Hot Deals

(Visions, Costco, BB, 2001) LG OLED 65C9 $3298 55C9 $2298 65B9 $2998 55B9 $1998

  • Last Updated:
  • Jul 11th, 2020 12:14 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 26, 2008
1142 posts
175 upvotes
techytrev wrote: I recently got a C9 and have a B8 in bedroom. They're both solid , connectivity wise. I have them both running Ethernet. If you haven't done so already, perhaps trying a factory reset may help. If the problem continues, I'd consider swapping out for a new one. Constant disconnect is not normal, especially over both wired and wireless connections. You want problem free viewing for the $$$ you spent.

Thanks guys for confirmation:-). I will try factory reset. If that doesn’t work I will contact Costco. Do u guys know if Costco will pick it up from my porch or do I have to bring it to the store? If it is a pickup, how do they verify everything is in the box?

Btw... What dns on your router do you guys use?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 26, 2008
1142 posts
175 upvotes
Is the Costco extended warranty worth $100? I don’t believe burn-in is included, what are the chance something else will break down that is covered under warranty? I guess $100 is worth it for a piece of mind alone.
Member
User avatar
Jan 25, 2007
301 posts
84 upvotes
Whitby
amd111 wrote: Is the Costco extended warranty worth $100? I don’t believe burn-in is included, what are the chance something else will break down that is covered under warranty? I guess $100 is worth it for a piece of mind alone.
100% worth it at $100 IMO. I've had to put in a few claims for TVs over the years...all LCD/LED...and all around $100 extended warranties. My 2017 65B7 OLED is still going strong, but you never know when it will decide to crap out.
Member
Oct 13, 2018
272 posts
305 upvotes
Someone should help me make a decision. I really want an oled but was hoping to buy when i buy a house which should by the end of year or so. However looking at the ongoing exchange rate I assume the prices are just going to get higher ? Also C9 was my first choice, I was able to get it for $2400 including taxes during black friday but didnt do it and looks like those prices are long gone never to return again. Should i wait for the prices to come down (which may not happen) ? Or just buy b9 and get done with it. So much confusion.
Newbie
Sep 24, 2017
49 posts
94 upvotes
TusharN30757 wrote: Someone should help me make a decision. I really want an oled but was hoping to buy when i buy a house which should by the end of year or so. However looking at the ongoing exchange rate I assume the prices are just going to get higher ? Also C9 was my first choice, I was able to get it for $2400 including taxes during black friday but didnt do it and looks like those prices are long gone never to return again. Should i wait for the prices to come down (which may not happen) ? Or just buy b9 and get done with it. So much confusion.
From someone who has both a B8 and C9 series , id go with B series if it's your first OLED. You won't be disappointed. That's what I did and had no regrets. I got it on clearance when the B9/C9 were coming out . I recently got a C series because the kids are home 24/7 and constantly taking the TV! I also wanted the C series because I wanted it to handle the HDMI 2.1 (4k @120hz), for next gen. I've heard rumors that the B9 may not handle it, but that's just a rumor. Not concrete evidence, however I didn't want to risk it. Now that I can view the picture on both displays, I can see the C9 has a better picture, but until I had it in the house, the B8 blew me away daily. They're both fantastic units.
Member
Oct 13, 2018
272 posts
305 upvotes
techytrev wrote: From someone who has both a B8 and C9 series , id go with B series if it's your first OLED. You won't be disappointed. That's what I did and had no regrets. I got it on clearance when the B9/C9 were coming out . I recently got a C series because the kids are home 24/7 and constantly taking the TV! I also wanted the C series because I wanted it to handle the HDMI 2.1 (4k @120hz), for next gen. I've heard rumors that the B9 may not handle it, but that's just a rumor. Not concrete evidence, however I didn't want to risk it. Now that I can view the picture on both displays, I can see the C9 has a better picture, but until I had it in the house, the B8 blew me away daily. They're both fantastic units.
Thank you for such detailed info.
How much do you think is the difference in brightness between c9 vs b8/b9. Do you see quite a difference in brightness or less than 10%. If i buy a tv i wont be changing for another 5 years so me picture quality/brightness is very important from the oled i would invest in.
Newbie
Dec 30, 2016
60 posts
60 upvotes
TusharN30757 wrote: Thank you for such detailed info.
How much do you think is the difference in brightness between c9 vs b8/b9. Do you see quite a difference in brightness or less than 10%. If i buy a tv i wont be changing for another 5 years so me picture quality/brightness is very important from the oled i would invest in.
Honestly, In my opinion I would pick up the C9. Invest in the better TV now and not have regrets later on. If price is that much of an issue, save a little more first.
Member
Nov 18, 2014
307 posts
325 upvotes
Calgary, AB
jorda13456 wrote: Honestly, In my opinion I would pick up the C9. Invest in the better TV now and not have regrets later on. If price is that much of an issue, save a little more first.
The B9 is nearly the same tv and $1000-1200 less or 60% of the cost of a C9. It is up to everyone individually but personally find it hard to justify the additional cost, especially when that $1200 saved will likely be enough to buy another OLED in the future when any any possible features might be "needed".
Newbie
Dec 30, 2016
60 posts
60 upvotes
FearlessSaver wrote: The B9 is nearly the same tv and $1000-1200 less or 60% of the cost of a C9. It is up to everyone individually but personally find it hard to justify the additional cost, especially when that $1200 saved will likely be enough to buy another OLED in the future when any any possible features might be "needed".
C9 Is brighter
C9 has better gradients
C9 has better color accuracy
C9 has better hdr performance
C9 has better calibration out of the box
C9 has a better processor

Is what I found after some simple googling.
Apparently, if you have them side by side you will notice the difference.
As for OP if you do not have the money and do not care about these "small" differences,
you can save the money and go for the B9 :)
Member
Oct 13, 2018
272 posts
305 upvotes
jorda13456 wrote: C9 Is brighter
C9 has better gradients
C9 has better color accuracy
C9 has better hdr performance
C9 has better calibration out of the box
C9 has a better processor

Is what I found after some simple googling.
Apparently, if you have them side by side you will notice the difference.
As for OP if you do not have the money and do not care about these "small" differences,
you can save the money and go for the B9 :)
Its not like i donot have the money but as a smart buyer i dont see a need to throw in another $1k if the differences are negligible in realtime (which is not the case i guess) I dont care about an extra tv tuner but i do care about brightness. If the difference is there real time in brightness than c9 it is.
Newbie
Sep 24, 2017
49 posts
94 upvotes
TusharN30757 wrote: Thank you for such detailed info.
How much do you think is the difference in brightness between c9 vs b8/b9. Do you see quite a difference in brightness or less than 10%. If i buy a tv i wont be changing for another 5 years so me picture quality/brightness is very important from the oled i would invest in.
The C9 is brighter (within 10% in my gaming view) and has a faster processor, but I'm comparing it against a B8, not a B9. If you don't care about the HDMI 2.1 4k@ 120hz thing. I'd save the 1k and go with the B9. Assuming this is your first OLED, you'll be amazed and feel great about banking the 1k and have gorgeous tv experience. Worst case, buy it from Costco and return the B series if you're underwhelmed.
Member
Oct 13, 2018
272 posts
305 upvotes
techytrev wrote: The C9 is brighter (within 10% in my gaming view) and has a faster processor, but I'm comparing it against a B8, not a B9. If you don't care about the HDMI 2.1 4k@ 120hz thing. I'd save the 1k and go with the B9. Assuming this is your first OLED, you'll be amazed and feel great about banking the 1k and have gorgeous tv experience. Worst case, buy it from Costco and return the B series if you're underwhelmed.
B8 is actually brighter than B9. So i guess the difference between b9 and c9 is even higher. Thanks for the info !
Member
Nov 18, 2014
307 posts
325 upvotes
Calgary, AB
jorda13456 wrote: C9 Is brighter
C9 has better gradients
C9 has better color accuracy
C9 has better hdr performance
C9 has better calibration out of the box
C9 has a better processor

Is what I found after some simple googling.
Apparently, if you have them side by side you will notice the difference.
As for OP if you do not have the money and do not care about these "small" differences,
you can save the money and go for the B9 :)
As far as I've noticed the B9 is stunning and I don't doubt these differences exist, using the human eye in a dark room I still stand by the 2 models being nearly the same tv and owners of expensive things also tend to try harder to justify why they spent more money.
Member
Nov 18, 2014
307 posts
325 upvotes
Calgary, AB
TusharN30757 wrote: B8 is actually brighter than B9. So i guess the difference between b9 and c9 is even higher. Thanks for the info !
550 vs 700 sounds like a lot but on a logarithmic scale with the human eye in a dark room it doesn't mean much.
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2006
1004 posts
190 upvotes
All the reviews I've seen comparing the B9 and C9 declared the B9 the way better value. The processor and brightness is not noticable to human eye (apparently). My major concern was actual people saying calibration out of box for B9 was poor but those reviews were from last year.

Some say newer models have improved calibration. I was waiting for the C9 but jumped on the 65B9 for $1899. The C9 was available for $2699 but I couldn't justify it. Originally I was hoping for cheap C9 in August but I got worried about exchange rate and general lack of stock, especially since Costco doesn't seem to have many at all in store or online.

Top

Thread Information

There are currently 4 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 3 guests)

Pearcebud