Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
VirginMobile.ca

VirginMobile Doubles Data on Select Gold Plans (until Sept 30th)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 25th, 2013 4:00 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8663 upvotes
GTHA

[VirginMobile.ca] VirginMobile Doubles Data on Select Gold Plans (until Sept 30th)

Link: http://www.virginmobile.ca/en/plans/mon ... cid=HM:137

Expires September 30th.

$45/Month now has 400MB
$55/Month now has 1GB
$65/Month now has 2GB
9 replies
Jun 14, 2013
103 posts
14 upvotes
Toronto
Finally things are going back to normal. For a whole 2 months these fools were throwing business
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2005
10986 posts
2800 upvotes
Victoria
Does Virgin give you a discount on gold plans for bringing your own phone?
[OP]
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8663 upvotes
GTHA
zod wrote: Does Virgin give you a discount on gold plans for bringing your own phone?
I do not know.
Only found this regarding BYOD on their website.
"Bring your own phone and get 10% off your monthly plan. Heads-up! Offer available for a limited time only for SIM card activations on a month-to-month agreement with select monthly plans."

You could chat with them online if you do not want to call them.
https://www.virginmobile.ca/en/support/contact-us.html
Jan 29, 2013
86 posts
11 upvotes
zod wrote: Does Virgin give you a discount on gold plans for bringing your own phone?
Yes. I brought my iPhone over when they still had the $39 plan and receive 10% off
May 6, 2010
525 posts
219 upvotes
Ottawa
Keep in mind that if you try to get a new phone (such as the new iPhone) on a gold plan, you will have to pay more for the phone upfront.
The price of 229.99 is only for Platinum plans.
I believe the price for iphone 5s on a gold plan is 450.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2006
8661 posts
3834 upvotes
12 days north of Hop…
PurplePandas wrote: They were just matching the Fido promotion.
And now we're just waiting for Koodo.
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2002
1784 posts
568 upvotes
Toronto
tim.ng07 wrote: Keep in mind that if you try to get a new phone (such as the new iPhone) on a gold plan, you will have to pay more for the phone upfront.
The price of 229.99 is only for Platinum plans.
I believe the price for iphone 5s on a gold plan is 450.
I called a store, they said you have to buy a 5S outright if you choose the gold plan?! Only Platinum plan you can get the subsidy.

Aside: It's all a moot point, since iPhone 5Ss are out of stock for the rest of the month, and this promo ends in 5 days.
How I try to save money: Zoomer Wireless $36 4GB LTE / Teksavvy rCable $68 150 / Freephoneline $0 / No TV! / Flipp
How I try to make money: Amex Cobalt / GCR / Rakuten / Paymi / Ampli / Wealthsimple Mastercard
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2004
8548 posts
2949 upvotes
Mississauga
The crooked buggers are still ripping people off though - these plans are nothing special. At least they aren't whining on the radio, TV and in newspapers anymore.