Expired Hot Deals

(Visions, Costco, BB, 2001) LG OLED 65C9 $3298 55C9 $2298 65B9 $2998 55B9 $1998

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 25th, 2020 8:39 am
Tags:
Jun 7, 2016
46 posts
18 upvotes
sweetchaos wrote: Rtings released the review of Vizio OLED 2020 today!
Link for review.
Link for comparison between Vizio and LG CX.

Thoughts?
Where can you buy Vizio in Canada anymore? Didn’t they abandon this market?
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2011
1629 posts
999 upvotes
Toronto
spena wrote: Return is 15days upon pick up but i am not sure if there are restocking fees and you have to physically bring to the location. If you want a better return policy, better buy from amazon instead
Where are you seeing 15 days? Their website says 30 days for returns and 60 days for price protection.
https://www.visions.ca/info/CustomerSat ... nGuarantee

Amazon on the other hand has no price protection at all and if you need to return you have to pay for the return shipping.

Maybe I’m missing something.
Nov 9, 2010
7 posts
2 upvotes
Montréal
Link for review.

Thoughts?
Fairly sure Vizio isn't distributing in Canada anymore
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2008
1801 posts
585 upvotes
system64 wrote: Looking to purchase a CX 65". My question... if the unit was priced the same at Best Buy, Visions, Costco and 2001 Audio Video, which retailer offers the best extended warranty?

Thanks.
sidshock wrote: Costco!
Why did you pick costco for warranty.

BB warranty covers burn-in but is more expensive. Costco warranty does not cover burn-in but maybe they do good by you in any case.
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2005
2113 posts
810 upvotes
itrocks4u wrote: Why did you pick costco for warranty.

BB warranty covers burn-in but is more expensive. Costco warranty does not cover burn-in but maybe they do good by you in any case.
The Costco warranty costs 99 dollars which means it is WAY less expensive.
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2005
2113 posts
810 upvotes
Link for review.

Thoughts?
It also looks like the CX crushes it for gaming.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
16031 posts
17458 upvotes
As a C8 owner, I know that I'm not in gaming nirvana, but outside of twitch shooters, this is pretty damn close to a CX experience.

The CX pushing 4K120 on a 3080 at Medium Detail (75 to 120fps) might be a next dimensional experience for shooter aficionados. I'm expecting stories to drop in from 3080 owners by about Christmas 2020.
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2005
2113 posts
810 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote: As a C8 owner, I know that I'm not in gaming nirvana, but outside of twitch shooters, this is pretty damn close to a CX experience.

The CX pushing 4K120 on a 3080 at Medium Detail (75 to 120fps) might be a next dimensional experience for shooter aficionados. I'm expecting stories to drop in from 3080 owners by about Christmas 2020.
If you aren't playing multiplayer FPS then 4K60 is fine even for shooters!
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
16031 posts
17458 upvotes
feminazi wrote: If you aren't playing multiplayer FPS then 4K60 is fine even for shooters!
I agree, especially in my mid-30s now, with aging orbs. It's a different strokes for different folks thing, a 21 year old guy playing a twitch shooter might demand 144Hz or 240Hz.
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2005
2113 posts
810 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote: I agree, especially in my mid-30s now, with aging orbs. It's a different strokes for different folks thing, a 21 year old guy playing a twitch shooter might demand 144Hz or 240Hz.
Damn those mid-30s are when you start to finally feel like you are getting older. You can stave off most of the worst effects of aging by lifting weights, exercising, eating well etc. but the decline is real.

I look at the title/URL for this thread every now and then and love seeing how much OLED prices have fallen since this thread was created. I wonder when 655 inch OLEDs will break the 1500 dollar threshold, the 65 inch models will drop below 2000 dollars here in Canada and when the 77 inch models will fall below 3000 dollars?!

People are already buying 8K TVs and I shake my head if they only want to use it for watching TV because we don't even have all of our content at 4K yet!?!!? Upscaling is going to have to be a major focus going forward and incredible new compression algorithms are going to be required to stream 8K content.

8K is unlikely to have the impact that going to 1080p did, which was an incredible one. 4K is awesome when you include HDR but I don't think we will see widespread 8K adoption in the next five years so these LG OLEDs will have been very future-proof investments. I am going to keep mine for at least five years I think and then maybe hand it down or sell it or something and then I will use the Visions warranty store credit to buy another TV or maybe an audio product if I can get a better TV deal elsewhere. Visions seems quite willing to play ball when it comes to price and their employees seem very personable and helpful so I don't mind going back there over and over. If their warranty was the best in the industry I don't see why I would consider shopping elsewhere but it isn't . . . but hey, take the best price you can get, get them to price match it and even beat it and then consider asking how much lower they will go if you buy the warranty. If you get another 200 bucks off you are getting the warranty for half price and you get it back in five years whilst having some peace of mind.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2014
1173 posts
349 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Anyone know of a decent price for 77"?
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2008
1801 posts
585 upvotes
RFD6482 wrote: Anyone know of a decent price for 77"?
If you have the money, it's already a decent price. Don't settle for 65!
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2005
2113 posts
810 upvotes
RFD6482 wrote: Anyone know of a decent price for 77"?
Some guys are saying they are getting just under 5000 dollars as their best price but that is 2x the best price of the 65 which is 2500 dollars. That is one hell of a premium for the size difference but if you are loaded and you don't mind dropping five grand on a TV there you go.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2014
1173 posts
349 upvotes
Toronto, ON
feminazi wrote: Some guys are saying they are getting just under 5000 dollars as their best price but that is 2x the best price of the 65 which is 2500 dollars. That is one hell of a premium for the size difference but if you are loaded and you don't mind dropping five grand on a TV there you go.
yeah, I was hoping something like 3-4k but was also looking at the 85" Q80T but thats like 5k too.

77" OLED vs 85" Q80T - is the extra size worth it? is the OLED worth it? etc. decisions decisions
Sep 28, 2011
487 posts
173 upvotes
Alberta
feminazi wrote: Damn those mid-30s are when you start to finally feel like you are getting older. You can stave off most of the worst effects of aging by lifting weights, exercising, eating well etc. but the decline is real.
Try working at a university. Going to the gym there is quite humbling. You’re always up against kids in their prime.

But I get the last laugh as the all put on a good 10kg after they graduate and land their first job...

Back on topic, has anyone looked at Skyworth Oled? Seems to be a cheap Chinese brand, but they sell them here in Canada. 55” was like $1400.

EDIT: looks like it’s cheaper now, less than $1200 but I don’t know the retailer: https://www.sight-sound.ca/skyworth-55- ... droid.html