• Last Updated:
  • May 28th, 2019 2:31 pm
Tags:
[OP]
May 26, 2019
19 posts
15 upvotes

Visions Beware

My latest experience with Visions has been bad enough to make me get an account here to post about.

I purchased a brand new car amplifier from the Visions web store. I received a unit that looked like the mounting pads had been used but I questioned if this was just a byproduct of the manufacturing process. Upon installation, the amp was found to be DOA and not working. Annoyed but understanding that this happens, I went to this store 3 days after receiving it when I had the time away from family matters to return the amp for either an exchange or a refund. They confirmed the amp was DOA but then accused me of lying, telling me I had taken a dead amp and put it in the box I received to return it due to the fact that the serial number on the box did not match the serial number of the amp! There was no seal on the box when I received it so it could have happened anywhere from the manufacturer to the Vision's warehouse. To not only be denied my "100% customer satisfaction" in addition to being called a liar, I will never purchase anything from this company ever again and have steered all my friends and family clear as well. The prices aren't even special, I gave them a try because they sponsored the autocross club I participate in.

I suggest steering clear at all costs...
5 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
3843 posts
2402 upvotes
Vancouver
Just ask to speak to a manager and explain to them this is exactly how you got it. Its not your fault the serial didn't match because its what you received. Ask them where you would get another amp? Show them your car and the fact you don't have the same model in it. If that doesn't work, call your credit card company and do a charge back stating you got a unit DoA and Visions are not willing to refund you.
[OP]
May 26, 2019
19 posts
15 upvotes
Paigne wrote: Just ask to speak to a manager and explain to them this is exactly how you got it. Its not your fault the serial didn't match because its what you received. Ask them where you would get another amp? Show them your car and the fact you don't have the same model in it. If that doesn't work, call your credit card company and do a charge back stating you got a unit DoA and Visions are not willing to refund you.
Yeah, I've been through that loop all the way up to talking to a Jim at their head office who straight up accused me of fraud. I have a dispute open with my credit card company (my first one ever) and am in the process of dealing with this that way. I am obliged to have a 3rd party professional audio store confirm the amp is dead with a letter to my bank, and the couple of stores I have gone to want to charge $20 for the test (I get it, their time isn't free). So I am going to be out the $20 test, and the hours of my time spent dealing with Visions and my bank in order to resolve an issue caused by Visions customer service.

One thing that Visions could do is supply tamper proof tape on their boxes to try and curtail any issues with swapped products in boxes. The box my amp was received in was just a standard easy open tabbed box with no seal whatsoever.

Because of all this, I felt that I needed to post a warning to anyone dealing with Visions. Do not expect any customer service when dealing with Visions.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2007
1488 posts
1124 upvotes
St Catharines
JasonO26 wrote: Yeah, I've been through that loop all the way up to talking to a Jim at their head office who straight up accused me of fraud. I have a dispute open with my credit card company (my first one ever) and am in the process of dealing with this that way. I am obliged to have a 3rd party professional audio store confirm the amp is dead with a letter to my bank, and the couple of stores I have gone to want to charge $20 for the test (I get it, their time isn't free). So I am going to be out the $20 test, and the hours of my time spent dealing with Visions and my bank in order to resolve an issue caused by Visions customer service.

One thing that Visions could do is supply tamper proof tape on their boxes to try and curtail any issues with swapped products in boxes. The box my amp was received in was just a standard easy open tabbed box with no seal whatsoever.

Because of all this, I felt that I needed to post a warning to anyone dealing with Visions. Do not expect any customer service when dealing with Visions.
Agreed...Visions sucks.

I bought a "Microsoft Certified Refurbished" Surface 2 from them a year and a half or so ago, and it looked like it had been run over by a truck. Worn paint, a couple of dents, a huge silver vinyl sticker on the back of the unit to cover up scratches, and a small tear in the detachable keyboard's "fabric".

I returned it and wrote an honest review on their web site, which they deleted.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
3843 posts
2402 upvotes
Vancouver
Well that is sad to hear. The few times I ordered from visions online the only thing I noticed is they take forever to ship. Most of the time it’s around Xmas so I guess that is a valid reason (tho normally everything else I order arrived a week or two before my order from visions... and do order a lot of stuff online around Xmas/boxing week). It’s generally just their door crashes headphones since im not lining up for those if I could order them online.

That’s really the main reason I don’t order much from visions and if the price is the same I prefer BB or Amazon (much faster delivery times). I do shop at Visions in store and haven’t had any bad experience yet but the last thing I bought from them was a router a few years ago.
[OP]
May 26, 2019
19 posts
15 upvotes
Paigne wrote: Well that is sad to hear. The few times I ordered from visions online the only thing I noticed is they take forever to ship. Most of the time it’s around Xmas so I guess that is a valid reason (tho normally everything else I order arrived a week or two before my order from visions... and do order a lot of stuff online around Xmas/boxing week). It’s generally just their door crashes headphones since im not lining up for those if I could order them online.

That’s really the main reason I don’t order much from visions and if the price is the same I prefer BB or Amazon (much faster delivery times). I do shop at Visions in store and haven’t had any bad experience yet but the last thing I bought from them was a router a few years ago.
I was really hoping to support a Canadian company by buying local especially since they sponsored our autocross events for a couple years. However, I would never have run into this problem if I was dealing with BB or Amazon which stock the same products at similar prices. I learned my lesson the hard way as to how Visions feels about their customers when a problem comes up...