Students

Virtual High School or ILC?

[OP]
Jun 11, 2009
351 posts

Virtual High School or ILC?

Hey guys

I've been thinking of going back to college for a different program but I don't meet the admission requirements for Math. With work it would be difficult to attend adult school so I've been looking into online courses. I found out about Virtual High School (www.virtualhighschool.com) and wanted to here your opinions. How is it compared to ILC?

If anyone is curious I attended Seneca for Police Foundations a few years ago but that career path didn't pan out. I'd like apply for Computer Networking and Technical Support which requires M/U Grade 11 Math as a minimum and I have Grade 11 Workplace.
3 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2008
2473 posts
1527 upvotes
GTA
Don't know about virtual high school but took a course with ILC in math.

I enjoyed the course overall as the learning was easy enough to follow and directly related to the assignments given. Since most assignments are at your own pace, it's easy to do well enough. Last exam is in-person and should be worth 30%.

If you are motivated enough I don't see why you shouldn't do well taking an ILC course. Also $40 is quite cheap.
Please don’t confuse my kindness for weakness.
Sep 29, 2008
930 posts
191 upvotes
Mississauga
This isn't even close. ILC is easy and virtually free.
Nov 23, 2018
3 posts
3 upvotes
ILC is free. But you get what you pay for.
I didn't try VHS but I've done 2 courses with OVS (ontario virtual school) and got great marks and learned a lot. Their service is the best.