Hot Deals

(Visions, Costco, BB, 2001) LG OLED 65C9 $3298 55C9 $2298 65B9 $2998 55B9 $1998

  • Last Updated:
  • Oct 25th, 2020 12:44 pm
Tags:
Jr. Member
User avatar
Feb 27, 2006
115 posts
12 upvotes
Coquitlam
Got offered the 77" CX for $5580 at Visions today (with delivery included and 2 year warranty). They were out of stock but "had one on the way".

Worth pulling the trigger?

Was targeting a 85+ but the pricing for an OLED of that size is crazy right now.
Member
Jun 10, 2015
280 posts
58 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
So, my LG 65 inch C8 completely crapped the bed and is getting replaced under warranty.

I'm not buying another TV without an extended warranty, and I will probably be going with best buy's warranty. Whats the best deal right now?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 21, 2007
5494 posts
467 upvotes
Markham
Jin wrote: Got offered the 77" CX for $5580 at Visions today (with delivery included and 2 year warranty). They were out of stock but "had one on the way".

Worth pulling the trigger?

Was targeting a 85+ but the pricing for an OLED of that size is crazy right now.
tax in or plus tax? the visions cost was 5115 for reference
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 4, 2001
1392 posts
71 upvotes
Anyone know what OLED77GXPUA is going for. Looking to get this.
All is not golde that outward shewith bright...lydgate
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2011
1598 posts
975 upvotes
Toronto
Jin wrote: Got offered the 77" CX for $5580 at Visions today (with delivery included and 2 year warranty). They were out of stock but "had one on the way".

Worth pulling the trigger?

Was targeting a 85+ but the pricing for an OLED of that size is crazy right now.
Depends if that's the price with tax. If it's without, $5600 for the 77CX wasn't entirely unusual.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 11, 2009
1912 posts
208 upvotes
itrocks4u wrote: Smaller market given the price point i.e the price one pays for 55" would only be a few 100s more than $48" so many would end up buying 55".

Curious why you want 48"? Honestly 55" is not even that big. Once you go OLED you'd want a bigger screen.
I live in a small 700 sq ft condo, and the TV would be 5-7 feet away from my couch, so I think only a 48 inch would be best for me
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 6, 2012
3338 posts
1004 upvotes
Strategy wrote: I live in a small 700 sq ft condo, and the TV would be 5-7 feet away from my couch, so I think only a 48 inch would be best for me
55" is totally fine in a smaller living room imo. Big TVs are the norm now. I sit 7 feet away from my 65" TV in my theater space and I could still go bigger than that tbh.

You don't even notice the difference between 4k and 1440p unless you sit that close to a bigger TV.
Newbie
User avatar
Oct 10, 2010
40 posts
44 upvotes
Montreal
48" can work fine as a computer monitor for those who have the estate (I do).
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2011
1598 posts
975 upvotes
Toronto
VanceMendoza wrote: 55" is totally fine in a smaller living room imo. Big TVs are the norm now. I sit 7 feet away from my 65" TV in my theater space and I could still go bigger than that tbh.

You don't even notice the difference between 4k and 1440p unless you sit that close to a bigger TV.
+1

I'm getting a 77" and it's 8 feet away from me. No issues with 65" before at 8 feet either.

FWIW, this may be helpful


and

https://myhometheater.homestead.com/vie ... lator.html
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2008
1788 posts
565 upvotes
Strategy wrote: I live in a small 700 sq ft condo, and the TV would be 5-7 feet away from my couch, so I think only a 48 inch would be best for me
55" is perfect for you. Don't bother about 48".
Jr. Member
User avatar
Feb 27, 2006
115 posts
12 upvotes
Coquitlam
Alexandero2 wrote:
Depends if that's the price with tax. If it's without, $5600 for the 77CX wasn't entirely unusual.
That's without tax...so I guess I should be targeting about $5,200 pre-tax with delivery and two-year warranty?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 11, 2009
1912 posts
208 upvotes
VanceMendoza wrote: 55" is totally fine in a smaller living room imo. Big TVs are the norm now. I sit 7 feet away from my 65" TV in my theater space and I could still go bigger than that tbh.

You don't even notice the difference between 4k and 1440p unless you sit that close to a bigger TV.
Alexandero2 wrote: +1

I'm getting a 77" and it's 8 feet away from me. No issues with 65" before at 8 feet either.

FWIW, this may be helpful


and

https://myhometheater.homestead.com/vie ... lator.html
itrocks4u wrote: 55" is perfect for you. Don't bother about 48".
You guys are convincing me. I'm about 8 feet away from the TV. My concern is that I don't want to have to constantly move my head from one side to the other when watching, TV shouldn't be a chore haha.

With a 55-60 inch TV at 8 ft away, I feel like Id be rotating my neck a lot, no?

Will look into it
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2011
1598 posts
975 upvotes
Toronto
Strategy wrote: You guys are convincing me. I'm about 8 feet away from the TV. My concern is that I don't want to have to constantly move my head from one side to the other when watching, TV shouldn't be a chore haha.

With a 55-60 inch TV at 8 ft away, I feel like Id be rotating my neck a lot, no?

Will look into it
At 65" 8 feet away, you're definitely not moving your head at all, so no concern there.
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2006
1603 posts
585 upvotes
Winnipeg
Strategy wrote: You guys are convincing me. I'm about 8 feet away from the TV. My concern is that I don't want to have to constantly move my head from one side to the other when watching, TV shouldn't be a chore haha.

With a 55-60 inch TV at 8 ft away, I feel like Id be rotating my neck a lot, no?

Will look into it
No chance you'd be "rotating your neck"...it's your eyes that will move not your neck.

You're not sitting in the front row of a movie theatre. Get the 55" and stop worrying about it.
Lorenzo
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2008
1788 posts
565 upvotes
Strategy wrote: You guys are convincing me. I'm about 8 feet away from the TV. My concern is that I don't want to have to constantly move my head from one side to the other when watching, TV shouldn't be a chore haha.

With a 55-60 inch TV at 8 ft away, I feel like Id be rotating my neck a lot, no?

Will look into it
Absolutely no issues. Once you buy 55" and check out the blacks, you'd wish you got 65". Then I'll buy your 55" for 40% of price with your extended warranty.

Top

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 2 guests)

puppydays