Expired Hot Deals

[Visions Electronics] Apple Airpods with charging case $178 and wireless case $228

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 25th, 2020 3:19 pm
[OP]
Apr 15, 2009
293 posts
89 upvotes

[Visions Electronics] Apple Airpods with charging case $178 and wireless case $228

Visions Electronics has Apple Airpods on sale.
Airpods with charging case is $178 (save $42)
Airpods with wireless case is $228 (save $41)

I have PM with Staples and applied $10 coupon.
Seems like a hot deal to me.
116 replies
Aug 30, 2018
132 posts
85 upvotes
Interestingly, the WIRED charging case version doesn’t specify “2nd Gen”. Wireless version does call it out clearly in the title.

I wonder if the wired case set is Gen 1. I have those and the battery life for calls ain’t great.
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2007
3353 posts
1433 upvotes
GTA
Dealshark3 wrote: Interestingly, the WIRED charging case version doesn’t specify “2nd Gen”. Wireless version does call it out clearly in the title.

I wonder if the wired case set is Gen 1. I have those and the battery life for calls ain’t great.
According to the description, it's Gen 2.
Jun 21, 2003
305 posts
225 upvotes
Dealshark3 wrote: Interestingly, the WIRED charging case version doesn’t specify “2nd Gen”. Wireless version does call it out clearly in the title.

The model number in the title (MV7N2AMA) would suggest this is 2nd gen
Sep 10, 2017
64 posts
52 upvotes
Tried to price match on the phone, but they wouldn't do it since it is on Clearance at Visions.
Last edited by ramsman13 on Feb 14th, 2020 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jun 2, 2007
515 posts
501 upvotes
Toronto
called and price matched with Staples plus they applied $10 off coupon.
thanks for posting the deal
Don't go broke trying to look rich.
Apr 4, 2017
96 posts
43 upvotes
THE 6IX
Thanks! Just bought one
WE THE NORTH!
Jun 15, 2019
208 posts
193 upvotes
Is it true these don’t have different fits like the standard wired headphones Apple gives with the phone? Or is there different cushions for different ear sizes?
May 24, 2007
78 posts
2 upvotes
What coupon code did you use for the $10?
asmalworld wrote: called and price matched with Staples plus they applied $10 off coupon.
thanks for posting the deal
Jan 24, 2009
825 posts
481 upvotes
Montreal
I got sucked into the Apple vortex...and so many people I see around can’t all be wrong.

Debating whether to get these or the refurb QC35s for the same price. Not a fair comparison I suppose, I’m just thinking about use cases where one might be better than the other.

For context, I have a pair of Dudios Zeus Ace for the gym that I use with comply tips that sound great but cumbersome to use. Would AirPods be better?

I also have QC25s that I like and use with a Fiio BTR100 Bluetooth for commuting and flying (actually sounds better then wired plus adapter).

Having 2 Bose NC means the wifey gets one for travel and can plug directly in her S10, but otherwise she would hardly use them.

Advice?
Apr 10, 2009
589 posts
262 upvotes
markham
thanks OP just bought one. this is great deal considering these still cost 180-200 in the used market. $195 all in is amazing for these airpods 2!
Never Trade What You Want Most ,For What You Want In The Moment
[OP]
Apr 15, 2009
293 posts
89 upvotes
ramsman13 wrote: Tried to price match on the phone, but they wouldn't do it since it is on Clearance at Visions.
It doesn’t say anywhere it is clearance.
I priced match on chat and used $10 coupon for subscribing to newsletters.
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2010
2598 posts
1122 upvotes
Sudbury
I wish the AirPods Pro would go on sale....

Currently in the US...debating picking them up for $235USD.....
Dec 22, 2017
254 posts
335 upvotes
randomroyalty wrote: I got sucked into the Apple vortex...and so many people I see around can’t all be wrong.

Debating whether to get these or the refurb QC35s for the same price. Not a fair comparison I suppose, I’m just thinking about use cases where one might be better than the other.

For context, I have a pair of Dudios Zeus Ace for the gym that I use with comply tips that sound great but cumbersome to use. Would AirPods be better?

I also have QC25s that I like and use with a Fiio BTR100 Bluetooth for commuting and flying (actually sounds better then wired plus adapter).

Having 2 Bose NC means the wifey gets one for travel and can plug directly in her S10, but otherwise she would hardly use them.

Advice?
As someone who own Samsung Galaxy Buds, Apple Airpods, Powerbeats Pro, and Bose QC35 IIs, go with Samsung Galaxy Buds.

With the new Samsung Galaxy Buds+ just released, you can find Samsung Galaxy Buds for less than the price of Apple Airpods, the fit is better, sound quality is better due to better isolation, comes with more features (such as hear-through with mic), and is more platform agnostic than the Airpods.

When I first got the Samsung Galaxy Buds, the mic quality for phone calls was not ideal which is why I got the Airpods. With the recent firmware patch, the voice quality through Samsung Galaxy Buds is as good as Apple Airpods. There is no reason to buy Apple Airpods compared to Galaxy Buds now.