(Visions, Costco, BB, 2001) LG OLED 65C9 $3298 55C9 $2298 65B9 $2998 55B9 $1998

• Last Updated:
  • May 30th, 2020 12:08 pm
Tags:
Aug 26, 2008
825 posts
335 upvotes
Montreal
MichaelM70458 wrote: I see Gibby's has the C9 65" for $2398 on an open box. Is this worth it? I really don't want to have to go through the hassle of returning it. Are they really checked by experts to be 100% good, or am I just inheriting someone elses problems?
I was facing a similar conundrum with the BestBuy A8G "open box" and decided to go for it. The difference, however, is that BestBuy clearly has a great return policy (until May 1, which may be adjusted I guess), Gibby's hasn't updated their policy so it's limited to 15 days. So far, I don't think the smaller companies have been able to organize themselves, and their service is very scaled down.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 21, 2007
5404 posts
415 upvotes
Markham
cyphon21 wrote: Still shows $2199 for me.
sale must be over, as i did check yesterday and it showed 1899 but back to 2199
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
19519 posts
591 upvotes
Shanghai, China
Dr. Grinch wrote: Check out this demo video. It's pretty magical in real life. I have some good 720p stuff that looks amazing on my 4K TVs with this:
Oh wow! I'm assuming it can only upgrade sources played within the Shield? Can you connect something like a DVR to it and have the Shield upscale the content?
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
19519 posts
591 upvotes
Shanghai, China
davidm wrote: I was facing a similar conundrum with the BestBuy A8G "open box" and decided to go for it. The difference, however, is that BestBuy clearly has a great return policy (until May 1, which may be adjusted I guess), Gibby's hasn't updated their policy so it's limited to 15 days. So far, I don't think the smaller companies have been able to organize themselves, and their service is very scaled down.
BestBuy is allow all returns until May 1st?
Oct 16, 2007
535 posts
161 upvotes
Montr
cyphon21 wrote: Only difference I could see is the HDMI 2.1 support. How is the OS better? Can you explain?
Typo, meant to write IS, not OS
Dec 2, 2007
412 posts
178 upvotes
Sgt_Strider wrote: Oh wow! I'm assuming it can only upgrade sources played within the Shield? Can you connect something like a DVR to it and have the Shield upscale the content?
No, it's only gonna do things that it can stream the data itself. However, let's say you DVR'd a show and could get the files off in MP4 or MKV or whatever format. If you play back in Kodi it will upscale there. Upscaled stuff in Kodi can look very good.
Feb 6, 2019
42 posts
21 upvotes
FYI Costco has the 65” B9 on for $2199 in the warehouse right now. Picked one up yesterday finally.

Craziest thing happened to me. Bought it and brought it home and when we unboxed it, it was a crappy Sony Bravia tv in the box! I couldn’t believe it but went back and got an exchange right away. I was so baffled lol
Oct 16, 2007
535 posts
161 upvotes
Montr
Wpgleafs wrote: FYI Costco has the 65” B9 on for $2199 in the warehouse right now. Picked one up yesterday finally.

Craziest thing happened to me. Bought it and brought it home and when we unboxed it, it was a crappy Sony Bravia tv in the box! I couldn’t believe it but went back and got an exchange right away. I was so baffled lol
I still expect it to drop down to 2000$ with the new model coming out. But I guess you have 90 days to price match it anyway
Oct 11, 2009
51 posts
14 upvotes
montreal
Wpgleafs wrote: FYI Costco has the 65” B9 on for $2199 in the warehouse right now. Picked one up yesterday finally.

What was the price for 65C9 ?
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2011
1476 posts
845 upvotes
Toronto

Was it an open box unit? I'm trying to understand how it would even fit inside the box since it wouldn't fit in the styrofoam for the LG nor would it necessarily fit the box either.
Feb 6, 2019
42 posts
21 upvotes
Alexandero2 wrote: Was it an open box unit? I'm trying to understand how it would even fit inside the box since it wouldn't fit in the styrofoam for the LG nor would it necessarily fit the box either.
Everybody at the store was baffled. Costco didn’t even know how it would happen either, said it had to have been from the manufacturer somehow as they don’t resell returns. It was in a LG box, strapped and taped like all of them. It was a new tv but a crappy 65 Sony Bravia. The styrofoam was different but managed to fit the box exactly somehow. It was the strangest thing and I couldn’t believe it happened
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2006
2462 posts
380 upvotes
Kitchener, ON

Any chance you saw what the 55" was going for?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

steveman