Parenting & Family

Virus/flu symptoms in Toronto - lump in throat? Anyone?

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 22nd, 2015 2:40 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Jan 13, 2014
130 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto, ON

Virus/flu symptoms in Toronto - lump in throat? Anyone?

I want to see if anyone else experiences same symptoms from virus/flu in Toronto. No fever, throat is not red, but you feel like a lump stuck in your throat. Anyone else experience same, or this is different issue?
5 replies
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2005
16730 posts
2408 upvotes
Nesvar wrote: I want to see if anyone else experiences same symptoms from virus/flu in Toronto. No fever, throat is not red, but you feel like a lump stuck in your throat. Anyone else experience same, or this is different issue?
Probably swollen Tonsils; do you have a history of strep throat / throat infections?
[OP]
Jan 13, 2014
130 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Hi, I am not looking for my diagnosis - I already saw 4 doctors and done all necessary tests. I have doctors spend literally multiple hours (!) on this.
I simply want to confirm if there are other people who have virus with these symptoms, that is all.
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2005
16730 posts
2408 upvotes
Nesvar wrote: I simply want to confirm if there are other people who have virus with these symptoms, that is all.
Answer is yes, it's quite common symptom of a throat infection. You should get a referral to a ENT, they can check if your tonsils are overly large.
[OP]
Jan 13, 2014
130 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto, ON
coolspot wrote: Answer is yes, it's quite common symptom of a throat infection. You should get a referral to a ENT, they can check if your tonsils are overly large.
When you have throat infection or tonsils are large, doctor can see that - they see red throat or they see larger tonsils. When nothing is visible, doctors might diagnose "Globus Hystericus". But I also was told that one strain of this year virus/flu produces sensation in throat, but throat is not red and tonsils are normal and voice is normal. I am also told by "friends, friend, cousins, dog walker..." that "half of their department" at work last few weeks got some virus with very similar symptoms: no fever, throat is not red, tonsils normal, but you feel lump in throat. So I am trying to validate if such virus even possible, or diagnosis of "Globus Hystericus" is correct.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)