Expired Hot Deals

[Visions Electronics] 78$ Sylvania 12" 30 Watt Woofer Portable Speaker with FM and Bluetooth [shipping incl]

[OP]
Jr. Member
User avatar
Nov 26, 2018
106 posts
995 upvotes
Mariana's Web

[Visions Electronics] 78$ Sylvania 12" 30 Watt Woofer Portable Speaker with FM and Bluetooth [shipping incl]

Visions Electronics price drop deal 78$ only with free shipping

Sylvania 30 Watt Portable Speaker

Mobile link - https://m.visions.ca/#!/home-productdet ... ctid=49023

From comments - Audio/video sample from RFD’er who received his speaker.
Sylv-1.png


6527ED5C-38F7-4031-9DF0-C1FC45703CCC.jpeg
6B7C6AFC-712D-46A9-B3FF-72B64722ED15.jpeg
00EF8699-EAB8-4ABF-AE8E-9089159EF6A8.jpeg



More images and features on thebrick.com site - https://www.thebrick.com/products/sylva ... ker-spa125


Sylvania Tailgate Portable Speaker Highlights
  • Light up your party speaker features a colorful light array that strobe to your music
  • Bluetooth connectivity allows you to control music wirelessly via Bluetooth from anywhere in the room with your smart device
  • Auxiliary input offers easy hook up of wired microphone or instrument for some live performances to play recorded music or to make announcements
  • Designed for easy portability with wheels and a collapsible handle
  • This speaker is ideal for outdoor as well as indoor events
  • Dynamic and powerful 12" speaker woofer
  • USB power bank to conveniently recharge your smartphone, tablet, and more
  • TF card slot allows you to load up even more music to play
  • FM radio with bright clear display
  • Wired microphone and microphone input jack
  • A powerful, rechargeable battery keeps the party going
  • Dynamic, powerful 30W speaker system
  • Remote control included


Visions Electronics provide 30 day full refund on returns


Visions Rewards free sign up gives you 30 days additional warranty, Sign up here (As mentioned by morty420 below in comments thanks!)
Last edited by Yel143 on Apr 19th, 2020 10:33 pm, edited 13 times in total.
Thread Summary
One day/ price slashed offer on 30Watt portable speaker with several input support
86 replies
Newbie
Jul 12, 2017
93 posts
175 upvotes
I really really really do not NEED this. I definitely do not NEED to be spending money on speakers. I already spent money on Edifier headphones which I did not NEED. However, those did arrive today, and ARE totally awesome!

Such depressing times right now... but MAYBE this $68 fun-machine will make my summertime outdoor projector movie get-togethers even better! Maybe it will make my last-minute hotel getaways with wifey extra fun! Maybe it will make these depressing times disappear!

Only one way to find out..... IN FOR ONE! Thanks op! :)

EDIT: After placing my order, I noticed Visions has a "Visions Electronics Rewards" program, which is free. It gives you extra 30 days warranty. It also gives extra 30 days "return period". I suggest signing up: https://www.visions.ca/info/rewardSignup.aspx -- I signed up AFTER I placed my order, but hopefully it still takes effect. I recommend signing up first just to be sure.
[OP]
Jr. Member
User avatar
Nov 26, 2018
106 posts
995 upvotes
Mariana's Web
morty420 wrote: I really really really do not NEED this. I definitely do not NEED to be spending money on speakers. I already spent money on Edifier headphones which I did not NEED. However, those did arrive today, and ARE totally awesome!

Such depressing times right now... but MAYBE this $68 fun-machine will make my summertime outdoor projector movie get-togethers even better! Maybe it will make my last-minute hotel getaways with wifey extra fun! Maybe it will make these depressing times disappear!

Only one way to find out..... IN FOR ONE! Thanks op! :)

EDIT: After placing my order, I noticed Visions has a "Visions Electronics Rewards" program, which is free. It gives you extra 30 days warranty. It also gives extra 30 days "return period". I suggest signing up: https://www.visions.ca/info/rewardSignup.aspx -- I signed up AFTER I placed my order, but hopefully it still takes effect. I recommend signing up first just to be sure.

Thanks morty420 added to the post!
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Nov 21, 2002
9431 posts
2056 upvotes
Winnipeg
I bought 2x @$15 bucks each for an 8 inch sylvania last year at walmart. They worked great better than expected.

But here's the thing. Look at the picture of the back, up close. You'll see its charged by micro usb.

That port maxes at 1.8amps. That is the max rated charge. You can exceed it as many had done on the rpi but its rated only for 1.8amp and its designed to charge the internal battery. The whole box is designed to run off battery.

So if its 30w. So 30 divided by 5(v)=6 amps. Plus the lights and any other leds/lcd etc then its probably more like 35w. Plus psu most would be sold with ample overhead if it were meant to run off plug.

The jyst well its not something you can run plugged in. Its just not. Otherwise its been great to have and the measly little battery actually lasts if not too loud. I have honestly thought about gutting it and adding higher capacity batteries.

so you really can't run it close to max and be plug in. There's not enough power.
Newbie
Jul 12, 2017
93 posts
175 upvotes
lead wrote: But here's the thing. Look at the picture of the back, up close. You'll see its charged by micro usb.
I am not too sure about that (being charged by micro usb).

I DuckDuckGo'd this model to get as much info as I could find. I found that Curtis sells the same SPA121 unit: https://www.curtisint.com/product/spa121/

They post the user manual in PDF: http://legacy.curtisint.com/html/CustSe ... nglish.pdf

The manual shows a "round" power connector, labelled 9v.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Nov 21, 2002
9431 posts
2056 upvotes
Winnipeg
morty420 wrote: I am not too sure about that (being charged by micro usb).

I DuckDuckGo'd this model to get as much info as I could find. I found that Curtis sells the same SPA121 unit: https://www.curtisint.com/product/spa121/

They post the user manual in PDF: http://legacy.curtisint.com/html/CustSe ... nglish.pdf

The manual shows a "round" power connector, labelled 9v.
too bad you can't goto store to find out.
But here its sold at the brick same model number which has the back photo you can zoom in on.

https://www.thebrick.com/products/sylva ... ker-spa125

it matches the op's photo and it clearly shows the 5v micro usb connector.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Nov 21, 2002
9431 posts
2056 upvotes
Winnipeg
morty420 wrote: I am not too sure about that (being charged by micro usb).

I DuckDuckGo'd this model to get as much info as I could find. I found that Curtis sells the same SPA121 unit: https://www.curtisint.com/product/spa121/

They post the user manual in PDF: http://legacy.curtisint.com/html/CustSe ... nglish.pdf

The manual shows a "round" power connector, labelled 9v.
actually double checking their might be 2 virtually looking identical models labeled spa121 and spa125. Atleast thats the model the brick gives and they are identical to the op's photos for the model 125 which has the matching photo of the micro usb. Yet they both share the exact same upc code?
Yet I can't find any manual for spa125 it at curtis or any product called spa125 at curtis
Last edited by lead on Apr 1st, 2020 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Newbie
Jul 12, 2017
93 posts
175 upvotes
lead wrote: too bad you can't goto store to find out.
But here its sold at the brick same model number which has the back photo you can zoom in on.
No, it does not match the Brick's model number. The Brick's model number clearly shows: SPA125

The Visions model number clearly shows: SPA121

I would trust information from http://sylvania.curtisint.com/ over "The Brick's" website any day!
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Nov 21, 2002
9431 posts
2056 upvotes
Winnipeg
morty420 wrote: No, it does not match the Brick's model number. The Brick's model number clearly shows: SPA125

The Visions model number clearly shows: SPA121

I would trust information from http://sylvania.curtisint.com/ over "The Brick's" website any day!
but I can't find any spa125 even at curtis? and they share the same upc code.
spa121=UPC #: 058465809645
spa125=UPC #: 058465809645
Newbie
Jul 12, 2017
93 posts
175 upvotes
lead wrote: but I can't find any spa125 even at curtis? and they share the same upc code.
spa121=UPC #: 058465809645
spa125=UPC #: 058465809645
No doubt that IS confusing, and I do understand your concern, and I also appreciate your posts! You could be right and I may end up with a stupid micro-usb power adapter. But, I reverse image searched The Brick's image (link at URL https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/2660/ ... _1400x.jpg) and the only place this image shows up according to Google Search is in on The Brick's website, which shows a different model number than Vision's product.

Whereas you can search the model number listed on Visions website on Sylvania's website, and their PDF manual shows a round 9v connector.

The only way I am going to know what I am getting is when it arrives by mail. Its a risk I am certainly willing to take! :)
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
26923 posts
7202 upvotes
morty420 wrote: I really really really do not NEED this. I definitely do not NEED to be spending money on speakers. I already spent money on Edifier headphones which I did not NEED. However, those did arrive today, and ARE totally awesome!

Such depressing times right now... but MAYBE this $68 fun-machine will make my summertime outdoor projector movie get-togethers even better! Maybe it will make my last-minute hotel getaways with wifey extra fun! Maybe it will make these depressing times disappear!
LOL don't worry "some" people are spending way more money than $68 right now haha. But thing is when I'm working I never have time to shop that much so yeah. This type of speaker is not my cup of tea and thankfully I haven't been drawn in by any recent hot deals on RFD, but still been too spendy I think. It actually might be a good thing the border is closed right now because that's where I usually do most of my higher $ spending :lol:
Member
User avatar
Jan 23, 2009
328 posts
229 upvotes
VI
lead wrote: I bought 2x @$15 bucks each for an 8 inch sylvania last year at walmart. They worked great better than expected.

But here's the thing. Look at the picture of the back, up close. You'll see its charged by micro usb.

That port maxes at 1.8amps. That is the max rated charge. You can exceed it as many had done on the rpi but its rated only for 1.8amp and its designed to charge the internal battery. The whole box is designed to run off battery.

So if its 30w. So 30 divided by 5(v)=6 amps. Plus the lights and any other leds/lcd etc then its probably more like 35w. Plus psu most would be sold with ample overhead if it were meant to run off plug.

The jyst well its not something you can run plugged in. Its just not. Otherwise its been great to have and the measly little battery actually lasts if not too loud. I have honestly thought about gutting it and adding higher capacity batteries.

so you really can't run it close to max and be plug in. There's not enough power.
That is effectively true but I think the 1.8 is just the charging current, you can pull whatever you want from the battery. 5V and 1 amp charging just means that's the most it will pull to charge the battery and the amplifier inside could theoretically pull 20 amps at whatever voltage it's internally converted to.

What does mean is there is no way you can power this at full rated output off AC power and the battery will die even if plugged in.

Also any wattage rating is crap on anything of this grade of equipment. 50 watt powered Sylvania speake most likely more like 8 tops.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 12, 2005
1360 posts
87 upvotes
Mississauga
digidon wrote: amplifier inside could theoretically pull 20 amps
12 Gauge wire is required for 20 amp load, micro USB itself is not that big

Top