Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Visions Electronics

Denon AVR-X1400H Receiver $449

  • Last Updated:
  • Jun 12th, 2018 2:31 pm
16 replies
Newbie
Aug 22, 2006
90 posts
41 upvotes
Ajax
Great find! Thank you,

Sony STRDN1080, zone 2 has RCA out, which adapter i need to buy to connect ceiling speakers. any clue.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 19, 2005
1914 posts
810 upvotes
Calgary
Do both of these do upscaling?
Member
Mar 29, 2009
372 posts
61 upvotes
Does this have HDMI-CEC? I don't see it in the features list, just want to confirm.
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2017
1633 posts
2541 upvotes
Kingston
This was for $300 at Gibby's back in December... In fact call them and I'm sure you'll get it for $300.

Correction: it was $350 not $300.
Last edited by xtrmDeals on Jun 9th, 2018 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2008
3946 posts
1392 upvotes
Belle River
Is it 6 HDMI inputs or is the front one shared?


xtrmDeals wrote: This was for $300 at Gibby's back in December... In fact call them and I'm sure you'll get it for $300.
Would that be in store only?
Member
May 22, 2003
265 posts
104 upvotes
Pretty sure on the Denon side if you want upscaling to 4k you want the 2400H. Also adds more power and I think component inputs if those are important.

http://www.bigpicturebigsound.com/Denon ... vers.shtml

Edit: really though, wouldn't the TV do a better job of upscaling? I don't currently have 4k anything....
Last edited by adrianhensler on Jun 9th, 2018 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2017
1633 posts
2541 upvotes
Kingston
hystavito wrote: Is it 6 HDMI inputs or is the front one shared?


Would that be in store only?
My mistake. It was $350. I just checked my emails. Here's the guy that I spoke to:

Shawn Chudoroschkow

Senior Sales Associate

55 Geneva Street, St. Catharines, ON

www.gibbyselectronicsupermarket.ca

Toll Free: 1(877) 761-6354

Local:905 685 7611

[email protected]
Sr. Member
Jul 11, 2007
608 posts
180 upvotes
GTA
thinking about this as well, Denon has discrete output per channell, Sony did not says anything about type of amp.
Sony has service centre in canada but Denon does not.
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2015
1520 posts
1154 upvotes
Nanaimo
Only 80w per channel, if you have floor standing fronts then you may find this underpowered. If you bi-amp then you also lose the ability to do surround rears or heights (atmos). If you got up to the 3400H (which you can price match BestBuy @ $799 right now) then you're jumping up to 105 wpc, plus you get 8HDMI and the Aud XT 32 multipoint calibration tool, not to mention more pre-outs and other connection options if you need them, it's still only 7.2 unfortunately, plus still no PHONO! :(
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2013
1489 posts
980 upvotes
CALGARY
S0lidus wrote: Only 80w per channel, if you have floor standing fronts then you may find this underpowered. If you bi-amp then you also lose the ability to do surround rears or heights (atmos). If you got up to the 3400H (which you can price match BestBuy @ $799 right now) then you're jumping up to 105 wpc, plus you get 8HDMI and the Aud XT 32 multipoint calibration tool, not to mention more pre-outs and other connection options if you need them, it's still only 7.2 unfortunately, plus still no PHONO! :(
Consider you are also jumping up almost twice on price.
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2015
1520 posts
1154 upvotes
Nanaimo
cec4111 wrote: Consider you are also jumping up almost twice on price.
yup about 70%, it's a higher discount on the 3400 though.

Top