• Last Updated:
  • Oct 25th, 2020 12:44 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
1794 posts
325 upvotes
Lévis
howdydo wrote: So, my LG 65 inch C8 completely crapped the bed and is getting replaced under warranty.

I'm not buying another TV without an extended warranty, and I will probably be going with best buy's warranty. Whats the best deal right now?
Tou might want to compare BB and costco warranties. I'm a bit outdated but, to my knowledge, Costco warranties are the only one that are priced decently. Even then.
Pourquoi pas?
Aug 13, 2020
5 posts
Some guy selling his LG B9 55" for 900, it has a small cosmetic dent on it, should I pull the trigger?
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2011
1598 posts
975 upvotes
Toronto
Jin wrote: That's without tax...so I guess I should be targeting about $5,200 pre-tax with delivery and two-year warranty?
You can certainly try but I'm not sure anyone has gotten it that low to date. It will be easier during November since the manufacturer themselves are discounting the sets and providing incentive $ to the retailers based on volume pushed (that way it doesn't just eat into the retailers margin).
Jan 25, 2007
314 posts
94 upvotes
Whitby
Anyone hear anything about the 48" CX and it's availability? Seems like most retailers now (Gibby's, Trutone, Visions [not listed but you can call in to order]) are saying it will be available late October. My dilemma is should I pre-order now and ensure I get one or wait it out until November and potentially save a few bucks. I'm thinking it might get down to the $1600-$1800 range but who really knows as it seems to be somewhat of a special item in Canada.
Jul 11, 2009
695 posts
358 upvotes
Canada
Kinda disappointed with the lack of DTS:X ,DTS-HD MA via eARC on the CX vs the C9.
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2008
1788 posts
565 upvotes
vwvwvw wrote: Some guy selling his LG B9 55" for 900, it has a small cosmetic dent on it, should I pull the trigger?
Great price but if no warranty then it's gonna be a FML moment
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
1912 posts
208 upvotes
superotaku78 wrote: Anyone hear anything about the 48" CX and it's availability? Seems like most retailers now (Gibby's, Trutone, Visions [not listed but you can call in to order]) are saying it will be available late October. My dilemma is should I pre-order now and ensure I get one or wait it out until November and potentially save a few bucks. I'm thinking it might get down to the $1600-$1800 range but who really knows as it seems to be somewhat of a special item in Canada.
I emailed LG Canada and they stated it isn't actually coming to Canada. I'm unsure how accurate the information those retailers are providing is..
Jan 25, 2007
314 posts
94 upvotes
Whitby
Strategy wrote: I emailed LG Canada and they stated it isn't actually coming to Canada. I'm unsure how accurate the information those retailers are providing is..
Yeah, I heard the same from others who contacted LG on Reddit. It seems that some people are getting them though...there was a guy in another thread who claimed to get one of the few Best Buy had available a few weeks ago.

finally-oled-under-50-2020-lg-48-oled48cxpua-2346463/4/

Ricco, manager at Whitby Visions, contacted his LG rep directly for me and he claimed he could get one by the end of October. Seems to me that LG changed their minds and will be offering them here.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 1, 2004
7275 posts
653 upvotes
mehguy5 wrote: No price since that model is discontinued and has been for a while now. Pretty sure we'll see the 65" CX for $2798 though ($500 off from the current price)
You can get that price right now from big name stores, don't have to wait on BF deals for it. Just need to know how to negotiate.
I'm hoping for $2500 all in 65CX around BF
STEAM-XBL-PSN: CFRTim
Sep 24, 2017
33 posts
16 upvotes
My new 77in CX from Costco had a crack in the panel on delivery :( And a refund process has been initiated.

Now they aren't in stock online and they don't sell it at the warehouse. Wanted Costco for the no hassle returns and 2 year warranty. I haven't been watching the site too carefully, anyone have any idea how often these come back into stock? Am I SOL with Costco - I really don't want to have to buy from BB.
Jul 4, 2006
999 posts
323 upvotes
Oakville
QballDS wrote: My new 77in CX from Costco had a crack in the panel on delivery :( And a refund process has been initiated.

Now they aren't in stock online and they don't sell it at the warehouse. Wanted Costco for the no hassle returns and 2 year warranty. I haven't been watching the site too carefully, anyone have any idea how often these come back into stock? Am I SOL with Costco - I really don't want to have to buy from BB.
Check again.
Sep 24, 2017
33 posts
16 upvotes
Lobloco wrote: Check again.
Yup - already got in my exchange :) Popped up earlier this afternoon. Hoping for better luck this time.
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2011
1117 posts
185 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
ben35 wrote: Kinda disappointed with the lack of DTS:X ,DTS-HD MA via eARC on the CX vs the C9.
Yeah I was about to buy a 65 CX when I found out about this, so I got the Sony A8H. Gutted as I wanted a C9/CX bad, LG really f'ed me.

Nyd
Feb 19, 2019
153 posts
55 upvotes
Would it be safe to buy the C9 US model? I called LG and they said it's not covered under warranty, Would it be possible to buy a warranty for it? It's brand new without box!
I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.
Feb 19, 2019
153 posts
55 upvotes
Never mind, got a C9 from bestbuy for $2400.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 1 guest)

vexvex, puppydays