Expired Hot Deals

[Visions Electronics] Canon EOS Rebel T7i with EF-S 18-55mm IS II Lens Kit $798 (Save $102)

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 12th, 2020 3:55 pm
[OP]
Newbie
Jan 27, 2014
34 posts
44 upvotes
CALGARY

[Visions Electronics] Canon EOS Rebel T7i with EF-S 18-55mm IS II Lens Kit $798 (Save $102)

Lowest price in the market at $798 - Saving $102! Everyone else is priced at least $50 more.
FIND DEALS, SHARE THEM
17 replies
Member
Jun 5, 2007
269 posts
218 upvotes
Shangri-La
This format is soon to become extinct .
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2006
2445 posts
801 upvotes
cheers2 wrote: This format is soon to become extinct .
there are so many compatible lenses and whatnot floating around it won't die off any time soon. Most people don't upgrade to the next greatest camera right away, especially if you've got thousands invested in lenses etc.

There are lots of people (like me) looking at their old camera bodies (mine is a 50d thats ~12 years old) and figuring out if we're moving to RP or just getting a newer EOS compatible camera for now.

The format will remain in use for a long time to come. You can still buy used cameras > 10 years old all over because they actually still work.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 24, 2012
1302 posts
1135 upvotes
Metro Vancouver
cheers2 wrote: This format is soon to become extinct .
spiralspirit wrote: there are so many compatible lenses and whatnot floating around it won't die off any time soon. Most people don't upgrade to the next greatest camera right away, especially if you've got thousands invested in lenses etc.

There are lots of people (like me) looking at their old camera bodies (mine is a 50d thats ~12 years old) and figuring out if we're moving to RP or just getting a newer EOS compatible camera for now.

The format will remain in use for a long time to come. You can still buy used cameras > 10 years old all over because they actually still work.
Exactly. It's not like with film, where processing has become somewhat harder to find with the move to digital. As long as the camera body works, it will still take great pictures, and as Spiralspirit said lens are easily available from both new and used markets.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Nov 10, 2011
878 posts
837 upvotes
St. Catharines
cheers2 wrote: This format is soon to become extinct .
Depending on your definition of "soon". Won't be extinct in the next few years.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some days I think that I am the only person who knows how to use Google.
Sr. Member
May 13, 2015
920 posts
1245 upvotes
Dartmouth, NS
cheers2 wrote: This format is soon to become extinct .
Yes, things are moving to mirrorless... but if someone wants a DSLR, this is still a good camera.

I started on a T5i and upgraded to an M6mkii ... I just had to get an adaptor and all my lenses still work. My flash still works. So even if someone buys a T7i and starts getting lenses and other gear... they could probably still upgrade to a mirrorless down the road and use the same lenses.

The worry for stuff going extinct is that you don't want to be stuck with a bunch of lenses that aren't compatible with newer cameras. And these lenses should still work with canon crop sensor mirrorless cameras... so there are still good upgrade paths even if they stop making DSLRs.

That being said, I would still rather get a camera from Canon's M line vs. a DSLR just because I like the smaller size.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Nov 10, 2011
878 posts
837 upvotes
St. Catharines
Remember that I haven't used either of these cameras. The SL3 is a smaller camera body and may be more comfortable for people with smaller hands. It is best (IMO) to try before you buy to make sure that the camera feels comfortable to you. The lenses used are the same (although only the SL3 kit lens is available in white). You would have to go through the features closely to see which body is the best fit for your expected use. EG which has the highest ISO available if you expect to take non-flash low-light pictures. Or which has the most powerful flash if you expect to need that.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some days I think that I am the only person who knows how to use Google.
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2006
1484 posts
563 upvotes
BillyBill wrote: Yes, things are moving to mirrorless... but if someone wants a DSLR, this is still a good camera.

I started on a T5i and upgraded to an M6mkii ... I just had to get an adaptor and all my lenses still work. My flash still works. So even if someone buys a T7i and starts getting lenses and other gear... they could probably still upgrade to a mirrorless down the road and use the same lenses.

The worry for stuff going extinct is that you don't want to be stuck with a bunch of lenses that aren't compatible with newer cameras. And these lenses should still work with canon crop sensor mirrorless cameras... so there are still good upgrade paths even if they stop making DSLRs.

That being said, I would still rather get a camera from Canon's M line vs. a DSLR just because I like the smaller size.
You can use ef and ef/s lenses fine on the r format as well
Member
Sep 28, 2008
499 posts
323 upvotes
It's 2020 don't buy a DSLR as your first camera unless you're a hipster.
Deal Guru
Oct 27, 2003
14408 posts
4883 upvotes
Toronto
Nothing wrong with DSLRs. but check the used market, you can get way better value for your 900 bucks than this. A used 6D full frame body goes for 600-700 now.
Deal Guru
Oct 27, 2003
14408 posts
4883 upvotes
Toronto
Pro users will be using the EF mount that this uses for at least another 10 years to come. Also, DSLRs are tanks and last forever. Try dropping a DSLR vs a mirrorless cam and you'll see what i mean.
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 18, 2002
3899 posts
999 upvotes
Brampton
How is the shot to shot response time on this one?
Im no pro, just family photos and stuff. I still use a T2i that has a bit of lag, more the flash than shutter.
INFORMATION: The requested thread does not exist.
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2006
2445 posts
801 upvotes
prod wrote: How is the shot to shot response time on this one?
Im no pro, just family photos and stuff. I still use a T2i that has a bit of lag, more the flash than shutter.
flash is always going to take some time to charge capacitors.

The shot to shot lag time of the camera itself is basically nothing - it will shoot 6 frames a second for up to 24 frames if writing both RAW and JPG to a card.
Sr. Member
May 13, 2015
920 posts
1245 upvotes
Dartmouth, NS
prod wrote: How is the shot to shot response time on this one?
Im no pro, just family photos and stuff. I still use a T2i that has a bit of lag, more the flash than shutter.
if you're doing family photos (which I do a lot of), I found that having eye AF tracking was a huge upgrade. I used to do single point focus with back button focusing on my T5i and I was constantly getting focus on the eyes and recomposing. Now I just blast away and it hits focus on the eye almost every time.
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2008
1026 posts
330 upvotes
cpfan wrote: Remember that I haven't used either of these cameras. The SL3 is a smaller camera body and may be more comfortable for people with smaller hands. It is best (IMO) to try before you buy to make sure that the camera feels comfortable to you. The lenses used are the same (although only the SL3 kit lens is available in white). You would have to go through the features closely to see which body is the best fit for your expected use. EG which has the highest ISO available if you expect to take non-flash low-light pictures. Or which has the most powerful flash if you expect to need that.
I upgraded from a T3i to SL2 and find the picture quality in Auto mode is horrible on the SL2 and I'm seriously thinking of selling the SL2 body and buy a TXi series like this T7i. Do you have the same experience with SL3? I realize we can always use manual mode and shoot RAW, but this is not possible all the time.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Nov 10, 2011
878 posts
837 upvotes
St. Catharines
itemsale2003 wrote: I upgraded from a T3i to SL2 and find the picture quality in Auto mode is horrible on the SL2 and I'm seriously thinking of selling the SL2 body and buy a TXi series like this T7i. Do you have the same experience with SL3? I realize we can always use manual mode and shoot RAW, but this is not possible all the time.
I have never used any of the cameras mentioned in this post. However, I shoot most pictures in Aperture mode (Av), Shutter Mode (Tv) or Program (P). I try not to use Auto (frame with A). One of these days I need to figure out Manual (M) mode.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some days I think that I am the only person who knows how to use Google.
Member
Oct 16, 2014
249 posts
141 upvotes
Toronto
https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/ca ... d/14951092

I had the SL3 when I first started out and quickly upgraded to the EOS RP. Was very much worth it except the battery doesn't last as long as it did in the SL3 - both these cameras use the same batteries. Now I carry 3 batteries. Go full frame mirrorless! I got a deal when I bought mine which included the ef lens mount adapter so you can still use your old ef lenses.

Top