• Sep 6th, 2021 2:23 am
[OP]
May 12, 2021
94 posts
340 upvotes
Canada

[Visions Electronics] Anda Seat Assassin King Series Gaming Chair $378

Hey Guys,

Just in time for back to school, treat someone or yourself to an ergonomic gaming chair. The reviews seem decent.

Plus Visions does price matching and adds an additional year of warranty just by signing up to their newsletter.
Cheers
13 replies
Jul 23, 2010
666 posts
245 upvotes
Toronto
I already posted about this chair on the SDM thread. They had it on sale for $250 on the weekend which I picked up since it was all time low very good deal. Great brand and way above generic no name gaming chairs. Now it’s on for $280 all week at SDM.
Images
  • D5045F12-0290-4029-8AC3-854DFB4C2EF4.jpeg
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2015
1185 posts
1253 upvotes
Abbotsford
Zlaner uses this... hence his aimlock
Jan 21, 2014
265 posts
96 upvotes
Vancouver
I have one of these... A little underwhelmed. Not that comfy in comparison to a normal mid quality office chair IMO.
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2015
2085 posts
948 upvotes
Antarctica
For $150-200 more would a secretlabs omega or titan be worth over this? Or may be a refurbished steelcase leap V2 - not a “gaming” chair though.
Aug 28, 2017
92 posts
268 upvotes
Computer chairs are hard to review or find reviews on. I can only go with personal experience.

I got an Ikea Markus because the internet said it was good, and for sure, for its price point it's quite decent. Working from home for 8 hours a day, I found it uncomfortable. Padding was on the low side on the bottom, and there were little adjustments.

I went to staples and tried out a bunch of gamer chairs. Knowing they had a bad rep for ergonomics I was a bit skeptical. The DX brand chairs weren't great from my testing but the Anda ones were decent for the price point. I think this is a good upgrade from the 200 dollar Ikea Markus. I still have both chairs and alternate once in a while, the Anda one is much better.

That said, a legit office chair beats all.
Apr 12, 2013
202 posts
100 upvotes
^^ Even legit office chairs i find are hit/miss. I had a steelcase leap v1 for about a year and our office got brand new v2's right before covid. Both I found were lacking in seat padding and would cause tailbone pain. After reading similar reviews I think you're taking a chance with a leap if you are over 200lbs. The gesture is said to have an even thinner cushion so prob no better.

I've also had two different Aerons. Sold them both because the pressure on my thighs near the seat front was uncomfortable and I missed a high back.

To each their own, I'm still searching for the best chair for me. Good luck
Jul 17, 2011
35 posts
15 upvotes
There is nothing ergonomic about gaming chairs.
Dec 21, 2006
740 posts
494 upvotes
Tactical wrote: I already posted about this chair on the SDM thread. They had it on sale for $250 on the weekend which I picked up since it was all time low very good deal. Great brand and way above generic no name gaming chairs. Now it’s on for $280 all week at SDM.
Bought it from SDM with 40% points back. Not worth $500 MSRP, but $200 (with points back) is an awesome deal.
Sep 29, 2014
230 posts
307 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Ergonomic gaming chair is an oxymoron.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2006
1088 posts
240 upvotes
GTA
I have been using a DX racer for awhile now. It was worth it for when I was in my RBG/boy racer/gamer days. But I need something with better ergonomics.

Next chair for the home office though will most likely be an Embody. Anyone know where I can test one?
Asrock Z97 Extreme6 | Intel i7-4770K | 16GB Kingston HyperX Predator | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080 | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | LG GL83A-B| Schiit Modi 3 + Vali 2 & Senn HD600
Oct 31, 2013
635 posts
259 upvotes
Toronto
Xephy wrote: I have been using a DX racer for awhile now. It was worth it for when I was in my RBG/boy racer/gamer days. But I need something with better ergonomics.

Next chair for the home office though will most likely be an Embody. Anyone know where I can test one?
You seem to know abt seats ..Embody or secret labs?
-Throw me a stone and I will build castle-
May 13, 2014
614 posts
278 upvotes
Vancouver
SeaQuake wrote: ^^ Even legit office chairs i find are hit/miss. I had a steelcase leap v1 for about a year and our office got brand new v2's right before covid. Both I found were lacking in seat padding and would cause tailbone pain. After reading similar reviews I think you're taking a chance with a leap if you are over 200lbs. The gesture is said to have an even thinner cushion so prob no better.
I recommend that everyone avoid the steelcase gesture. I am 150lbs and find that the gesture is as comfortable as an airplane seat. Going into the office and sitting on a gesture for 8hrs every day pre-covid was like flying to Europe every day.