Expired Hot Deals

[VirginMobile.ca] YMMV: Virgin Mobile $40 - 6G + Unlimited Calls

  • Last Updated:
  • Aug 29th, 2019 10:06 am
Tags:
None
Member
Apr 16, 2013
209 posts
202 upvotes
Surrey
Seraaj wrote: Guys,

Hows VM network in GTA ?

Am with Fido now

Thanks
Virgin doesn't have a network of its own, Since Virgin is owned by Bell its uses the Bellus Network which is way better then the Rogers Network.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
2950 posts
3605 upvotes
trellaine201 wrote: If I buy and activate a lucky mobile sim do I need to use it to get possible migration offers? Or will it notify me within my online account ?

Thanks
no
activate and leave it for 35ish days and then go into store and see what offers are loaded on your account

i have 4 or 5 sim cards I activated sitting around, unused, but all have offers to migrate on them currently
Koodo, Fido, Telus, Public Mobile, Virgin customer.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 18, 2004
1905 posts
182 upvotes
Toronto
such failure. I called twice and chatted once, all no go. The second time I called in, they said "you already talked to loyalty". They are making notes on our accounts??? Yet others here have called 5 times. WTF.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 13, 2013
1009 posts
1750 upvotes
Kingston, ON
NavieM wrote: no
activate and leave it for 35ish days and then go into store and see what offers are loaded on your account

i have 4 or 5 sim cards I activated sitting around, unused, but all have offers to migrate on them currently
oh I thought it was on the 31st day you could go to migrate. no biggie. Do you think these migration deals with go away any time soon? Like is it safe to wait until Black Friday? I just wanna wait til around that time to compare this migration deal with the black friday deals....because I sure as sh*t don't see any special back to school deals that catch my attention these days....
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
2950 posts
3605 upvotes
ips1177 wrote: oh I thought it was on the 31st day you could go to migrate. no biggie. Do you think these migration deals with go away any time soon? Like is it safe to wait until Black Friday? I just wanna wait til around that time to compare this migration deal with the black friday deals....because I sure as sh*t don't see any special back to school deals that catch my attention these days....
I thought so too, but I tried with all my lines on day 31 and none of them ever got the promos. All of them took, at minimum, 35 days for some reason.

I haven't heard anything about them getting removed but who knows, since they randomly got rid of the $15 migration plan without notice.

The $15 one was added after all the rest, though, but the regular migration plans ($25+) have been available for about a year now
Koodo, Fido, Telus, Public Mobile, Virgin customer.
Member
Nov 20, 2017
386 posts
282 upvotes
If you activate SIM prepaid to migrate, can you port your other phone number to the migration plan once that's done? I'm interested but don't want a new number
Don't go broke saving
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 29, 2011
1150 posts
524 upvotes
The 6ix
Jordanferras wrote: If you activate SIM prepaid to migrate, can you port your other phone number to the migration plan once that's done? I'm interested but don't want a new number
I'm on the same boat. Would like to know as well
Member
Apr 7, 2017
216 posts
142 upvotes
Brantford
I believe you can get new dummy number while migrating to virgin port your original number
Newbie
Aug 27, 2019
13 posts
16 upvotes
Yep that works

Got a dummy lucky sim, aged it for ~35 days ported temp lucky # to virgin, then later in the afternoon called to port my main Rogers number over. Done in 30 min after calling
Newbie
Jul 10, 2019
49 posts
8 upvotes
Didn't it cost $35 to port after activation (on top of the 35 for the activation?)
Ask not the penguin how the falcon soars!
Jr. Member
Jun 6, 2017
131 posts
40 upvotes
Not sure if this is related. I am with Koodo and needed to add another line, so called them to see if they could offer $40 (for 1st 12 months thereafter $50)+6GB+500 min Virgin plan that is being offered, They could only do $55+6GB plan that is on promo. Asked to speak to retentions/loyalty and got $60+10GB shock free data+Unltd Min. Thought this is better than Virgin as Virgin could change price. Thanks.

Top