Tags:
None
[OP]
Aug 12, 2010
620 posts
222 upvotes
Ottawa, Ontario

Visa Airport Companion Program for DragonPass lounge access

The Visa Airport Companion Program for DragonPass lounge access enrolment is now up. You can enrol here: https://visaairportcompanion.ca/home?lang=en

Terms and Infinite cards that are eligible are here: https://visaairportcompanion.ca/terms?lang=en

This is what replaced Priority Pass.
Last edited by starwatcher on Jul 2nd, 2022 12:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
Thanks to all at RedFlagDeals for all the great deals obtained.
Thread Summary
From Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/churningcanada ... lease_faq/

VISA Airport Companion (by Dragon Pass) Release FAQ

Starting today, July 1st, 2022, you can now enrol in VISA Canada’s new permanent lounge program for Select VISA Gold and Infinite Products, along with all VISA Infinite Privilege Products.

You can do this either on the webpage ([https://visaairportcompanion.ca/home?lang=en](https://visaairportcompanion.ca/home?lang=en)) or on the App, which is available on Google Play and the App Store.

**FAQ:**

Q: How do I enter the lounges?

A: You can use your eligible participating and registered VISA credit card or the in-app membership QR Code to obtain access to the lounges.

Q: Will I receive a physical card as I did with Priority Pass?

A: No. The only means to access your membership will be through the app/website and your physical credit card.

Q: Does my Priority Pass membership still work?

A: Maybe. As of this post, I am still able to access all of my Priority Pass accounts and still see the allowed eligible visits in the account. A datapoint will be required to verify whether the lounge access via Priority Pass still works.

Q: Do I need an account for every eligible Visa Card as I did under Priority Pass?

A: Great News, you can combine all your membership allotments into one login! You’ll still be given different membership numbers for each card, but in the membership tab of the app, there will be buttons to switch your membership and add a new membership.

Q: What information is required for registration?

A: Your eligible Visa Card number, expiry, and CVV will be input on the first screen. Your Legal name, phone number, email, and selected password will be requested on the next screen.

Q: What facilities are there available in this program?

A: There are the Plaza Premium Lounges that you know from the temporary program before, along with a number of discounts at retail partners (unknown whether it requires redemption of a visit or simply offered as an additional perk).

Q: I’m an authorized user, do I get my own membership?

A: Yes. You are eligible for your own lounge visit entitlement as a Visa Infinite Privilege Cardholder. I have also tested a supplementary Scotiabank Passport VISA Infinite, and that has also received its own lounge entitlement even after the primary cardholder was registered (formerly limited to primary cardholders)

Any VISA Infinite Privilege, VISA Infinite, and VISA Gold Card that had lounge benefits under Priority Pass have access to the new Dragon Pass program. If you DID NOT have access to Priority Pass and the Temporary VISA Lounge Access Program from 7/1/2021-6/30/2022 through your Card issuer, you WON’T have access to Dragon Pass (VISA Airport Companion).

Examples of eligible cards which DO have Visa lounge privileges: Scotia Passport VI, CIBC Aventura VI/Gold, Desjardin Odyssey VIP. RBC Avion VIP, etc.

Examples of ineligible cards which do NOT have Visa lounge privilege: TD and CIBC Aeroplan Visa/VIP, RBC Avion Visa Infinite/Platinum, Scotia Momentum VI, etc.
98 replies
Jun 23, 2010
347 posts
238 upvotes
North York
Scotiabank Momentum Visa Infinite wasn't eligible
Check my user name on eBay
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2009
2157 posts
1753 upvotes
Ottawa
nonfatalexec wrote: Scotiabank Momentum Visa Infinite wasn't eligible
Infinite privilege not regular infinite. Comes with like $600 annual fees
May 14, 2013
183 posts
147 upvotes
North York
nonfatalexec wrote: Scotiabank Momentum Visa Infinite wasn't eligible
chriscabob wrote: Infinite privilege not regular infinite. Comes with like $600 annual fees
That’s not true. Some Visa and Visa Infinite cards come with the lounge membership for free and might even include complimentary lounge visits as part of the benefits. That being said, the only eligible credit cards from Scotiabank are the Passport Visa Infinite and Passport Visa Infinite Business cards.

https://visaairportcompanion.ca/terms?lang=en
Feb 9, 2020
79 posts
69 upvotes
I can't get past the enter details screen. Airplane just keeps spinning for me then times out.

Anyone else having issues? I know my card is eligible.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2009
2157 posts
1753 upvotes
Ottawa
schung796 wrote: That’s not true. Some Visa and Visa Infinite cards come with the lounge membership for free and might even include complimentary lounge visits as part of the benefits. That being said, the only eligible credit cards from Scotiabank are the Passport Visa Infinite and Passport Visa Infinite Business cards.

https://visaairportcompanion.ca/terms?lang=en
I was simply going off OPs title of infinite privilege. Good to see some lower tier cards are also eligible
Deal Guru
Nov 19, 2010
14716 posts
2425 upvotes
Toronto
texasbruce wrote: Pass is to just get into the lounge. You still have to spend money and get the overpriced mediocre food there.
The food in the lounge is usually free.
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2005
3686 posts
1512 upvotes
Toronto
No lounge options at Atlanta or Panama for my upcoming trip. Seems poor
Dec 15, 2011
238 posts
341 upvotes
Calgary
texasbruce wrote: Pass is to just get into the lounge. You still have to spend money and get the overpriced mediocre food there.
Been traveling though business lounges for like 15 years domestically and internationally and have never paid for a single thing once in a lounge…
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2006
3042 posts
1087 upvotes
Does this replace the other one or in addition ?
Sep 22, 2018
181 posts
393 upvotes
Lmao says who? I have been to over 100 lounges worldwide and never ever heard of that before.
What's the point of getting into a lounge in the first place? To use the washrooms for free and leave afterwards?
Jul 4, 2015
345 posts
183 upvotes
shane636 wrote: I can't get past the enter details screen. Airplane just keeps spinning for me then times out.

Anyone else having issues? I know my card is eligible.
Worked for me. Added both Aventura Gold and Infinite. 4 passes per card.

I wonder if they will allow me to take up to 7 other people in at the same time by using the passes from both cards at the same time.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2006
2505 posts
479 upvotes
Montreal
Clearly someone who's never been to a lounge
Deal Addict
May 2, 2017
1422 posts
2696 upvotes
s'toon
nice that it now includes all the plaza premium; the past few years did not.
i travelled last month and asked a plaza premium if they accept priority pass, they said they do but i cant show the PP pass and they need the physical visa infinite card (aventura).

i did not want to risk it so i just passed.
what typically happens is that your card gets charged as a deposit, but i was skeptical becase the merging was not 100% until July 1 (despite what the PP employee said).
Deal Addict
May 2, 2017
1422 posts
2696 upvotes
s'toon
i have to go thru the terms but it seems like the passes have been restarted back to full as per today?
i used up 2 of 4 and dragonpass shows 4 of 4.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2006
2505 posts
479 upvotes
Montreal
Seanne wrote: i have to go thru the terms but it seems like the passes have been restarted back to full as per today?
i used up 2 of 4 and dragonpass shows 4 of 4.
Yup all the Priority Pass used this year up to now don't count with the switch
Sep 2, 2014
333 posts
536 upvotes
Vancouver
I was able to sign up with my Aventura VI, and see 4 available visits as expected. It does seem to have reset, as I recently used the card to get into a Plaza Premium lounge. The timing for this is disappointing as I was hoping to use the card to visit the Westjet lounge at YYC later this month, but it is Priority Pass.

Is AMEX Platinum the only card that grants visits to Priority Pass now?
Deal Addict
May 2, 2017
1422 posts
2696 upvotes
s'toon
wrdeal24 wrote: Yup all the Priority Pass used this year up to now don't count with the switch
i cant seem to find anywhere online the term "dont count with the switch", or "reset".
i guess this was just assumed that PP and dragon pass will not communicate with each other to transfer details?
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2017
2935 posts
2161 upvotes
fearlessfx wrote: Been traveling though business lounges for like 15 years domestically and internationally and have never paid for a single thing once in a lounge…
What should I expect at an airport lounge as someone who has never been to one before?
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2005
1509 posts
347 upvotes
Toronto
IEpicDestroyer wrote: What should I expect at an airport lounge as someone who has never been to one before?
As a very occasional traveller who has churned premium CCs before, I can tell you that lounges vary greatly in their offerings. The crappy ones just have a few drinks and finger food. The good ones have hot food buffet style, dessert, snacks, and alcoholic drinks. I think some also have showers but I've never used one. I would never pay to access a lounge, but it's nice to get away from crowds and have a place to relax before a flight. I always try to get to a lounge an hour before boarding time.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)