Expired Hot Deals

Visions Electronics

$98 Nakamichi Double-DIN 7" Mechless Touchscreen Car Audio Media Player & BT (NAM1610)

[OP]
Nov 17, 2013
957 posts
187 upvotes
WINNIPEG

[Visions Electronics] $98 Nakamichi Double-DIN 7" Mechless Touchscreen Car Audio Media Player & BT (NAM1610)

Nakamichi Double-DIN 7" Mechless Mirror Link Bluetooth Receiver (NAM1610)

what do you all think? Anyone have this? All the spec's/ features say ,"Information Not Available"
looks like it supports H264/WMV/DIVX/MKV/FLV

One youtube shows it being pretty slick

not much else out there about it.
30 replies
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2004
6773 posts
3891 upvotes
I put the single DIN Nakimichi mechless deck in my 2000 Miata before I sold it. I picked it up from Visions on sale for $30. It worked well, had decent radio reception and played music from a thumbdrive (mp3 and flac).
What I found surprising is it weighed so little and was quite flimsy. I expect had I kept the car (I traded it in on a newer Miata), the hinged cover over the USB slot would have broken off quickly.

My only complaint was the flimsy sleeve that came with it for installation. The deck was held in place with a couple of tin tabs.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 16, 2009
5714 posts
5905 upvotes
GTA
I can't comment on the head unit itself but do know that Nakamichi was once a respected brand of Japanese electronics. Unfortunately that was decades ago as they were bought out by a Chinese company that churns out cheap products under the name. At that price it is probably ok but I'm not surprised there isn't a lot of information.
c'mon get happy!
Oct 10, 2014
400 posts
349 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Decent unit for standard users needing a replacement, but if you’re building a big stereo with this, do some more homework. I know this brand is not what it once was, and no longer what I’d call a premium brand in car audio.
I wouldn’t use this in any type of SQ install.

Defo a good price for a basic unit though, upvoted.
May 20, 2022
5 posts
3 upvotes
Will definitely get the job done… but don’t expect that old Lexus sound. For the price, no hard feelings.
Deal Expert
Dec 23, 2003
16291 posts
4745 upvotes
Toronto
For the price, it is not bad. I have not used it and only have purchased Alpine Audio back in the day to connect to some JL Audio speakers.

This should fit those old 2002 to 2006 Camry vehicles that used a double din design.
Last edited by hightech on May 26th, 2022 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2003
4710 posts
4418 upvotes
Toronto
$100 is about right for a basic, closed system (i.e. non-Android), non-Carplay/Android Auto, non-Navigation unit without steering wheel controls. If that meets your needs and you can install it yourself, then go for it. $250 original price is inflated.

However, this is only an upgrade if you have a car without BT or USB.
Deal Expert
Sep 1, 2005
16922 posts
11647 upvotes
Markham
Would this fit into a 2012 Dodge Grand caravan. Still have the stock radio unit.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Apr 25, 2007
79 posts
63 upvotes
Toronto
Any recommendations on places in GTA that install this for a reasonable price?
Mar 3, 2011
122 posts
17 upvotes
Any ideas on if it would fit an IS300 2002?
Apr 26, 2022
8 posts
5 upvotes
plymouthhater wrote: I put the single DIN Nakimichi mechless deck in my 2000 Miata before I sold it. I picked it up from Visions on sale for $30. It worked well, had decent radio reception and played music from a thumbdrive (mp3 and flac).
What I found surprising is it weighed so little and was quite flimsy. I expect had I kept the car (I traded it in on a newer Miata), the hinged cover over the USB slot would have broken off quickly.

My only complaint was the flimsy sleeve that came with it for installation. The deck was held in place with a couple of tin tabs.
oh maybe you can give me a few tips? last month I bought a used NB 2000 miata that came with a fully functional but old SONY single DIN. I wanted carplay so I then got the Nakimichi double DIN with carplay from Visions, and new stereo harness from Amazon. for some reason the moment i connect the harness to the double DIN, the car would make a non-stop tick tick tick tick sound.
Oct 10, 2014
400 posts
349 upvotes
Toronto, ON
thecomputer wrote: Any recommendations on places in GTA that install this for a reasonable price?
I'd like to think a simple install like this can be done by any of the shops, but I've learned that many are far from "experts" and really shouldn't be in car audio business (in many cases, creating more problems as they install products).

My two go-to shops when I'm not doing it myself:
Total Motorsport & Sound - Oshawa
- defo my first choice, and worth the trip even if you're not local
20 Hertz - West Toronto

Other shops I'm aware of with good feedback, but I haven't really done my diligence:
Wire Magic (Scarborough)
another shop in Scarborough, on Nugget Ave, forgot the name

Definitely avoid:
Ultimate Car Audio (Oshawa)
Kennedy Hi Fi (screwed up a head unit install in my bro's vehicle - plus other bad references, this shop is NOT what they once were)
Ultra Auto Sound (Sauga)
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2008
2560 posts
1942 upvotes
GTA
thecomputer wrote: Any recommendations on places in GTA that install this for a reasonable price?
On a similar but different installation - Remote starter System. Does any one know any reputable places to install it (in GTA) for reasonable price? GF was gifted a system, but I can't do it. It is for Honda Civic 2017 sedan.

Many thanks
¸

- - - - -
;)
Deal Expert
Sep 1, 2005
16922 posts
11647 upvotes
Markham
Macali wrote: I'd like to think a simple install like this can be done by any of the shops, but I've learned that many are far from "experts" and really shouldn't be in car audio business (in many cases, creating more problems as they install products).

My two go-to shops when I'm not doing it myself:
Total Motorsport & Sound - Oshawa
- defo my first choice, and worth the trip even if you're not local
20 Hertz - West Toronto

Other shops I'm aware of with good feedback, but I haven't really done my diligence:
Wire Magic (Scarborough)
another shop in Scarborough, on Nugget Ave, forgot the name

Definitely avoid:
Ultimate Car Audio (Oshawa)
Kennedy Hi Fi (screwed up a head unit install in my bro's vehicle - plus other bad references, this shop is NOT what they once were)
Ultra Auto Sound (Sauga)
The problem with going to a shop is I have to pay them and it's somewhat obvious I'm too cheap which is why I'm buying this $100 unit in the first place. I'd be installing it myself.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Jan 13, 2012
518 posts
563 upvotes
Vancouver
gr8dlr wrote: The problem with going to a shop is I have to pay them and it's somewhat obvious I'm too cheap which is why I'm buying this $100 unit in the first place. I'd be installing it myself.
According to a quick google, yes, it'll fit a double din. Even as a cheapskate, get the harness adapter over cutting into your factory harness. It seems that there are also modifications to do if you have a factory subwoofer. See https://www.crutchfield.com/g_300/All-Car-Stereos.html as a resource.
Deal Guru
Jun 24, 2006
12033 posts
6018 upvotes
This might be a good upgrade for my 2008 Colorado. Not worth spending much more.

What would I need to install it? I am sure the is a wiring kit of some sort?

Wait, does it have an OS? Or just work off your phone?
Dec 3, 2019
137 posts
233 upvotes
BernardRyder wrote: I can't comment on the head unit itself but do know that Nakamichi was once a respected brand of Japanese electronics. Unfortunately that was decades ago as they were bought out by a Chinese company that churns out cheap products under the name. At that price it is probably ok but I'm not surprised there isn't a lot of information.
My father-in-law was a huge fan and taught me about Nakamichi. Hes passed away now but my mother-in-law still has his awesome early 80s Nakamichi stereo system still set up.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2004
6773 posts
3891 upvotes
Pippen1997 wrote: oh maybe you can give me a few tips? last month I bought a used NB 2000 miata that came with a fully functional but old SONY single DIN. I wanted carplay so I then got the Nakimichi double DIN with carplay from Visions, and new stereo harness from Amazon. for some reason the moment i connect the harness to the double DIN, the car would make a non-stop tick tick tick tick sound.
Does it make the noise with the radio off or radio on with the car off?

Back in the day when I used to replace the OEM AM radio or delete the radio for credit on a new vehicle purchase and I would install my own 8 Tack or cassette deck (I am showing my age here), I often had to put a noise choke/filter on the 12V radio power lead to filter out electrical noise. There's also the potential of ground noise.

Try something like this: https://www.amazon.ca/FMS-Amplifier-Sup ... 1527&psc=1

You can also post your question in the NB Miata section on the Miata Owner's Forum - it's a wealth of info from owner's helping owners: https://forum.miata.net/

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)