Expired Hot Deals

(Visions, Costco, BB, 2001) LG OLED 65C9 $3298 55C9 $2298 65B9 $2998 55B9 $1998

  • Last Updated:
  • Nov 25th, 2020 8:39 am
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 20, 2012
1697 posts
953 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
rinse wrote: $5,900 tax-in for a 77 CX with 5 year warranty (799) to be issued as store credit if warranty not used

Effectively makes the set ~$4,400

Thoughts?
With the warranty credit, there is a very limited amount of time you can claim the credit and they will have all the leverage, so will be difficult to haggle.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2003
3630 posts
1163 upvotes
brobinsoncc wrote: With the warranty credit, there is a very limited amount of time you can claim the credit and they will have all the leverage, so will be difficult to haggle.
I agree - think I’ll just get it from Costco. I found one in stock

Side note - I think we briefly played in a GAF madden league together. And I also remember you might’ve been a KS8000 Or Vizio guy like me too lol
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 20, 2012
1697 posts
953 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
rinse wrote: I agree - think I’ll just get it from Costco. I found one in stock

Side note - I think we briefly played in a GAF madden league together. And I also remember you might’ve been a KS8000 Or Vizio guy like me too lol
Yeah, haven't played Madden since 17 or what ever one that was. Had bought every single one from 2000 up to that point, but just completely lost interest. KS8000 still going strong upstairs. Also had the P Series for a bit but couldn't get over the piss stain screen.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2003
3630 posts
1163 upvotes
brobinsoncc wrote: Yeah, haven't played Madden since 17 or what ever one that was. Had bought every single one from 2000 up to that point, but just completely lost interest. KS8000 still going strong upstairs. Also had the P Series for a bit but couldn't get over the piss stain screen.
Yeah I returned the P series and got a KS8000, also still going strong. The CX will replace it in family room as we’re moving to a bigger house next year - just thought I’d advance my purchase to take advantage of it now with PS5 and XSX on the horizon
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 20, 2012
1697 posts
953 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
rinse wrote: Yeah I returned the P series and got a KS8000, also still going strong. The CX will replace it in family room as we’re moving to a bigger house next year - just thought I’d advance my purchase to take advantage of it now with PS5 and XSX on the horizon
I switched to PC gaming and will be getting an RTX 3080. I grabbed a C9 when they announced official Gsync support. 4k/120 is going to be awesome.
Member
Nov 1, 2016
211 posts
54 upvotes
rinse wrote: I agree - think I’ll just get it from Costco. I found one in stock

Side note - I think we briefly played in a GAF madden league together. And I also remember you might’ve been a KS8000 Or Vizio guy like me too lol
Which Costco carries 77"?
Sr. Member
Sep 28, 2011
541 posts
187 upvotes
Alberta
Was at my local Costco today and they still have a bunch of 55" B9 TVs for $1799.97. I asked if they'd lower it since the BX models are cheaper and they said no. Those same four have been sitting there for months.
Jr. Member
Oct 16, 2018
103 posts
94 upvotes
kimwoobingsu wrote: I thought these TVs weren't supposed to be laid flat?
They're not supposed to be transported lying flat. Can damage the panel if it bumps. But just lying on a pallet in the store shouldn't be an issue.
Jr. Member
Oct 23, 2012
117 posts
8 upvotes
willstastyle wrote: They do. You can confirm by calling them but their extended definitely does.
You are correct - LG confirmed this to me.

I just did the same as you, bought at visions for 2350; and ill prob get the LG warranty for 400$ as well.

The price difference of 75$ is worth it, in the very low chance burn in does occur.
Jr. Member
Oct 16, 2018
103 posts
94 upvotes
willstastyle wrote:
This difference is in favour of Costco but keep in mind Costco's warranty does not include burn-in.
Just out of curiosity, where can you find that LG's warranty includes burn-in? I've read a lot of anecdotal information, but I can't for the life of me find a proper warranty policy on their website.
Newbie
Jun 7, 2016
51 posts
19 upvotes


Anyone explain this in real world situations?

LG Cx VRR issues?!?!
Sr. Member
Sep 28, 2011
541 posts
187 upvotes
Alberta
So it looks like all the TVs have issues with HDMI 2.1?
Newbie
Jul 18, 2018
17 posts
5 upvotes
Waiting on the 65CX to come back in stock on costco.ca. Visions and Bestbuy have it in stock but the costco's 90 return + the warranty has me waiting in hope of scoring on soon. Should I wait? or get it from BB or VE? Hmm..
I took the Costco's 90 return policy for granted until my newly bought sony x900h started having issues at around 60 days, so will be returning that.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2003
3630 posts
1163 upvotes
well then, I think I'll wait before dropping $5K on a 77 CX then lol

I'll make due with my KS8000 for now with the next gen consoles
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 13, 2015
3709 posts
3723 upvotes
Alberta
I may also wait it out for the C11 if they can't resolve this HDMI 2.1 issue...
Jr. Member
Dec 14, 2016
147 posts
134 upvotes
Toronto
Received my $300+ tax price adjustment from Costco posted on to my cc! Now to wait and see if I will still get the $350 Costco gift card :)
Member
Aug 29, 2017
218 posts
71 upvotes
jlogan755 wrote: Waiting on the 65CX to come back in stock on costco.ca. Visions and Bestbuy have it in stock but the costco's 90 return + the warranty has me waiting in hope of scoring on soon. Should I wait? or get it from BB or VE? Hmm..
I took the Costco's 90 return policy for granted until my newly bought sony x900h started having issues at around 60 days, so will be returning that.
How was your experience with X900H, aside from the issue? And what was the issue? I’m contemplating returning my CX 65 and get 75 X900H?
Sr. Member
User avatar
Apr 27, 2012
722 posts
526 upvotes
Ottawa
flyingcarpet91 wrote: Received my $300+ tax price adjustment from Costco posted on to my cc! Now to wait and see if I will still get the $350 Costco gift card :)
I just tried and they said they cannot give me the price adjustment because I got the 350 gift card. That doesn't really make sense as it wasn't 350 because I got the tv... But purchased 3000 dollars worth of goods off Costco.CA what gives? Should I try another day with another agent?
Sr. Member
Sep 27, 2009
607 posts
124 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Had anyone even received that $350 cash card yet??

Top