customer” lol

Oh wait Lucky mobile? Which I really never heard of until a few weeks ago.
Yes, rep at local Walmart wireless advised the same that offer is for a month old Lucky mobile customers only. $25 to start a prepaid for month and after that move to Virgin Mobile. This BOYP 40 has been on going for a few months now so it will less likely to disappear soon anytime... not sure to wait till next week for a y better promo or get Lucky Mobile in hope to get Virgin plan....
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
13790 posts
2933 upvotes
Vancouver
Re. Pre paid plans. Do I buy a SIM. Then signup and activate the SIM? Picking a plan. I’ve never had a prepaid plan.

I talked to an agent online and he never answered my question . Instead directed me to call.

Thanks
May 2, 2017
154 posts
184 upvotes
If you have no luck getting this plan at the carrier's retail store, I find the best alternative is checking out a 3rd party wireless retailer. I was looking for a BYOD 6gb data + unlimited talk postpaid plan a couple of months ago, and Wow Mobile here in BC not only offered me one for $40/month, but also the option to choose VM or Fido. There were VM and Fido stores in the same mall and neither had a 6gb plan at this price or less. I was not with VM or Fido at the time but I am not a brand new customer of either. I ended up going with Fido because it came with 1000mins of national talk time, which for my monthly usage is equivalent to unlimited, plus another 1000mins of international LD to select countries that I do regularly make use of.

Anyway point is, I think 3rd party retailers are more willing to throw in any discount codes they know of before you even ask, while official stores tend to stubbornly stick within some kind of boundaries no matter how much you ask. It really comes down to whoever is more desperate to get the deal done.
Apr 1, 2007
492 posts
224 upvotes
Toronto
trellaine201 wrote: Re. Pre paid plans. Do I buy a SIM. Then signup and activate the SIM? Picking a plan. I’ve never had a prepaid plan.

I talked to an agent online and he never answered my question . Instead directed me to call.

Thanks
I activated my Lucky Mobile prepaid line in store, but You can do it online as well.
Apr 1, 2007
492 posts
224 upvotes
Toronto
Darkstar1987 wrote: It never went away... You just need to buy a virgin prepaid SIM and activate it. The offer is loaded onto the account immediately. I did it a few days ago and they gave me a iPhone 8 instead of a j3 for $0 down. The plan was $45 for 6gb though.
Yup, I got this text in June, almost one month after my Lucky Mobile activation:

Free Lucky msg: Our friends @ Virgin Mobile are offering you a Samsung Galaxy A20 for $0 w/6GB of data & UNLIM CDN talk/text for $45/mo on a 2yr plan! Plus, they'll even waive the activation fee! Offer ends ...
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
13790 posts
2933 upvotes
Vancouver
Mmmmmm tempting.

So buy a lucky sim or virgin and activate and see what happens ?

Thanks
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
13790 posts
2933 upvotes
Vancouver
I guess with prepaid virgin plan they attach a phone number when activating the prepaid sim? I currently use Kooodo month to month . I’d rather not lose my number if virgin decide to offer me 6gb/$45

Thanks
May 29, 2008
146 posts
91 upvotes
Toronto
Got it by calling in. My father's plan is from BC and I called from ON for him. Switched from $65/10gb to $40/6gb. Called to customers service and asked to be directed to loyalty. Said i'm going to cancel since it was too much. The rep said they will change it.
Dec 16, 2015
474 posts
582 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Called in for this and told I didn’t qualify, and was offered $75 for 15gb instead ... this really happened
Feb 16, 2019
7 posts
1 upvote
Guys,

Hows VM network in GTA ?

Am with Fido now

Thanks
Nov 12, 2017
24 posts
1 upvote
So I got this yesterday. I bought the Sim card on Thursday night at a Dollarama and went yesterday to Walmart to get the deal. They happily switched the J3 for a Huawei p30 lite or any silver plan phone. The deal didn't show up on their deals and it took 3 HOURS for them to figure it out after being on the phone with VM. Haha it was an experience for sure... There was a deal this weekend though where I got a $150 GC ($100 for the phone and $50 for buying a cheap $3 accessory). I would say in the end it was worth getting such a cheap plan with 6gb and unlimited calling/texting and a free phone plus gift card.

Today tried to get the plan for my husband and suddenly they were saying he hadn't had his sim for long enough (aka a month). They never asked me this yesterday so I think they just didn't want to go through the trouble again.

I guess we'll have to try a different Walmart, Bestbuy or maybe a mall kiosk for him.
Feb 15, 2010
95 posts
15 upvotes
Thanks! I am a VM BYOP customer and I just went onto chat and asked to change to the BYOP $40.Agent found it right away and changed my plan. Took a few minutes.
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2016
1047 posts
666 upvotes
GTA
Seraaj wrote: Guys,

Hows VM network in GTA ?

Am with Fido now

Thanks
Excellent
DakilangMangingibig