Hot Deals

(Visions, Costco, BB, 2001) LG OLED 65C9 $3298 55C9 $2298 65B9 $2998 55B9 $1998

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 24th, 2020 3:18 am
Tags:
Jun 10, 2003
688 posts
257 upvotes
Anyone know what the best price is for the 55" CX? I am looking for a gaming/monitor setup including for the PS5. I am hearing to wait for BF.

I have a 65" B7 and C8 but I want VRR and G-sync.
Jul 21, 2015
435 posts
271 upvotes
North York, ON
Got a c9 from best in one of the previous vip event (2840 including tax)
Then switched to oled e9 with a fair price difference.
And got the warranty for 250.

Couldn't be happier.

Gone through
55 b8
c9
vizio p quantum 659
75 p quantum x 2019

Eventually land on e9.

Just love the picture on glass design.

I am sad they dropped the design on 2020
Feb 19, 2019
153 posts
54 upvotes
sghgigi wrote: Got a c9 from best in one of the previous vip event (2840 including tax)
Then switched to oled e9 with a fair price difference.
And got the warranty for 250.

Couldn't be happier.

Gone through
55 b8
c9
vizio p quantum 659
75 p quantum x 2019

Eventually land on e9.

Just love the picture on glass design.

I am sad they dropped the design on 2020
What's the warranty duration?
I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.
Feb 19, 2019
153 posts
54 upvotes
danomed wrote: Anyone know what the best price is for the 55" CX? I am looking for a gaming/monitor setup including for the PS5. I am hearing to wait for BF.

For PS5 your best bet would be a C9, if you can find a demo unit or open box, don't buy refurbished. I think I saw $1700 for a 55" C9, use flipp and search for "OLED TV" you'll see them, check canada computers.
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2003
4190 posts
992 upvotes
Hamilton
danomed wrote: Anyone know what the best price is for the 55" CX? I am looking for a gaming/monitor setup including for the PS5. I am hearing to wait for BF.

I paid about 1850 for it early covid days at visions (+tax) so I'd be looking for cheaper come bf.
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2005
1355 posts
64 upvotes
Toronto
AtifM10644 wrote: For PS5 your best bet would be a C9, if you can find a demo unit or open box, don't buy refurbished. I think I saw $1700 for a 55" C9, use flipp and search for "OLED TV" you'll see them, check canada computers.

Why a C9 over CX for PS5? And any concerns with buying a returb unit?
Aug 29, 2017
161 posts
57 upvotes
CFRTim wrote: You can get that price right now from big name stores, don't have to wait on BF deals for it. Just need to know how to negotiate.
I'm hoping for $2500 all in 65CX around BF
Can you advise on how to negotiate to get that price?
Aug 29, 2017
161 posts
57 upvotes
AtifM10644 wrote: Never mind, got a C9 from bestbuy for $2400.
Which BB and when did you get C9 for $2400? Is it a brand new?
Jan 28, 2017
49 posts
44 upvotes
Laval
Pouyanem wrote: Which BB and when did you get C9 for $2400? Is it a brand new?
Also what does the warranty look like. Hearing that it can let you down pretty fast. How accurate is that?
Feb 19, 2019
153 posts
54 upvotes
xplode wrote:
Why a C9 over CX for PS5? And any concerns with buying a returb unit?

I've been doing a lot research and on every comparison between a C9 and a CX, C9 came out on top, the link is to a comparison video bit that's not the only one, you can find many others, even retailers figured it out and they're not budging on the remaining C9 stock be it used or demo or even refurbished, I doubt there are any new units available unless you go around store to store looking for one and in remote areas.
If you get an OLED you must protect your investment with an extended warranty because even minor issues could cost you hundreds, and a refurbished unit will have a scratched serial number which means it can't be warranted, but if you buy a demo or an open box it will have a full manufacturer warranty and an extended warranty applies.
Feb 19, 2019
153 posts
54 upvotes
Shield4life28 wrote: Also what does the warranty look like. Hearing that it can let you down pretty fast. How accurate is that?
I got the 65" C9 from BB online, it's a demo unit from some store in MB, I live in Toronto so there was no way for me to go in store to inspect or see the unit, BUT, it's a GS certified unit, means it's cosmetically flawless and free of any scratches or damages and usually units like that look brand new, it comes with all accessories and covered under manufacturer warranty from day of purchase, I was constantly checking all stores over 48 hours juat waiting for a C9 to pop up (and I was specifically looking for one sold by BB because they're the only ones that has a warranty that covers burn in) and sure enough in one of my refreshes this one popped up and it was the only unit available and listed at $2400 which is not a bad price given that some stores has it for $4000 and others want to sell it the current CX price point.

In terms of warranty you have 2 options, 5 years warranty direct from LG for $400 and it doesn't cover burn in, however it's been reported that LG has replaced burned in panels for some customers as a courtesy, it's a risk but doable. OR get the BB GS warranty but it only goes up to 4 years and could cost as much as $600, I got the 3 years total for $430 and that's why I'm questioning the earlier post that said he got 4 years total for $250.

Here is the trick they use in store, when you buy the warranty with the TV, they try to sell you the warranty, if you negotiate the warranty price they reduce it, but they don't reduce the plan price they reduce the TV price, because they make more money on the warranty, and if you need to replace the TV under warranty they only replace the value that was paid for the TV at time of purchase, in this case it's gonna be less than what you think you paid, hence it's not really in your favor.
Feb 19, 2019
153 posts
54 upvotes
sghgigi wrote: 4 years in total.
Do you mind telling me which store sold you a 4 years warranty for $250? I wanna go there and get one.

Also a proof of purchase would be helpful Slightly Smiling Face
Feb 19, 2019
153 posts
54 upvotes
Pouyanem wrote: Can you advise on how to negotiate to get that price?
I don't think that's happening, don't mind what people say they hope for, and pay attention to what people say they did then demand proof.
Feb 19, 2019
153 posts
54 upvotes
My next option was to get a unit from 2001 audio video, the store at 1420 Kennedy has 1 in stock listed at $2597 and is an open box, I called and a sales person named Abu said the price could be negotiated and an extended warranty could be purchased, I suggest you check them out but be quick because this is not a PM lol

Thread Information

There are currently 5 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 5 guests)