Expired Hot Deals

(Visions, Costco, BB, 2001) LG OLED 65C9 $3298 55C9 $2298 65B9 $2998 55B9 $1998

  • Last Updated:
  • Nov 25th, 2020 8:39 am
Tags:
Sr. Member
Jan 7, 2013
650 posts
327 upvotes
Oshawa, Ontario
orighammer wrote: Important piece is how bestbuy stores shut down their power at night. Is it a hard line (so no power to tv) or they power down the devices (Like you would at home). If they hard line power off then the tv will never have done a compensation cycle to help avoid burn in and that’s when you should worry.
I pretty sure they just all turn off at one power source, if it's anything like my highschool days in Walmart Electronics section lol.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2007
3298 posts
444 upvotes
Mississauga
We need some crafty salesperson somewhere to grt a group buy on these you would sell a ton
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2008
1814 posts
588 upvotes
CNE was a great place to buy these at one time....
Jr. Member
User avatar
Aug 18, 2013
119 posts
327 upvotes
Next door
Shaidin wrote: I pretty sure they just all turn off at one power source, if it's anything like my highschool days in Walmart Electronics section lol.
TVs are in colour now.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 23, 2017
2599 posts
5105 upvotes
dreaderus wrote: We need some crafty salesperson somewhere to grt a group buy on these you would sell a ton
My friend inquired at visions last year and they said like $100 extra on top of their lowest negotiated price if you get like 10+ ppl to buy. Lowest price for the 65” C8 was like $2450 at that time.
Member
Aug 18, 2007
241 posts
86 upvotes
Just personal experience. well and other users who are sensitive. But of course it help a lot to know is not PWM, thanks for definite info. https://www.avforums.com/threads/new-ol ... e.2269384/ https://www.avforums.com/threads/oled-m ... ed.2265946 https://www.avforums.com/threads/new-ol ... e.2269384/

(some blame 4k, bfi, hdr or misc effect and not oled per se)
EP32k2 wrote: First time I've heard of this on OLED tv's. Are you thinking OLED displays used on mobile devices as some of those use PWM and FYI, most if not all LED lit tv's use PWM. So I'm really not sure what your warning is about...

LG OLED Certified by TUV
Last edited by s12345 on Jul 16th, 2020 12:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
15586 posts
13185 upvotes
Richmond Hill
s12345 wrote: Just personal experience. well and other users who are sensitive. But of course it help a lot to know is not PWM, thanks for definite info. https://www.avforums.com/threads/new-ol ... e.2269384/ https://www.avforums.com/threads/oled-m ... ed.2265946 https://www.avforums.com/threads/new-ol ... e.2269384/

(some blain 4k or hdr or misc effect and not oled per se)
Ah ok. Yes it could very well be HDR or the motion settings. I find some HDR done better than others.
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2018
2005 posts
923 upvotes
Is B9 having HDMI 2.1 @ 48gbps? & what are the major differences between B9 vs C9 .?
Newbie
Apr 11, 2009
99 posts
20 upvotes
I just saw the new 65CX at Costco in Scarborough. They are priced at $3989.99. Something like that. Now is the time find any of the C9 at the Costco if any are still around.
Newbie
May 18, 2012
11 posts
1 upvote
BRAMPTON
Whats a good price for a 55in B9? I saw some at $1788 at a costco

I was planning to wait till black friday to pick one up, not in any rush. Should we expect some better deals then?
Sr. Member
Jan 7, 2013
650 posts
327 upvotes
Oshawa, Ontario
Rand0mGuy wrote: Whats a good price for a 55in B9? I saw some at $1788 at a costco

I was planning to wait till black friday to pick one up, not in any rush. Should we expect some better deals then?
There would be better deals if there are any left. But it seems stocks of B9 and C9 are already getting low. Probably only CX left by black friday
Newbie
Aug 17, 2019
61 posts
23 upvotes
Both have 48gb. C9 bit better processor and 30 percent higher peak brightness. Only noticeable in hdr highlights side by side though not normal viewing.
Newbie
Nov 23, 2019
10 posts
8 upvotes
shaibal wrote: I requested them to give me a deal for the whole package and the salesperson convinced the manager to reduce another $380 from the tv. So, I still paid $550 for 4 yr warranty, $50 for delivery and I guess $1660 for the tv plux tax. Tv will come from warehouse, will see the condition and hours logged when it gets delivered this Saturday.
Just wanted to give you a thank you for posting. I referenced your post and it helped considerably towards getting a discount. I wasn't able to mirror that price exactly, but i was able to get one for $2645 everything included which is thanks to you.
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2018
2005 posts
923 upvotes
Notgreedytoday wrote: Just wanted to give you a thank you for posting. I referenced your post and it helped considerably towards getting a discount. I wasn't able to mirror that price exactly, but i was able to get one for $2645 everything included which is thanks to you.
I got a quote for B9 65 for $2150 taxes in & 4yr warranty in? Will that be a good price to buy B9 instead of C9?
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2007
3298 posts
444 upvotes
Mississauga
Ridinginoffice7 wrote: I got a quote for B9 65 for $2150 taxes in & 4yr warranty in? Will that be a good price to buy B9 instead of C9?


seems good can u get me a contact for this one?
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2008
1814 posts
588 upvotes
Ridinginoffice7 wrote: I got a quote for B9 65 for $2150 taxes in & 4yr warranty in? Will that be a good price to buy B9 instead of C9?
Wow. That's a great price
Newbie
Jun 28, 2007
67 posts
73 upvotes
Toronto
At this point it seems like might as well wait till BF. After seeing new B9s go for 2200 at Costco in April, buying a refurb for around the same seems silly.
Newbie
Aug 17, 2019
61 posts
23 upvotes
the_godfather30 wrote: At this point it seems like might as well wait till BF. After seeing new B9s go for 2200 at Costco in April, buying a refurb for around the same seems silly.
Exactly what i was thinking. I picked up my b9 65 for 2499 but waiting for costco to drop price. Have 3 months to return and rebuy it or c9 at the lowet price of 2299 or c9 at 2499. Worth just waiting honestly.

The reason I'm not considering a BestBuy refurb is because why would I want to pay $500 for a 4-year warranty that I'm probably going to use in the next year-and-a-half of the panel has ware on it:/ also it seems like LG is giving you a courtesy panel replacement to customers now so id deff look at costco and just grab there 3 year warranty totalling to 5 years. I had another family friend who got his 3 year oled done by lg last week because everyone is getting theres done all of sudden .. i guess lg is improving there customer service now!

Top