Expired Hot Deals

[Visions Electronics] $298 - Sony XAV-AX100 - 6.4" head unit - Android Auto / Apple Car Play

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 11th, 2019 7:17 pm
Tags:
None
Oct 4, 2015
32 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto, ON
blackston3 wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 1:46 am
I installed my unit about 2 days ago. I found BBB to be a great source for wiring diagrams: http://www.bbbind.com/free-tsb/

Other than that, here's what I can tell you. Where the driver's pedals (accelerate or brake), my car had a cluster of wires starting there that were then dispersed throughout the car, I found my reverse wire there that I tapped into. I checked BBB regarding your car, but there wasn't an RVR model listed there. One trick I learned throughout researching my own car was to open your tail light and check which wire went into/for the reverse (white lights) of your car, then go back to that driver's pedal area and tap into that same color wire to get your reverse-in cable. Buy an electrical splice/tap set kit from Amazon, they really help with tapping in an existing wire set and connecting from there. Also, if you get stuck, live-chat or call Clutchfield, they are really helpful for pulling up diagrams/assisting you, according to many forums

Other than that, just follow white[1]'s method above and just tap into the reverse light's wire from the source and wire it to the front of the car. Whichever method you choose, it's actually all still really simple.

I'm really surprised your vehicle doesn't use an RCA/yellow cable for the video feed. This one may be tricky. Follow white[1]'s directions about asking in a Mitsubishi specific forum, they would very likely be much more informative. Those places are where I got a lot of my wiring answers for my vehicle's installation
Ya I just double checked on BBB. There is a TSB for the Mitsubishi outlander sport ( which is called an RVR in Canada) but no wiring diagram unfortunately. I'm sure the reverse/backup cable is behind the receiver since my previous OEM receiver used the reverse camera. I will have to keep investigating and hopefully find a wire guide, or learn how to check all the cables via a multimeter. I will check the color of the wire for the reverse lights and see if one matched behind the receiver, and will contact clutchfield/look up some more forums on my vehicle.

Ya, I was surprised as well. The OEM receiver doesn't support a RCA jack for the reverse feed. I'm sure if I found the cables that hold the camera feed, I could just harvest an RCA end and solder it together.
Oct 12, 2005
109 posts
35 upvotes
Montreal
Just finished installing the Sony unit a few days ago. Really satisfied with everything so far. Here's a look at the "before and after" for those that have a Santa Fe Sport 2014.
Images
  • 20190108_144207.jpg
  • 20190109_015444.jpg
Nov 12, 2009
433 posts
448 upvotes
needeals wrote: Just finished installing the Sony unit a few days ago. Really satisfied with everything so far. Here's a look at the "before and after" for those that have a Santa Fe Sport 2014.
Looks like factory!
Feb 10, 2011
132 posts
74 upvotes
Toronto
Lasvad wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 1:10 am
Anyone know a good resource for car wire identifying or installations instructions? I bought the extra harness needed from crutchfield to connect the sony harness with the factory harness and have that pretty much all ready to go besides the "reverse in" cable. Crutchfields custom instructions don't really help identify the wires coming from the vehicle itself. I need to identify the wires for the reverse signal, and which wires are for the camera. My 2017 Mitsubishi RVR ( outlander sport in the US) doesn't use a regular RCA end for video source from the pre-installed backup camera. It must be one of the cables that is inserted into the factory harness.

Not really sure how to even start looking into this. I've done some googling but results seem weaker then I thought they would be. I must be using incorrect search terms as there must be a way to learn how to identify what each cable in the factory harness is for!

Any advice?
This is what you need: https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_10 ... SUCAM.html

It will convert your oem backup camera connector into an RCA which can easily connect to an aftermarket stereo. I have an RVR myself and I used it to connect an aftermarket camera to an OEM head unit.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
24746 posts
5025 upvotes
danascully wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 3:41 am
Yes, please quote the relevant law where this is exempted.

If you can't, then just concede that you are wrong and move on, please.
:facepalm:
blackston3 wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 3:48 am
Are you unable to use Google? Not hard
Thank you, saved me from having to pull my hair out at nonsense posts like the other one.
Sep 4, 2009
442 posts
195 upvotes
Calgary
Here are my two installs. As mentioned earlier, forester has a backup camera going to the head unit as well. The Crosstour has the factory camera that runs to the rear view mirror and I’ve been using it for years like that - no point in changing it up now.

The Crosstour has some room in the new dash, so I put a USB plug in right on the dash itself. Sort of regretting that now. Also, for anyone using the same dash on a Crosstour or Accord (same dash unit), aside from removing the vent, hazard light switch, climate control buttons, ALSO remove the bottom trim attached to the original dash and attach it back to the new one. I didn’t know and found out after I had almost completely put everything back together. Ended up removing the entire unit to put that bottom trim back on and then reinstalling the whole thing again.

Edit: on the forester every thing works 100%. On the Crosstour, the auto-dimming doesn’t work. Not sure why. I had tested all leads with a multimeter. Either there is no dimming on that vehicle or the harness is not connecting the correct dimmer cable to the radio. There’s a cable that doesn’t match exactly on the harness to the Sony unit. One had an orange with white stripe and the other was just solid orange. Since the harness didn’t have a matching wire I soldered those two together but it doesn’t seem to be working. Oh well, I don’t need to have the dimming happen automatically - I’m dimming it permanently for now.
Images
  • 48AFF01A-723B-493D-A142-0D46C51B3340.jpeg
  • 1132371D-AFFE-4A74-B502-0D025FC4E61B.jpeg
- Don't support hoarding. Do your research, decide on the price you want to pay for it. Don't ever pay more than that.
Nov 2, 2018
18 posts
5 upvotes
Vancouver
The latest Spotify update seems to have fixed the offline songs not working on android auto head units. Took a while for them to fix but it works.
Sep 9, 2007
228 posts
83 upvotes
while[1 wrote:;do;done post_id=30411221 time=1547273901 user_id=255505]Here are my two installs. As mentioned earlier, forester has a backup camera going to the head unit as well. The Crosstour has the factory camera that runs to the rear view mirror and I’ve been using it for years like that - no point in changing it up now.

The Crosstour has some room in the new dash, so I put a USB plug in right on the dash itself. Sort of regretting that now. Also, for anyone using the same dash on a Crosstour or Accord (same dash unit), aside from removing the vent, hazard light switch, climate control buttons, ALSO remove the bottom trim attached to the original dash and attach it back to the new one. I didn’t know and found out after I had almost completely put everything back together. Ended up removing the entire unit to put that bottom trim back on and then reinstalling the whole thing again.

Edit: on the forester every thing works 100%. On the Crosstour, the auto-dimming doesn’t work. Not sure why. I had tested all leads with a multimeter. Either there is no dimming on that vehicle or the harness is not connecting the correct dimmer cable to the radio. There’s a cable that doesn’t match exactly on the harness to the Sony unit. One had an orange with white stripe and the other was just solid orange. Since the harness didn’t have a matching wire I soldered those two together but it doesn’t seem to be working. Oh well, I don’t need to have the dimming happen automatically - I’m dimming it permanently for now.
I'm about to do an install on a crosstour as well, are you saying the stock backup camera can still function as normal with the new deck installed without changing up the wiring?
Sep 4, 2009
442 posts
195 upvotes
Calgary
drtoohotty wrote:
Jan 12th, 2019 10:42 am
I'm about to do an install on a crosstour as well, are you saying the stock backup camera can still function as normal with the new deck installed without changing up the wiring?
Stock back up camera goes to my rear view mirror not the head unit. Not sure about yours. So they won’t interfere with each other. At least for me. I have the non-Navi Crosstour.
- Don't support hoarding. Do your research, decide on the price you want to pay for it. Don't ever pay more than that.
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2013
1275 posts
830 upvotes
Just picked up AX200.

What store/website are people using to purchase the harness and dash kit? Crutchfield?

Any other place? I noticed that the harness for my 2013 Tucson is $140 on crutchfield, but visions guy had a simple $30 one.

Which would be more accurate of the 2?
Jun 7, 2017
869 posts
1988 upvotes
New Brunswick
theganguly wrote: Just picked up AX200.

What store/website are people using to purchase the harness and dash kit? Crutchfield?

Any other place? I noticed that the harness for my 2013 Tucson is $140 on crutchfield, but visions guy had a simple $30 one.

Amazon has the parts.
Sep 4, 2009
442 posts
195 upvotes
Calgary
theganguly wrote:
Jan 12th, 2019 2:03 pm
Just picked up AX200.

Not sure which exact model of Tucson you have. Here’s a simple incomplete list of items you’d probably need from Amazon.

Metra 70-7304 Wiring Harness for Select 2010-Up Kia and Hyundai Vehicles https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B004M8RXT2/ref ... oCbAMD6NZT

Metra 99-7341B Hyundai Tucson 2010-up Installation Dash Kit for Single or Double DIN/ISO Radios, Black https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B004WG1YUS/ref ... oCbQR7W6KA

Both seem to have prime one day in my area. You may need other items such as steering wheel control and such. Will depend on what you already have in your car.

Edit: you may need this as well, but it seems Amazon doesn’t sell this part only 3rd party resellers:

Scosche KAAB Antenna Adapter for 2008 Select Kia/Hyundai https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B004H1V976/ref ... oCbVVRR4DC
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2002
2778 posts
497 upvotes
Ajax
Installed in 2004 Mazda GT with wiring harness and kit from Crutchfield. Works like a charm . Only downfall is volume knob is close to edge of plastic on the kit.