Expired Hot Deals

(Vision, Canada Computers, Newegg) ASUS TUF Laptop - 120hz |15.6" | Ryzen 7-3750H | RTX 2060 |16GB RAM |512 SSD | $1299

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 28th, 2019 11:31 pm
Aug 28, 2014
363 posts
473 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
Luyuan20 wrote: The AMD CPU is too slow for VR games despite the GPU. Don't buy this if you're planning on doing VR.

Mine sits at 100% CPU usage on more intense beat saber maps with only 50% GPU usage. That AMD CPU is ok for budget laptops but this should have a 6 core i7
What other vr games have you tried
Deal Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
6862 posts
1218 upvotes
Toronto
Luyuan20 wrote: The AMD CPU is too slow for VR games despite the GPU. Don't buy this if you're planning on doing VR.

Mine sits at 100% CPU usage on more intense beat saber maps with only 50% GPU usage. That AMD CPU is ok for budget laptops but this should have a 6 core i7
There must be something wrong with your laptop, the CPU on it should be more than enough for VR. Maybe you have the power mode set to power saver or balanced, or maybe the CPU is throttling, or another process is stealing the CPU power.
I workout to get big so I can pickup bricks and ****.
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2012
1032 posts
605 upvotes
toalan wrote: There must be something wrong with your laptop, the CPU on it should be more than enough for VR. Maybe you have the power mode set to power saver or balanced, or maybe the CPU is throttling, or another process is stealing the CPU power.
Nope everything set to max performance, fans screaming. Sustained boost is ~3.6Ghz on all cores. GPU is generally 30-50% range so there's headroom there. On easier maps up to expert its fine, but expert+ it goes to 100% and drops frames here and there. I wanted to do mods...but all of them make the game unplayble since CPU is flatlined @ 100%. Other games run pretty ok, for me Cities Skylines and Beat Saber are the poor performers.

CPU may be throttling too, I've seen it drop to 3-3.1Ghz too. 96C was the highest on CPU reported in HWmonitor, 75C on GPU