Expired Hot Deals

[Visions Electronics] "FREE" Lucky/Virgin Prepaid phones with activation.

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 17th, 2020 2:02 pm
[OP]
Apr 25, 2019
223 posts
270 upvotes

[Visions Electronics] "FREE" Lucky/Virgin Prepaid phones with activation.

The free phones are the ZTE Axon 7 Mini and the ZTE Z557. They might be good as backups or to give to the kids/elderly.
These phones are a little old, but they are FREE with Lucky/Virgin prepaid activation. Several other phones are on FINAL clearance but are not free.
On FINAL clearance so stock may vary by location.
YMMV

ZTE Axon 7 Mini:
https://www.visions.ca/category-name/60 ... s?menu=504
ZTE Z557:
https://www.visions.ca/product-detail/5 ... &sku=BZ557
Last edited by LeifS39303 on Aug 17th, 2020 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lucky Mobile 3.5 GB $25
18 replies
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
10332 posts
4808 upvotes
the hording begins
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user!
EQ BANK!
Buy first think later!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 8, 2010
7203 posts
424 upvotes
York
What’s the plan you have to activate on? Can I come home and cancel the plan? Penalties?

Just called the Vaughan store - guy said no stock for either phone. Could be lying, could be the truth. I am not driving to find out :)
Sep 12, 2018
159 posts
87 upvotes
Edmonton
dankup wrote: What’s the plan you have to activate on? Can I come home and cancel the plan? Penalties?

Just called the Vaughan store - guy said no stock for either phone. Could be lying, could be the truth. I am not driving to find out :)
Given that it's prepaid I don't see how there can be penalties. You have to pay for 1 month of plan though and that's non refundable.
Jan 31, 2014
131 posts
61 upvotes
Montréal
I dont have any vision store near me, anyway to get this from other store or online?
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2017
1832 posts
1286 upvotes
Can’t I activate this during on of their flash sales that gets the second month free (and hopefully the SIM too) and walk out after paying $15 for two months of service and port out the number a day or two before?
Or simply remove any payment method on the account and let it get suspended and, eventually, deactivated?

I mean, phones in Canada these days all come unlocked and, if there’s no contract or financing on it (considering it’s prepaid), there should be no issues?
Aug 21, 2019
328 posts
219 upvotes
BC
Probably no issues for those planning to cheese it. This is a very low performance phone I doubt people would buy it for 50$.
May 2, 2017
779 posts
1437 upvotes
The axon 7 mini was actually an rfd deal for 150 a year ago iirc. Decent phone, fhd amoled, usb c. Not much info online but the terms may state that the prepaid account must be open at least 3 months, etc?
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
13464 posts
3718 upvotes
VANCOUVER
I don't see anything online that says activation on prepaid is eligible.
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
13464 posts
3718 upvotes
VANCOUVER
"Sale Ends: 2022-12-31" lol
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2013
1081 posts
407 upvotes
Toronto, ON
The quotation marks around FREE make this sound suspicious lol.
Jan 28, 2014
623 posts
234 upvotes
Anyone actually tried to activate this and see if the phones are unlocked?

I know some carriers have been locking them before being sold (to prevent reselling if they are stolen). Then when sold they are forgetting to unlock the devices.

Also the unlock rules from Dec 2017 may not apply to prepaid devices.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
11859 posts
10789 upvotes
Rogido wrote: I don't see anything online that says activation on prepaid is eligible.
One the bottom of ZTE Axon 7 detailed page has the following sentence in red. They make sure that they will get the activation commission before handing a new phone to you. They may ask you to pay x number months at the activation time.

^In store activation and setup required, see in store for details
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $36 5GB, $12 250MB, 2x $6 50min/50text, Fido $5 4GB data only plan with a free tablet,
Zoomer $36 loyalty 4GB plan, $0 FPL home phone. Have a better and better day!
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
3578 posts
1848 upvotes
Halifax
STIGUY wrote: Anyone actually tried to activate this and see if the phones are unlocked?

I know some carriers have been locking them before being sold (to prevent reselling if they are stolen). Then when sold they are forgetting to unlock the devices.

Also the unlock rules from Dec 2017 may not apply to prepaid devices.
They are unlocked. If by small chance, they are locked, by law, the carrier is required to provide the unlock code for free.
Nov 15, 2006
539 posts
276 upvotes
Toronto
I know this brand ZTE from President Trump.