Acer 22" monitor - $98

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 16th, 2020 10:47 pm
[OP]
Sep 29, 2013
38 posts
78 upvotes

[Visions Electronics] Acer 22" monitor - $98

If you're in the market for a cheap monitor, this is a great deal. I haven't found anything cheaper in the last few months at any of the major retailers.

You may get better specs for a little more money, but in terms of just money spent, this is the best I've seen.
13 replies
Deal Expert
Nov 2, 2003
16798 posts
3312 upvotes
GTA
i usually buy used when i need something low end.
it's cheaper, bigger, and more environmentally friendly as you're saving a piece of electronic from hitting the dump
i.e. kijiji has 24" LEDs going for less than this.

having said that if you must buy new i do agree this is as low as it will get.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2015
1336 posts
915 upvotes
I can't tell but does this come with an external power brick? From the picture I'm assuming yes, but the acer website just says powercord. Maybe it's an oversized plug with the PSU built into it?
May 18, 2007
883 posts
1666 upvotes
Toronto
actng wrote: i usually buy used when i need something low end.
Yup! Your local Value Village will have half doz 18-29" monitors for under $25. Re-use is better (and way cheaper)!
Deal Expert
Nov 2, 2003
16798 posts
3312 upvotes
GTA
Quickman wrote: I can't tell but does this come with an external power brick? From the picture I'm assuming yes, but the acer website just says powercord. Maybe it's an oversized plug with the PSU built into it?
pretty sure power brick. the power connector is the small circle, not the C13/C14 connector. and the monitor is super slim.
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2015
1637 posts
929 upvotes
NOYFB
A couple weeks ago BB had their Insignia 22" Tv on sale for $79, which you can use as monitor

Hopefully the deal will come back soon
plz don't touch my signature.

don't make me less of a human just cause i don't share your "idiotologies".

👮‍♂️👮‍♀️lives matter
May 7, 2004
238 posts
141 upvotes
Scarborough
Dont ruin your eyes. TVs are not supposed to be looked at such a close distance.
Terabithia wrote: A couple weeks ago BB had their Insignia 22" Tv on sale for $79, which you can use as monitor

Hopefully the deal will come back soon
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2015
1637 posts
929 upvotes
NOYFB
silhu wrote: Dont ruin your eyes. TVs are not supposed to be looked at such a close distance.
Oh okay I mentioned using it as a monitor as some rfders said they wanted to do so in the thread about that TV

Thank you for your thoughts :)
plz don't touch my signature.

don't make me less of a human just cause i don't share your "idiotologies".

👮‍♂️👮‍♀️lives matter
[OP]
Sep 29, 2013
38 posts
78 upvotes
My issue has always been that you don't know what year those monitors are from. They're usually those super thick flat screens from 10 years ago. If you don't see it in person you cant' really tell what it looks like, how new it is.
Deal Expert
Nov 2, 2003
16798 posts
3312 upvotes
GTA
joebrown2020 wrote: My issue has always been that you don't know what year those monitors are from. They're usually those super thick flat screens from 10 years ago. If you don't see it in person you cant' really tell what it looks like, how new it is.
there is usually a sticker / label on the back that tells you what year it was made in. a good seller won't mind taking a pic and sending it to you.
i know this cuz i just "threw out" two LCDs from 2005 at work a month or two ago which i regret now as i could use it at home. not sure what i was thinking at the time. anyways i knew they were 2005 cuz of the label.

but yea if you're picky about using brand new then this is prolly as cheap as it will get.
Jun 17, 2020
4 posts
Does anyone know of a monitor stand that will take two monitors back to back. My wife and I share an office table and we sit facing each other. It's pretty wide can can accommodate two monitors but would be nice to have a single sturdy monitor stand that can accept a monitor facing her and one facing me. This will save a bit of space. Of course will want all the adjustability on each side. LMK pls if any suggestions with a weblink to the product. Thks.