Expired Hot Deals

[Visions Electronics] 78$ Sylvania 12" 30 Watt Woofer Portable Speaker with FM and Bluetooth [shipping incl]

Jan 23, 2009
324 posts
219 upvotes
VI
crasher wrote: 12 Gauge wire is required for 20 amp load, micro USB itself is not that big
Again, true, but, again, that has nothing to do with the internal amplifier pulling power from the battery. Also I think for short runs 14 gauge is allowed, and even if it was 12 gauge we have no idea what size wire is going from the battery to the amplifier circuitry.

TL; DR I'm still correct, even though I was choosing an exaggerated number to make a point.

Ps that point was that charging current has absolutely nothing to do with how much output current this device (or any battery powered device) is capable of.
May 2, 2008
402 posts
619 upvotes
Toronto, Canada
lead wrote: I think atrophy is setting in from covid isolation. You did see the inside photos right?
https://fccid.io/SXX-KTS1155/Internal-P ... to-4523707
I kind of got excited at the beginning of the thread, thinking this was something similar to the ION speakers they used to sell at Costco. Was considering getting one.
Until I saw these internal photos. To me, this really looks like a $10 speaker put in an oversized enclosure.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2002
3369 posts
600 upvotes
Brampton
I dont mind cheap construction, as long as holds together and sounds decent, which it seems is indicated by the reviews.
INFORMATION: The requested thread does not exist.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2002
3369 posts
600 upvotes
Brampton
Apparently its taken almost a week to make the 4 hour trip from the Richmond BC origin to Kelowna BC. At that rate I should get it in Ontario by about Christmas.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2006
5851 posts
1601 upvotes
Calgary
Anybody know how i can contact these guys to find out what's going on? my tracking hasn't moved in over a week and they arent responding to emails to the help@visions.ca address... i emailed them 3 days ago.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2002
3369 posts
600 upvotes
Brampton
T3rry wrote: Anybody know how i can contact these guys to find out what's going on? my tracking hasn't moved in over a week and they arent responding to emails to the help@visions.ca address... i emailed them 3 days ago.
Mine shows on Canada post that it was accepted in BC and on route to Ontario, expected April 17, hasn't changed since the 14th.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2006
5851 posts
1601 upvotes
Calgary
prod wrote: Mine shows on Canada post that it was accepted in BC and on route to Ontario, expected April 17, hasn't changed since the 14th.
yeah same (similar)
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2004
1919 posts
52 upvotes
GTA - East York
I received mine on last Friday. It is from BC and they used a company called Loomis which said that the tracking will not be updated until the item arrives at the destination city. Mine got shipped last Monday, last Thursday the website updated the status and delivered on Friday. Hope this helps.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2006
5851 posts
1601 upvotes
Calgary
ditto wrote: I received mine on last Friday. It is from BC and they used a company called Loomis which said that the tracking will not be updated until the item arrives at the destination city. Mine got shipped last Monday, last Thursday the website updated the status and delivered on Friday. Hope this helps.
Loomis is DHL, but mine actually says it was shipped via canada post and shows on their site.