• Last Updated:
  • May 15th, 2009 9:27 am
Tags:
16 replies
Sep 27, 2005
786 posts
170 upvotes
Pretty weak deals all around.. Visions and Soundsarround used to have worthwhile sales, what happened??
Dec 14, 2008
721 posts
323 upvotes
Toronto
mr_saturn wrote: Pretty weak deals all around.. Visions and Soundsarround used to have worthwhile sales, what happened??
Everyone's having weak deals. I blame the weaker economy.
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
20147 posts
8192 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
ieGod wrote: Everyone's having weak deals. I blame the weaker economy.
The goal of having a sale is to make money, regardless of a weaker economy. It's not like they could afford to be "more generous" before, it was never their intent to spread the wealth.

If there is any logical reason for things costing more than they did before, it would be our dollar and the fact that almost everything being sold in these stores trickles down from the US.

One could argue that the dollar is a symptom of the economy, but... whatever!
Jan 6, 2008
219 posts
4 upvotes
ieGod wrote: Everyone's having weak deals. I blame the weaker economy.
Should it be the other way round? Because of weak economy and people don't want to spend, so they need to come up with better deals to attract people, and to clear the inventory. If they don't clear the inventory, it will be another a&b sound.

Also, sometimes they have good deals not in the flyer. It seems they monitor their competitors, and in order to prevent people going PM (their policy is to beat by 5% of the total, imagine you are buying a $3000 TV, that is $150), they update their web site, and those don't come up in the flyer.
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
2920 posts
3425 upvotes
Winnipeg
gte357s wrote: should it be the other way round? Because of weak economy and people don't want to spend, so they need to come up with better deals to attract people, and to clear the inventory. If they don't clear the inventory, it will be another a&b sound.

Also, sometimes they have good deals not in the flyer. It seems they monitor their competitors, and in order to prevent people going pm (their policy is to beat by 5% of the total, imagine you are buying a $3000 tv, that is $150), they update their web site, and those don't come up in the flyer.
+100
Deal Expert
Nov 11, 2004
62810 posts
364 upvotes
gte357s wrote: Should it be the other way round? Because of weak economy and people don't want to spend, so they need to come up with better deals to attract people, and to clear the inventory. If they don't clear the inventory, it will be another a&b sound.
hopefully that won't be the case... we need more competitors to go against the electronics retail giants FS/BB
gte357s wrote: Also, sometimes they have good deals not in the flyer. It seems they monitor their competitors,
heh, doesn't every retailer do that nowadays ?
gte357s wrote: and in order to prevent people going PM (their policy is to beat by 5% of the total, imagine you are buying a $3000 TV, that is $150), they update their web site, and those don't come up in the flyer.
i don't monitor their sales freq.'ly, but ^that's news to me. i didn't know they PB their competitors "automatically" online
MJM
- MJ = mahjong - a chinese game involving LOTS of strategy/skills and the smarts to win!
- M = maniac - just simply CRAZY about this game... i'd play it 24/7 if i had the time!

"I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'... here... I'll be waiting... for you... so if you come here... you'll find me... I promise..." - FF VIII - FAN of the FF series ever since the beginning.

PEPSI IPOD WINNER on xmas.... what a SWEET christmas present!
Deal Addict
May 20, 2004
3295 posts
903 upvotes
Calgary
They match everyone else's price at a minimum and offer air miles.

Plus they deal, for all you ***** that just come here and complain all the time you should learn what word means. Make your own deals, if you can't get $100 off the lowest advertised price at Visions or Soundsaround you go back to shopping at warm and friendly SEARS. LOL
Sep 30, 2007
545 posts
127 upvotes
Their sales seem to be either awesome or crappy, unfortunately this seems to be the latter...
Jan 2, 2006
627 posts
22 upvotes
Well thanks to Visions I was able to PM their LG 42" LH30 Series 1080p LCD at BB last night. $995 @ Visions and $1399 @ BB so ended up paying $955.
Deal Addict
Sep 25, 2002
2466 posts
179 upvotes
XShadowX wrote: What GPS is that?
It's a refurb Nuvi 770. (Comes with NA and Europe maps)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)