Expired Hot Deals

[Visions Electronics] Clarion FZ207 Single Din AM / FM / USB / AUX-IN / SD / MP3 / WMA Digital Media Receiver $28

[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10575 posts
4982 upvotes
Toronto

[Visions Electronics] Clarion FZ207 Single Din AM / FM / USB / AUX-IN / SD / MP3 / WMA Digital Media Receiver $28

Visions has this Clarion digital car deck for $28 instore and online. $5 for shipping here. Very basic receiver, but it might work for someone replacing another basic receiver themselves, or doing a quick slash and hack install themselves on an older vehicle. Probably not worthwhile for someone paying for a full installation, probably better to spend more on a better unit to start with, then.
I would give my life to protect your right to say something really funking stupid.
10 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
3632 posts
845 upvotes
This is an amazing price for brandname headunit. Totally worth it. Less <$50-60 depending on vehicle to replace, after buying wire harness and adapters.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10575 posts
4982 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone actually have one of these that could give a first hand review?

Looks like OOS for shipping here, but still available for ISPU.
I would give my life to protect your right to say something really funking stupid.
Jul 4, 2018
542 posts
456 upvotes
I have the Nakamichi @ $38 is a better buy as it has BT which is convenient and has other features usb, 3.5mm. Bought it @ $48 and Have it a few months and so far so good.

https://m.visions.ca/#!/home-productdet ... sku=NQ711B
Solid basic but good.

A con if it can be considered a con. Volume #1 is quite LOUD for a #1 lol. In order for me to make it a regular low level #1 i'd have to adjust the equalizer. It was a diy install on my part and i don't think that had anything for the volume level #1 to be louder than normal. I think it's the way the deck was made
Put some resphek on my name!
[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10575 posts
4982 upvotes
Toronto
Unresphek wrote: I have the Nakamichi @ $38 is a better buy as it has BT which is convenient and has other features usb, 3.5mm. Bought it @ $48 and Have it a few months and so far so good.

Solid basic but good.

A con if it can be considered a con. Volume #1 is quite LOUD for a #1 lol. In order for me to make it a regular low level #1 i'd have to adjust the equalizer. It was a diy install on my part and i don't think that had anything for the volume level #1 to be louder than normal. I think it's the way the deck was made
Thanks for posting the alt deal. Link didn't work for me, so here is a repeat.
https://www.visions.ca/product-detail/5 ... sku=NQ711B
Yours is free shipped, so that brings it to $33 if ordered online for ISPU, or within $5 for shipped orders, considering the $28 +$5 for the Clarion.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
28764 posts
9217 upvotes
Unresphek wrote: I have the Nakamichi @ $38 is a better buy as it has BT which is convenient and has other features usb, 3.5mm. Bought it @ $48 and Have it a few months and so far so good.
LOL I find it so odd that Nakamichi name appears on something that costs, even at reg. price, $79. Looks like however Nak went under/got bought out and they're basically just a name/badge now much like many other old-skool electronics names have become.

Clarion too, actually, looks like they were somehow bought out by Faurecia who is basically an auto parts supplier. Weird.
Aug 13, 2016
130 posts
86 upvotes

Solid basic but good.

Do you have to use that nakamichi app to play bluetooth music?
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2014
2213 posts
1269 upvotes
Calgary
Have to chuckle that the product page for this stereo on the Canadian site lists the European frequency steps for the AM/FM tuner.

(Luckily the manual says this is adjustable, so zero concern about actually picking up AM/FM stations here)
Jul 4, 2018
542 posts
456 upvotes
dealgetter91 wrote: Do you have to use that nakamichi app to play bluetooth music?
No i use whatever app i have on my phone. BT connection isnt restricted to apps.

Maybe on ios it does? Im not familiar with ios but when ive tried using that platform it was a headache with too much proprietary restrictions.

Anyways the nakamichi app is mainly to replace the actual remote that comes with it. The manual is very basic. The internal mic is a bit low on phone BT. I think there's a connection on the rear where an external mic can be hooked up. I might try that
Put some resphek on my name!
[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10575 posts
4982 upvotes
Toronto
Looks like the Clarion is still OOS for shipping, but still in stock in most stores. The Nakamichi is still in stock online and in store.