Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Visions Electronics

Asus Zephyrus G14 Gaming Laptop $1,499.99

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 7th, 2020 10:34 pm
Tags:
Jan 30, 2007
829 posts
64 upvotes
Toronto
hansdoreen wrote: The build quality, the form factor.
Laptops cannot be compared spec for spec.
Your information is so generic, its likely based off some thread which is likely paid for. I'm basing my comparison on a product I own. So until you produce some real information from multiple sources saying the Dell G5 15 is poor, I'll hold that you just don't like Dell's.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2005
2340 posts
533 upvotes
York
royaltee66 wrote: Are you speaking from some thread? Or do you own this machine. I own the machine and I can tell you the feel is very luxurious. Aside from the cover, I'd say this is a solid well built machine. Good screen and nothing bad with thermals. Did you read those ASUS TUF reviews where people have to drill into the machine to keep it cool? You prefer that? Do you prefer the ASUS with the screen issues where people have to defend it by hooking up an external monitor? The G14 is a good machine but the price for the Dell G5 15 was impressive on the last round given the rebates.
I watch a lot of laptop reviews including one's on the G5 and nobody has given it a very good review. If you enjoy it great, just not one that interests me.

I actually have the Tuf A15 and those suggestions are absolutely absurd. I disabled CPU turbo boosting on the 4800H to ensure temps do not climb over 90C. All my games have been very smooth overall and while the screen is not content creator quality, it does great for its main purpose... gaming.
"It's how you deal with failure that determines how you achieve success."
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2006
2701 posts
1581 upvotes
YVR
At 5.5 pounds and 14.4 x 10 x 0.9 inches, the Dell G5 15 SE is a little large and heavy, even for a typical 15.6 laptop

Asus ROG Zephyrus G14 (3.52 pounds, 12.8 x 8.7 x 0.7 inches) for 14.1 laptop.

They're in very different markets. If you enjoy your G5 great, consider talking about that in that product thread.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2011
2038 posts
2652 upvotes
TORONTO
royaltee66 wrote: Your information is so generic, its likely based off some thread which is likely paid for. I'm basing my comparison on a product I own. So until you produce some real information from multiple sources saying the Dell G5 15 is poor, I'll hold that you just don't like Dell's.
First, I don't have to comment only on things I own. I have some common sense, and I do own quite a few laptops over my life time to have some generalized opinion. Do you own a G14 to have a fair comparison?
Second, I didn't say the Dell G5 15 is poor. And It seems to me you need some justification on your own purchase rather than having a discussion.
Thirdly, if you don't understand "The build quality, the form factor.", I'll explain.

The Asus G14 Zephyrus, is a thin and light premium laptop, built with magnetism alloy, having great performance, adequate thermals, excellent battery life, received praise multiple reputable youtube reviewers. The Dell G5 is dell's mid tier budget gaming laptop. I've tried the G7 before, not the current gen, and I know how it was. I had alienware m15, I know how it was. Not even dell or anyone I've seen called the G5 "very luxurious" like you did.

The two product are for very different user groups. The cost to design, engineer and build those two products are vastly different. That's why I said:" The build quality, the form factor. Laptops cannot be compared spec for spec." I thought anyone with some sense of different lines of products pushing out by so many manufacturers would understand.

Also, for the budget gaming laptop like Dell G5, lenovo legion 5/5i, for your mentioned spec, 1600$ is the normal price, nothing special, sub 1500$ with some rebate would be good/hot. Just from my rfd experience.
Last edited by hansdoreen on Jul 29th, 2020 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RACISM IS THE WORST VIRUS
Jan 30, 2007
829 posts
64 upvotes
Toronto
The Destroyer wrote: I watch a lot of laptop reviews including one's on the G5 and nobody has given it a very good review. If you enjoy it great, just not one that interests me.

I actually have the Tuf A15 and those suggestions are absolutely absurd. I disabled CPU turbo boosting on the 4800H to ensure temps do not climb over 90C. All my games have been very smooth overall and while the screen is not content creator quality, it does great for its main purpose... gaming.
Isn't that interesting? You have a machine which had horrible reviews on thermals and screen and you dismissed a lot of the criticism. It very well could be just a biased review so you may be right on the TUF A15. In the same context, the reviews on the DELL G5 15 could be worthless and baseless.
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2006
1082 posts
814 upvotes
Called Visions in Vaughan, they are OOS. He also checked other Ontario locations and they were also OOS.

Sucks
Oct 18, 2010
51 posts
54 upvotes
Coquitlam
it's universally OOS, but you can place an order. It will take 4-6 weeks
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2011
1443 posts
1085 upvotes
Whitby
desolatioN wrote: Called Visions in Vaughan, they are OOS. He also checked other Ontario locations and they were also OOS.

Sucks
None of the stores have stock, you have to go in person and place the order. They will get it in 2-4 weeks.
[external link removed]
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2017
3039 posts
3801 upvotes
Langley
anescapedconvict wrote: it's universally OOS, but you can place an order. It will take 4-6 weeks
4-6 weeks from now is in and past Back to School sales season.
Anyone wanting to back order this, make sure you can cancel it. I'm sure there will be more deals when BTS sales amp up next month.
Jul 4, 2017
247 posts
431 upvotes
Ican1v5 wrote: Welp. Was hoping it does.
at the moment, only the $2699 model has the animatrix cover, but also the higher rez screen. It's just now becoming available in some markets.
Jan 30, 2007
829 posts
64 upvotes
Toronto
michaelthebear wrote: at the moment, only the $2699 model has the animatrix cover, but also the higher rez screen. It's just now becoming available in some markets.
At this rate though, there will be a 2080 model soon, and then a 3 series. At 2,699 the possibilities are endless.
Jul 4, 2017
247 posts
431 upvotes
royaltee66 wrote: At this rate though, there will be a 2080 model soon, and then a 3 series. At 2,699 the possibilities are endless.
The theory is that after the launch of the next gen consoles, the G14 will get the Navi treatment.
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2019
1556 posts
800 upvotes
fox2 wrote: I agree. I received my Dell G5 Gaming with i7-10750H and RTX 2060 and am going to return it even though I got a killer deal on it (-$1200).

Pros:
- nice screen
- decent performance
- tb3

Cons:
- loud fan. Even for a gaming laptop. Playing a simple puzzle game revved it up to annoying levels. "Quiet" mode does nothing.
- keyboard feels cheap. Keys are a little small, and not a good tactile feel at all.
- laptop is ugly. Looks like something from the mid 2000s with smaller bezels.

The fan noise and keyboard are the deal breakers for me. I dont even want to touch the thing anymore.

It is too bad cause it is $600 cheaper than something like a 2020 hp omen with similar specs but in this case I am considering spending more.
+1. And this is what I keep saying in different threads. There is more to laptops than just the CPu/GPU/RAM/SSD. Many threads seem to devolve around specs only and do not pay attention to form factor, usage, etc. Also many threads comparing apples to oranges. The G15 is a budget gaming laptop. The Zephyrus is a premium laptop targeting thin and light form factor. Every vendor has different laptop chassis, brand positioning, user target, build quality, etc.
Some people complain that this is a Max Q card. Yes, we know. It has a Max Q card to get to the thinness and portability. If you must have a regular 2060 then you buy a more traditional gaming laptop, not this thin and light model. Comparing a fat and heavy gaming chassis model to this thin and light model and complaining about the price delta is not a practical comparison.
Jul 2, 2005
446 posts
175 upvotes
Mississauga
royaltee66 wrote: Kindly tell me why it was not. I bought the Dell G5 15 because its got no issues with thermals, good screen, fast processor, 2060 chip and i saved hundreds from rebates. I also added a 3 year warranty and 3 years drop protection, all for under 1600.
The G5 have good specs and might be good for you, but these are two different laptops with their own use cases. I don't see any other 14" laptop that matches the G14 for that price range+specs.
Personally build quality + weight/size + battery the G14 wins and is worth the price difference. There's a reason why this laptop flies off the shelf... for now.
Dec 14, 2012
341 posts
280 upvotes
EDMONTON
I too just got the dell G5 laptop with RTX2060.
I agree with the fan noise and design issues (ugly, thermal seems to be an issue, heavy)
But I liked the keyboard with small keys.
I am debating on this as well, on returning it or not. To be fair, the screen is very nice, price was around 1400 with 3 year warranty.
Oct 24, 2009
998 posts
1033 upvotes
Vancouver
Damn looks like they just pulled the price. I called in earlier and they said to call back. Now they said need to check with head office... Crossing my fingers but not hopeful...
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2017
1591 posts
3311 upvotes
Toronto
Price back to $1699.

None of the Asus laptops (A15, A17, G14, G15) were available in stores any ways and haven't been for months. They're all on special order that make you wait 4-6 weeks, which by that time will start back to school sales.

Plus I wouldn't leave $2000 in transit like that, especially with a bunch of businesses having sudden closures during this time.
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2016
1546 posts
1598 upvotes
OVOSound wrote: Price back to $1699.

None of the Asus laptops (A15, A17, G14, G15) were available in stores any ways and haven't been for months. They're all on special order that make you wait 4-6 weeks, which by that time will start back to school sales.

Plus I wouldn't leave $2000 in transit like that, especially with a bunch of businesses having sudden closures during this time.
Costco has the 15 in stock: https://www.costco.ca/asus-rog-zephyrus ... 59825.html